This chapter looks at one way information systems can bring competitive advantage through their effect on business processes. As you read, think about the previous chapter on competitive advantage. How are the two concepts related?
Upon successful completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- define the term business process;
- understand the tools of documentation of business processes;
- identify the different systems needed to support business processes in an organization;
- explain the value of an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system;
- explain how business process management and business process reengineering work; and
- understand how information technology combined with business processes can bring an organization competitive advantage.
Source: David Bourgeois, https://opentextbook.site/informationsystems2019/chapter/chapter-8-business-processes-information-systems-introduction/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 License.