Discussion: Unit 6

Make forum posts: 1

Discussion: Unit 6

Number of replies: 21
  • As a customer and consumer, you purchase products for many reasons. Why do you typically buy a product? Is it cost, quality, company reputation and social presence, or other factors?
  • Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not?
  • Are you swayed to purchase based on consumer reward programs? Name a customer reward program you participate in?
  • Are there companies which you believe in and trust? Explain. Why is it important for companies to build trust?
  • The internet has expanded the customer experience and exposure to products. Explain the challenges companies and customers face with internet purchases.
In reply to First post

Re: Discussion: Unit 6

by HEAVENLY APIABSEH -

1) Well, I buy products for the following motives:

• Cost: The products I buy at times rhyme with the costs - implying that the qualities might be the best. 
  • Quality: When I'm shopping, I aim at products that are qualitative, durable, etc.
  • Company Reputation: If the companies/its representatives are well renowned for their well behaviour and goodskills- suchasproblem-solving, communication skills-, then the likelihood of customers is certain -otherwise, if not, they may lose customers. 
  • "The proof of the pudding": meaning that one/customers can only tell if sth is good/ bad, after they've tried, tested, or experienced it; additionally, If the reviews/ comments made by recent customers are high/genuine, then it implies that customers relished their products/services- otherwise ,if not, the firms might lose customers.    • Most importantly to me- I buy products for the better easement of life and tasks. 

2) Of course! Because so long as CSWs comply to the principles of their firms and as well as reflect good skills- such as problem-solving, communication, listening, etc.- clients will appreciate that, and the company might earn more customers. 

3) Yes, but sometimes. "Starbucks Reward" 

4) Yes, but some.  Since we've more and more marketing firms via online, thus it can be challenging to differentiate between genuine/ fraudulent sellers 

Because the more they build trust, the more they earn customers and their trust, too.

5) The following are challenges faced by both customers and companies:              

♤ Since more and more firms are being generated -online and offline-, the strive for success by rivals/competitors increases.

♧ Purchasing online by customers can be beneficial/disadvantageous, because since there's the potentiality of insecurity - such as hackers/fraudulent sellers- ,it makes customers uncertain of which to trust. 

♡ When purchasing online, too, customers mightn't know the qualities of their products, as when delivered to them some might be ruined, bad/poor quality, wrong package, etc.

◇ Customers might also face lengthy delay of their delivered, purchased products ,which might be a result of wrong address, 

☆ During the delivering of customers' products,  unanticipated surcharges might be expected from them- thus making them to spend more than the amount itself. 

● In case of ruined, wrong, or dissatisfied products and customers are expecting refunds, some companies might decline offering.

■ When purchasing online, customers might encounter some dubious or unclear websites that don't cater obvious/ exact info for their products.

In reply to First post

by Khya Baldwin -
As a customer and consumer, you purchase products for many reasons. Why do you typically buy a product? Is it cost, quality, company reputation and social presence, or other factors? For me I buy a product based on the quality and company reputation

Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not? Yes, it depends on what brand I’m shopping for.

Are there companies which you believe in and trust? Explain. Why is it important for companies to build trust? Target. Because it’s always a great experience buying and shopping for stuff at Target.

A common delay that I’ve noticed when buying things over the internet is how long it takes to get to my location.
In reply to First post

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: This forum post has been removed

by JOSHUA NDHLOVU -

• As a customer and consumer, you purchase products for many reasons. Why do you typically buy a product? Is it cost, quality, company reputation and social presence, or other factors?

I do purchasing of a product for  many reasons such as-  its importance to me if I compare it with an older version; how the product is going to help me with no unexpected problems; if a product has particular, admired features that I might feel interested / prompted to buy; a product whose company is known for its  main objective to  totally  satisfy its consumers, also I might buy  a product whose cost has been declined.                

• Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not?  Sometimes I'm loyal to particular brands. Because, I don't really like putting much attention to a brand, and a firm on seeing that, might exploit my loyalty;  besides that there are others that I might give attention to.
In reply to First post

by GRAIL APIABSEH -

I do purchasing of a product for  many reasons such as-  its importance to me if I compare it with an older version; how the product is going to help me with no unexpected problems; if a product has particular, admired features that I might feel interested / prompted to buy; a product whose company is known for its  main objective to  totally  satisfy its consumers, also I might buy  a product whose cost has been declined.                

• Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not?  Sometimes I'm loyal to particular brands. Because, I don't really like putting much attention to a brand, and a firm on seeing that, might exploit my loyalty;  besides that there are others that I might give attention to.

·        

• Are you swayed to purchase based on consumer reward programs? Name a customer reward program you participate in?        Sometimes I am.  "STARBUCK IN DAY"  . 
    • Are there companies which you believe in and trust? Explain. Why is it important for companies to build trust?   Well, there are some firms that I trust and stick to . Because, sometimes when I compare with other firms in terms of CSWs ethical precepts, behavior, I see a higher difference with the firm I deal with, and also, when it comes to product quality, they make sure they try to satisfy their customers.  I think it's necessary for companies to build trust because first for the sake of  customer maintenance and second, to gain positive company  reputation that could lead to more potential customers and profit.

The internet has expanded the customer experience and exposure to products. Explain the challenges companies and customers face with internet purchases.    

• Challenges faced by both companies and customers 

Thanks  to social media platforms, firms can be able to advertise  both their  products and services - but also the likelihood of having firm competitions.

Customers who constantly visit the internet to do online purchasing might have difficulty in knowing  genuine firms- and therefore, buying poor quality products .

Ensurance of customer satisfaction one of the problems by both customers and companies; companies might fail to exceed the expectations of their customers, and the other hand, customers might experience their satisfaction is not to their desired level.

Companies who do e-commercing are likely to experience data security threats (cyber hacking by hackers and fraudsters), and therefore this will possibly lead to gradual drop revenue.

Customers might also experience misleading prices, advertisements or overcharging of delivery fees and installment fees or  even extra charges.

One of the things that actually drives customers  away  especially those who do e-commercing   is poor handled returns or refund policies by the  company.

Finally,  another problem that most companies encounter is customer retention, this is due to failure  to maintain customer support and establish trust.

Attachment Callcenter03.jpg
Attachment CSW Junction Multiple Transport.jpg
Attachment CSW67.jpg
Attachment NYCT Customer Service Center Opens by Appointment Only with COVID Protections (50091872737).jpg
In reply to First post

by Khya Baldwin -
I typically buy a product based off the cost and the quality of it.

I don’t participate in any rewards program.

Yes, there are a few companies that I believe in a trust.

A challenge that I notice when purchasing something online is that the product takes long to ship.
In reply to First post

by bright uka -
1. cost, quality, the proof, and company reputation are the motive for buying a product
2. I'm not loyal to a particular product because sometimes because a product may fail on process of production
3. I have not participated in any reward program so I don't have much to emphasize on it
4. no, i see all products as one because they are all manufactured by a company with different names
In reply to First post

by Amr Hanafy Abd Elmaged Saleh Abu-zeid -
-I buy products for three reasons...the first is basic nutritional products and the best offers....the second reason is...household products and I prefer to choose the brand if the price is good or not good and if it guarantees the strength of the product and that the product will last a long time without damage...the third reason. ..the products are not necessary, but I like them on a personal level, and here it depends on my financial capabilities in this period of time.
-Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not?
It is not important...what is important is the quality of the product and its reasonable price, which does not depend entirely on the name of the brand
-Are you swayed to purchase based on consumer reward programs? Name a customer reward program you participate in?
It is not necessary...what matters is how much I need the product and whether it is priced or has a good offer
-Are there companies which you believe in and trust? Explain. Why is it important for companies to build trust?
I am open to all companies and accept a product with strong manufacturing capabilities, a good competitive price, and good customer service, especially after-sales service such as maintenance.
-The internet has expanded the customer experience and exposure to products. Explain the challenges companies and customers face with internet purchases.
The challenges that companies face are the intense competition from small companies that offer a product or service with good quality and a reasonable price, and also the large number of sales leads to many errors, including delayed receipt of the product or receipt of the wrong product, long waiting to reach customer service by phone, and delay in responding to emails...
In reply to First post

by Lucky Okogun -
I buy products majorly for price and quality purposes. I have also discovered that the brand factor later set in because the best brands eventually offered the more quality services and products.

