Discussion: Unit 5

Make forum posts: 1

Discussion: Unit 5

Number of replies: 22
  • Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business. What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?
  • Explain why companies should use CRM strategies and tools.
  • Describe some ways that CRM can impact the customer experience.
  • Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.

In reply to First post

Re: Discussion: Unit 5

by Khya Baldwin -
Some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business are emails, some advantages of this is customers can provide detailed feedback, attach supporting documents, and communicate at their own inconvenience. Some disadvantages of this is it may take time for business to respond, and their may be a lack of real time interaction.

Another way customers use to communicate feedback to a business are live chats. Some advantages of this is that customers can receive immediate assistance and provide real time feedback, enhancing the customer experience. Some disadvantages of this is technical issues or delays may frustrate customers, and therefore limitations on the length and messages.
In reply to First post

by Churchill Eze -
1. Customers can communicate feedback to a business using the following options: Emails, Mobile Devices, call centers, and Instant messaging (Live chat).

The advantages and/or disadvantages of each option:

• Emails: Enable customers to stay updated on the progress of transactions. Complaints and inquiries can also be made via email. The recorded data from emails can help a business refine its CRM.
  • Mobile phones/Devices: Provide a medium through which businesses can market their products/services in various forms. Customers can access social media apps on their mobile devices and directly message a business account.
  • Call centers: With the use of V.O.I.P., a business can establish its call center in developing countries for lower costs. One disadvantage is the difference in culture or language between the call center representatives and the customer inquiring. Another disadvantage is exposure to external factors such as bad weather or power outages that can delay the customer service process, resulting in frustrated or unsatisfied customers.
  • Instant messaging: This can be applied via mobile devices on apps and websites. It provides a quick way for customers to inquire about any relevant issue.
2. Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because it makes business processes operate with efficiency.
  • CRM strategies can be applied to marketing, customer satisfaction, and customer retention.
  • CRM tools can be used to track customer activity, automate some processes, and provide insight into the targeted effort to maximize resources. All of these are stored in a centralized place for easy access to relevant personnel.
3. Due to the use of CRM, customers are exposed to a large volume of accurately catered ads. This application of CRM has resulted in privacy concerns for customers because of the way the data used for ads is tracked. It has also led to customers developing ad blindness to the excessive amount of ads (sponsored or organic).

4. In my experience, I have provided feedback to a company for an online course. The method I used to post the online review for the course was a simple web option I clicked on to rate the course and add a public review.

In reply to First post

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: This forum post has been removed

by JOSHUA NDHLOVU -

We can use emails, and some of the  advantages of this is customers can provide detailed feedback, attach supporting documents, and communicate at their own inconvenience. Some disadvantages of this is it may take time for business to respond, and their may be a lack of real time.              interaction. customers use to communicate feedback to a business are live chats. Some advantages of this is that customers can receive immediate assistance and provide real time feedback, enhancing the customer experience. Some disadvantages of this is technical issues or delays may frustrate customers, and therefore limitations on the length

In reply to First post

by Khya Baldwin -
Social Media

Advantages: Offers a public platform for feedback, provides the opportunity for businesses to respond publicly, and allows for quick sharing of experiences.

Disadvantages: Feedback can be unfiltered and may include negative or inappropriate comments, and it can be challenging for businesses to monitor and respond to all feedback.
In reply to First post

by bright uka -
1. live chat: a customer can receive immediate assistance

2. email, mobile devices, live chat and call center
In reply to First post

by Amr Hanafy Abd Elmaged Saleh Abu-zeid -
-live chats
The advantages of this method are getting help immediately and expressing your comments... but the disadvantages of this method are the delay in responding, transferring the call to another person, and waiting a long time.
In reply to First post

by Lucky Okogun -
Customers use emails, short message services and social media handles to communicate their feedback to a business.
For email, the advantage is that it is easy to draft but customers can get delayed responses especially when they need urgent replies.
SMS cost a bit and don't usually contain large volumes of messages but they can be very effective for sending quick feedbacks.
CRM strategies are important to a business because it provides the framework for them to be able to scale by simply improving on what their customers want so as not to lose them. It is actually harder getting a customer compared to keeping them.
In reply to First post

by Ambrasha Mask -

Customers have several electronic options to communicate feedback to a business, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages:  

1. Email: 

Advantages: Widely used and accessible. Allows for detailed feedback with attachments. Provides a written record of communication. 

Disadvantages: Response time may vary. Feedback may get lost in overflowing inboxes. Limited to text-based communication. 

2. Online Forms/Surveys: 

Advantages: Structured format for collecting feedback. Can be tailored to specific questions. Allows for easy aggregation and analysis of responses. 

Disadvantages: Customers may find them time-consuming. Limited ability to capture nuanced feedback. May not be suitable for all types of feedback. 

3. Social Media: 

Advantages: Provides a public platform for feedback. Facilitates quick interaction and response. Allows for sharing feedback with a wider audience. 

