Read this chapter for a review of culture. As you read each section, consider the following topics:
- Write down the differences between culture and society.
- Focus on the bold terms, paying close attention to the differences between ethnocentrism and cultural relativism. Then, write down some ideas as to why these two concepts would be central to studying societies.
- Take note of the bold terms in this section, focusing on the different kinds of norms as well as the significance of symbols.
- Take note of the different types of cultures as well as the effect of globalization on those cultures.
- Read this section while making connections to the three theoretical perspectives you studied in subunit 1.1.