I am loyal to brands that offer the best quality.

I am not swayed to purchase on consumer rewards programs.

Yes there are companies that I believe in and trust. Examples include Oraimo, LG etc. Trust is important because it keeps the customers.
In reply to First post

by Ambrasha Mask -

As a customer that loves bargain shopping my purchases are based heavily on products that give me the best deals. I do have a since of loyalty to certain brands where I am apart of consumer reward programs. Yes, my purchase are swayed by consumer reward programs as they offer incentives such as discounts, exclusive offers, or loyalty points. I am an advent Kroger shopper and reward member. I may travel clear across town, passing Walmart and other grocers, just to hop and recieve my member deals. I am not sure if they are a company I necessarily trust or believe in. Consumers often trust companies that demonstrate transparency, integrity, reliability, and a commitment to customer satisfaction. It's important for companies to build trust to establish long-term relationships with customers, enhance brand reputation, and differentiate themselves in competitive markets.

The internet has indeed revolutionized the way companies and customers interact and conduct business. However, it has also introduced several challenges for both parties involved in internet purchases:

Challenges for Companies:

Security Concerns: Maintaining the security of online transactions and customer data is a significant challenge. Companies must invest in robust cybersecurity measures to protect sensitive information from data breaches and cyber attacks.

Trust and Credibility:  Building trust and credibility with online customers can be challenging, especially for newer or lesser-known businesses. Establishing a positive online reputation through reviews, testimonials, and social proof is essential but can take time and effort.

Competition: The online marketplace is highly competitive, with countless businesses vying for customers' attention and loyalty. Companies must find ways to differentiate themselves from competitors and attract customers through compelling value propositions, unique selling points, and effective marketing strategies.

Logistics and Fulfillment: Efficiently managing inventory, order fulfillment, and shipping logistics is crucial for providing a seamless online shopping experience. Companies need robust systems and processes in place to handle orders promptly, accurately, and cost-effectively.

Customer Service: Providing excellent customer service in the digital realm presents its own set of challenges. Companies must be responsive to customer inquiries, resolve issues promptly, and maintain clear communication throughout the purchasing process to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Challenges for Customers:

Security Risks: Customers face risks such as identity theft, credit card fraud, and phishing scams when making online purchases. It's essential for them to exercise caution and only shop from reputable websites with secure payment systems.

Product Authenticity and Quality: Without the ability to physically inspect products before purchasing, customers may encounter challenges in assessing their authenticity and quality. This is particularly relevant for items such as clothing, electronics, and luxury goods.

Returns and Refunds: Dealing with returns and refunds can be more complicated with online purchases compared to in-person transactions. Customers may encounter difficulties in returning items, obtaining refunds, or receiving adequate compensation for damaged or defective products.

nformation Overload: The vast amount of information available online can sometimes overwhelm customers, making it challenging to make informed purchasing decisions. Sorting through product reviews, specifications, and pricing details requires time and effort.

Delivery Issues: Delays, damaged shipments, and lost packages are common concerns for online shoppers. Customers may experience frustration and inconvenience when their orders don't arrive on time or in the expected condition.

Overall, while internet purchases offer convenience and access to a wide range of products, both companies and customers must navigate various challenges to ensure a positive online shopping experience. Effective communication, trust-building efforts, and continuous improvement in processes and technology can help mitigate these challenges and foster successful internet transactions.

