Discussion: Setting and Achieving Powerful Goals

Make forum posts: 1

Discussion: Setting and Achieving Powerful Goals

Number of replies: 8

Reflect on the article that you have just read about setting and achieving goals. What steps do you take to ensure that you set goals and take action to achieve those goals? What do you do when you find that you have gone off track?

Share your thoughts on the discussion forum. Read the responses that other students have posted and post your own comments. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to connect with your peers and to receive meaningful feedback of your own.

In reply to First post

Re: Discussion: Setting and Achieving Powerful Goals

by Amber McKennerney -
When setting goals it is important to be realistic and know what you can or can not do
In reply to First post

by Muskan Dagar -

Goals should be realistic, being aware of one's strengths and weaknesses.

In reply to First post

by Anna Cotza -
It is important to define the goals on the basis of all available resources and after having analyzed in detail the context in which you operate and the time available.
In reply to First post

by Inaki Villa -
I make sure to follow the SMART criteria—Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound—to make sure I set and accomplish my goals efficiently. Using this method, I create a detailed plan with precise deadlines and break these goals down into manageable steps. If I do not follow this plan exactly, I reflect carefully to find out why I did not follow it and then I make the necessary adjustments.
In reply to First post

by Rebeca Ramirez -
By setting a goal you have a purpose or objective to achieve and you track you progress. SMART goals area good strategy to keep you on track.
In reply to First post

by Kathleen Clark -
I have developed a habit of writing down my goals, whether they are personal or related to the workplace. I did not realize I was using this to then take steps to visualize this until reading this article.

When I get off track, I consider why reassess the goal. Has the variables changed? Is the goal still realistic? Is is still relevant? If the answers to the last two questions is yes, I will determine what I need to do to get back on course. If the answers are no, then the goal may no longer be a goal. I think it is just as important to recognize when it is appropriate to let a goal go, as it is to stay committed to accomplishing it.
In reply to First post

by Brenda Ampumuza -

I usually write my goals do, make a plan.of how I am going to achieve each, make steps towards achieving the goal say objectives. I make sure tthat whatever I intend to achieve flows through well with SMART goal setting technique. 

Once I get oftrack; I revisit the goals, Motivate and encourage myself to get the tasks accomplished.  I also learnt to forgive myself because most times it's due to unavoidable circumstances.