Unit 4 Discussion
After reviewing the unit materials and completing the assessments, post and respond to the following topics on the course discussion board. Feel free to start your own related posts and respond to other students' posts as well.
- Describe the differences between single parents, cohabitation, same-sex couples, and unmarried individuals. Who are some famous (or infamous) people that can be used as examples for each of these categories?
- What are some conclusions one can draw from the fact that there is a growing single population?
- Explain how Karl Marx and Émile Durkheim view religion. How are their views similar? How are they different?
- What are some manifest and latent functions of education? Provide examples.
- How would a conflict theorist evaluate education in American public schools? How might this affect factors contributing to the dropout rate for high school students?
- Define and differentiate between power, authority, and different types of authority. Provide examples.
- Describe the current United States' workforce and the trend of polarization. What are some examples in which we are seeing these trends occur?
Click https://discourse.saylor.org/t/soc101-unit-4-discussion/2457 link to open resource.