In reply to First post

by Soukaina Farhoun -
As a consumer, my purchasing decisions are influenced by a combination of factors including cost, quality, company reputation, and product reviews. While I appreciate a good deal, I prioritize quality and reliability when making purchases. Brand loyalty is earned through consistent positive experiences and meeting my expectations in terms of product performance and customer service. Consumer reward programs can be enticing, and I participate in those that offer tangible benefits or discounts for repeat purchases. Trust in companies is built through transparency, reliability, and fulfilling promises, which is crucial for fostering long-term customer relationships. However, internet purchases pose challenges such as the risk of counterfeit products, security concerns, and the inability to physically inspect items before buying, requiring companies to prioritize customer protection and satisfaction in online transactions.
In reply to First post

by Churchill Eze -

1. Before I purchase a product/pay for a service, I first consider its affordability and then compare its cost and quality to alternative options. I would buy a product to make use of it. A product with a good reputation would be more encouraging to purchase because of the good experiences shared by other consumers.

2. Yes, I am loyal to several brands. The loyalty I have with some products started due to them being used by most people. As for other products I remain loyal to, they continuously offer products that perform as advertised.

3. Consumer reward programs are not what sways me to purchase a product at first. At a shoe store, I was given a customer card that gave me access to discounts based on some purchases.

4. Yes there are several companies I trust. My trust in these companies was established by the positive reviews other people have of their products/services and by my personal experience with their offerings. Companies should build trust to serve their consumers better. The benefits of trust would extend to employee retention and increased profits.

• Companies can experience the failure of not meeting customer expectations, having their reputation tarnished by knock-off products and fake accounts/stolen cards used for purchases. 
  • Customers can experience difficulty being compensated fairly for faulty purchases and may encounter hidden costs in the checkout process, Eg: additional fees for shipping and handling.
  • One of the common challenges consumers face is a violation of some of the basic consumer rights.

In reply to First post

by amy nunez -
1. I typically purchase a product because of the quality of the product and the reviews it has. Most of the time, I also purchase a product because of the cost. If it’s a good reviewed product and it’s a fairly good price I will be purchasing it.
2. I am loyal to some brands. This is because of the quality of the product, their customer service, or there fast shipping.
3. I am swayed at times to purchase based on consumer reward programs, but it depends if I’m feeling the products. For instance, starbucks rewards and Chickfila rewards. These will be purchase if I’m in the mood for it.
4. There are companies I trust. For instance, a makeup brand I always use is e.l.f. There makeup brand is great quality and has very good prices for the quality of the product compared to other brands. I do think it’s important for companies to build trust so that’ll have loyal customers and get referrals from those happy and loyal customers. If a customer has trust to your company, you have a greater chance of keeping them and bringing new customers in.
5. The internet has extended the customer experiences and exposure to products. Some challenges companies face might be a glitch on their website, bad reviews that anyone can see, delay shipping, and many more. Some challenges customers face with internet purchases might be a delayed shipment, no responses from the customer service, slow shipment, and much more.
In reply to First post

by Stephen Obiri-Ibe -
I usually buy a product based on a combination of factors like cost, company reputation, social presence, and other considerations. Cost plays a significant role as it directly affects the decision-making process for me. Additionally, company reputation and social presence can influence my trust and confidence in a product or brand. Other factors such as product quality, features, customer reviews, and personal preferences also contribute to my decision to purchase a product.

Yes, I am, and the reasons are based on factors like quality, reliability, customer service, and overall satisfaction with a particular brand's products or services.

Sometimes I am, but I don’t think I participate in any customer reward program now.

I’m not sure I totally trust or believe in companies. However, it's crucial for companies to build trust with their customers to establish long-lasting relationships and loyalty. Companies that prioritize building trust through transparency, reliability, quality products, and excellent customer service can create a positive reputation and attract repeat business. Trust is essential as it fosters customer satisfaction, enhances brand credibility, and ultimately leads to business growth and success.

The internet has changed the way we shop and interact with products. Companies and customers face various challenges with online purchases. For companies, maintaining a strong online presence, ensuring secure transactions, managing customer data privacy, dealing with online competition, and providing excellent customer service are some key challenges. On the other hand, customers may face issues like online security concerns, potential scams or fraudulent websites, difficulty in assessing product quality without physical interaction, and delays in shipping or returns. It's important for both companies and customers to navigate these challenges by prioritizing trust, transparency, and communication in the online shopping experience.
In reply to First post

by MARY EFEH -

Yes I buy products for many reasons and cost,quality and company are one of the essential reasons for my purchase as a customer and consumer. 

