Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges: "Quotation Marks: Answer Key"
Answer key for Quotation Marks practice problems.
Practice: Insert quotation marks, punctuation, and change capitalization where necessary for the following sentences to be grammatically correct.
- Did you read the Angelou poem Still I Rise he asked
- Of all her poems she said this is my favorite. It's really very funny she added
- Turning towards her mother she asked for help. She seemed distressed and was shaking her hands. What‟s wrong her mother answered. I am going to miss the bus she replied
- Holmes never actually says It's elementary Watson in the stories the teacher explained
- Jaime helped Petra on her essay about The Red-Headed League
- Tanya's Math teacher asked her where are you stuck
- I can't figure out where to put the plus-sign Tanya answered it doesn't seem to make a difference where it goes
- Who is the criminal in The Blue Carbuncle asked Professor Rodriguez
- Who said To be or not to be, that is the question asked Professor Lee.
- The milk is spoiled she exclaimed don't drink it.
- "Did you read the Angelou poem, 'Still I Rise'?" he asked.
- "Of all her poems", she said, "this is my favorite". "It's really very funny", she added.
- Turning towards her mother, she asked for help. She seemed distressed and was shaking her hands. "What's wrong?" her mother answered. "I am going to miss the bus", she replied.
- "Holmes never actually says, 'It's elementary Watson' in the stories", the teacher explained.
- Jaime helped Petra on her essay about "The Red-Headed League".
- Tanya's Math teacher asked her, "Where are you stuck?".
- "I can't figure out where to put the plus-sign", Tanya answered. "It doesn't seem to make a difference where it goes."
- "Who is the criminal in 'The Blue Carbuncle'?" asked Professor Rodriguez.
- "Who said 'To be or not to be, that is the question'?" asked Professor Lee.
- "The milk is spoiled!" she exclaimed. "Don't drink it."
Last modified: Monday, October 21, 2019, 7:10 PM