Discussion: Generational Diversity

Make forum posts: 1

Discussion: Generational Diversity

Number of replies: 8

Reflect on the article about generational diversity that you have just read. What, if any, impact does generational diversity have on your own workplace? Are younger, more technologically comfortable employees tolerant of older employees who may not possess as many technological skills? Have you observed the reactions of older employees to new technology, and if so, how did these employees deal with those changes?

Share your thoughts on these questions in the course discussion forum. Read the responses that other students have posted and post your own comments. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to connect with your peers and to receive meaningful feedback of your own.

In reply to First post

Re: Discussion: Generational Diversity

by Amber McKennerney -
Not necessarily I have noticed the younger employees think that they can get away with more because they supposedly know more.
In reply to First post

by Muskan Dagar -

Younger employees have definitely become less tolerant of older employees who may not possess as many technological skills. On the other hand, those elder employees find it hard to deal with new technology. 

In reply to First post

by Anna Cotza -
In my sector, work experience is important, but it is also very important to be able to constantly innovate and from this point of view young people are strategic. Excellent results are achieved when the right balance is found between experience-related skills and the ability to innovate.
In reply to First post

by Inaki Villa -
Interactions are certainly affected by generational diversity in the workplace. Younger workers are frequently more knowledgeable about technology and may be more understanding of challenges that older workers may encounter. Older workers' attitudes about new technology differ; some may welcome it, while others may be unsure of it and easily agitated, needing encouragement and support to adjust.
In reply to First post

by Kathleen Clark -
The management positions in my workplace tend to be filled by people in the X and Baby Boomer generations while the lower level positions are made up of Millennials and Gen Z. Our decision making is centralized. I think this format can stifle innovation and new ideas coming from our younger employees.
In reply to First post

by Rebeca Ramirez -
I can really relate to this article. In banking, technology and mobile apps are always advancing and several of our old employees have a harder time adjusting. It is important that everyone is given the time needed to learn and feel confident to be able to show our clients the enhancements,
In reply to First post

by Goitom Desaley -
Generational diversity refers to the differences in attitudes, values, behaviors, and expectations among individuals of different generations within a workplace or society. Today's workforce often comprises members of several generations, including Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials (Generation Y), and Generation Z. Discussing generational diversity involves understanding and appreciating these differences while fostering an inclusive environment where individuals of all generations can collaborate effectively.