Read this page and watch the video to learn more about the purpose of risk management and the four stages of the risk management process. Before you move on, make sure you have a good understanding of the formulas, and that you are able to use the formulas on this page to calculate single loss expectancy (SLE), annual rate of occurrence (ARO), and annual loss expectancy (ALE).
Lesson ObjectivesBy the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of risk management.
- Discuss the impact of the Target Corporation data breach.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate risk management principles and best practices into an organization – wide plan.
- Explain the methods of managing risks.
- Perform a quantitative risk assessment analysis.
- Perform a qualitative risk assessment analysis.
Source: National Information Security and Geospatial Technologies Consortium (NISGTC), https://www.edjet.com/scorm-content/edjet-prod-uploads/1bbb6bd2940fd96497953e96a7011e315c141cf3/771aacefbe2ed9e16b17173a36b691df/story_content/WebObjects/6MLNkf2prXH/lesson02/index.html
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.