After reviewing the unit materials and completing the assessments, post and respond to the following topics on the course discussion board. Feel free to start your own related posts and respond to other students' postings as well. If you haven't done so already, you will need to create a free account at the link above to participate in the discussions.
- Compare and contrast the cultural meaning of illness, the social construction of illness, and the social construction of medical knowledge.
- What are some disparities of health based on gender, socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity?
- What are some real-world examples of environmental racism? Provide examples to support your answer.
- Where do you think one would expect to find the greatest urban growth rate in the world?
- What are some effects of migration from rural areas to urban centers in the United States?
- Describe different forms of collective behavior. Provide some contemporary examples of these forms.
- Explain how technology, social institutions, population, and the environment can bring about social change. Provide some examples.