Yes I’m loyal to particular brands and why is bcos they give in their best when it comes to delivering quality products….im particular about quality and cost

No I’ve not participated in a customer reward program before but then I look forward to do that someday 

Yes there are companies I believe in and trust,reason why companies should build trust is particularly for future purposes or future customers…. I believe a few positive feedback from customers about a certain company can make the company have more successful customers because company’s trust leads to positive feedback or reviews from customers both online and offline. 

One of the challenges companies face is competition from other companies….while purchasing online, customers are likely to experience a longer delay for the arrival of their product,also a non refundable purchase is one of the challenges faced by customers 

In reply to First post

by Shiela Maree Pino -
As a consumer, I typically buy products based on a combination of factors, including cost, quality, and company reputation. I prioritize value for money and trustworthiness when making purchasing decisions.

I'm loyal to certain brands if they consistently meet my expectations in terms of product quality, customer service, and overall experience. Trust and reliability play a significant role in brand loyalty for me.

Consumer reward programs can influence my purchasing decisions, especially if they offer tangible benefits or discounts. I participate in reward programs offered by airlines and grocery stores to earn points or discounts on future purchases.

I trust companies that demonstrate transparency, integrity, and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Building trust is essential for companies to establish long-term relationships with customers and foster brand loyalty.

The internet has brought both opportunities and challenges for companies and customers in the realm of online purchases. Companies face challenges such as maintaining data security, managing online reputation, and standing out in a crowded digital marketplace. Customers may encounter issues related to product authenticity, delivery delays, or fraudulent sellers. Despite these challenges, the internet offers convenience, accessibility, and a wider range of choices for both companies and customers.
In reply to First post

by Bayode Yejide Oluwafunmilola -
I buy products based on it's cost, quality and company reputation
Yes, I am loyal to brands... I'm a firm believer of sticking to what I know especially when it works. it's takes a lot of convincing and other factors to switch
I am sometimes, especially if I've considered the brand before and can already vouch for it
Yes, there are a few companies that I believe in and trust.
Shipping is and has always been a major issue when it comes to internet purchases. the cost of shipping is either too high or delivery time is too long
In reply to First post

by Oyedoyin Oladapo -
I purchase product mainly because of quality that has been tested overtime. Quality is the goal of any product. Product might be costly and still not have good quality.
At times, company reputation make me to buy some products because before a company can earn good reputation, it must have had a good name and good product.

I'm a lady and l can say, l'm loyal to Darling product, they sell attachments, weavon and related products. Mainly l do buy their attachments before l do get value for my money in terms of quality and at the same time it is affordable to other products.

I have never purchased a product based on customer rewards program.

Well, l trust Darling company who produces attachment, weavon and other related products.

However,it is important to build trust because that's the foundation that make company gain market and have more customers that are loyal to their products or services.

Lack of trust can dent the image of an organisation.and can mar their sales. Trust is the foundational of any successful business.

One of the challenges of internet purchase is that you might not get exactly what you order.

Second, there might be delayed in delivery which is very minimal now.

On the other hand, company don't usually have challenge, the only thing is that, customer can reject goods purchase and request for money in return.
Some people might send wrong address which the delivery agent might not reach the customers on time.
In reply to First post

by Nkalle Peter -
As a customer and consumer,I buy a product because it's costless,have a quality consumption and the company reputation, social presence are super good.

I am not loyal to particular brand because whatever services render to me of quality nature makes me fit regardless of the cost.

No,I am swayed to purchase base on the consumer program because whatever comes out from the productivity with quality,or cost makes it different.

Companies i believe in are trust because they make sure their productivity,cost, consumption, quality is of standard nature to satisfy our demands.

The challenges customers and companies face with Internet when Internet expand customer experience is due to ineffectiveness of communication
In reply to First post

by Abdon Le Roy Nkada -

I buy products for quality, cost and how easy i can relate with the saler.

I am not loyal to a company.