Disadvantages: Feedback can be mixed with unrelated content. Negative feedback can escalate quickly. Requires active monitoring and management. 

4. Live Chat: 

Advantages: Offers real-time interaction with customers. Provides an opportunity for immediate problem resolution. Can enhance customer satisfaction with quick responses. 

Disadvantages: Limited availability based on business hours. May not be suitable for complex issues. Requires staffing and resources for monitoring. 

5. Feedback Apps/Platforms: 

Advantages: Dedicated platforms for collecting and managing feedback. Can include features like ratings, reviews, and comments. Allows for tracking feedback trends over time. 

Disadvantages: Customers may need to download/install additional software. Requires active promotion and engagement to gather feedback. Integration with other systems may be needed for full functionality. 

6. Text Messaging (SMS): 

Advantages: Offers a direct and immediate communication channel. Can be personalized and targeted. Higher open and response rates compared to email. 

Disadvantages: Limited to short messages. Requires obtaining customers' contact information. Potential for message fatigue or annoyance if overused. 

Companies should use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategies and tools because they are essential for fostering strong relationships with customers and improving overall business performance. Here are some reasons why CRM is crucial: 

1. Centralized Customer Data: CRM tools allow businesses to store and organize customer data in a centralized database. This enables employees to access comprehensive information about customers, their preferences, purchase history, interactions, and more. Having a 360-degree view of customers helps in personalizing interactions and providing better service. 

2. Improved Customer Service: CRM systems streamline customer service processes by enabling faster response times, effective issue resolution, and personalized support. With access to customer information, representatives can address inquiries more efficiently and tailor solutions to individual needs, leading to higher customer satisfaction levels. 

3. Targeted Marketing and Sales: CRM platforms provide insights into customer behavior and preferences, allowing businesses to create targeted marketing campaigns and sales strategies. By segmenting customers based on demographics, purchase history, or engagement levels, companies can deliver relevant offers and promotions, increasing the likelihood of conversion. 

4. Enhanced Collaboration: CRM tools facilitate communication and collaboration among different departments within an organization. Sales teams can share leads with marketing, customer service can escalate issues to technical support, and management can track performance metrics—all within a unified system. This leads to improved efficiency and alignment across the organization.  

5. Data Analysis and Forecasting: CRM systems offer reporting and analytics capabilities that enable businesses to track key metrics, identify trends, and forecast future performance. By analyzing customer data, companies can make data-driven decisions, optimize processes, and anticipate market demands, thereby staying ahead of competitors. 

CRM can have a significant impact on the customer experience in various ways: 

1. Personalization: CRM enables businesses to personalize interactions with customers by understanding their preferences, purchase history, and behavior. This leads to tailored recommendations, targeted offers, and customized communication, enhancing the overall customer experience. 

2. Consistency: CRM ensures consistency in customer interactions across multiple channels and touchpoints. Whether a customer interacts with a company through email, phone, social media, or in-person, CRM helps maintain a unified experience by providing representatives with relevant information and context. 

3. Proactive Support: With CRM, businesses can anticipate customer needs and proactively address issues before they arise. By analyzing data and tracking customer behavior, companies can identify potential pain points and take preemptive actions to resolve them, thereby improving satisfaction and loyalty. 

4. Efficiency: CRM streamlines processes and eliminates redundancies, making it easier for employees to serve customers effectively. By providing quick access to information and automating routine tasks, CRM enables representatives to focus on delivering value-added services and building stronger relationships with customers. 

I am a firm believer in providing feedback. So as for providing positive feedback to companies or customer service representatives, yes, I have done so on several occasions. One memorable instance was when I received exceptional service at a local restaurant. After enjoying a delightful meal and receiving attentive and friendly service from the staff, I took a few minutes to speak with the manager and express my appreciation for the outstanding experience. Additionally, I left a positive review on the restaurant's website and shared my feedback on social media platforms, highlighting the excellent service and delicious food. This direct communication and public acknowledgment of their efforts served as a form of positive reinforcement for the staff and management, reinforcing their commitment to delivering exceptional customer experiences. 

In reply to First post

by Soukaina Farhoun -
Customers often utilize electronic options such as email, online forms, and social media to communicate feedback to businesses. Email allows for detailed messages but may not receive immediate responses. Online forms offer convenience but lack personal interaction. Social media enables quick communication but can lead to public scrutiny. Companies should use CRM strategies and tools to manage customer relationships effectively, improving customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention. CRM can impact the customer experience by personalizing interactions, anticipating needs, and resolving issues efficiently. While many customers tend to contact companies with complaints, I have provided positive feedback via email to a customer service representative, praising their prompt assistance and professionalism in resolving an issue with a product.
In reply to First post

by Virginia Michael -
1. Customers can communicate feedback to a business using the following options: Emails, Mobile Devices, call centers, and Instant messaging (Live chat).

Advantage of Emails: Customer can forward their complaint, make enquiries and provide feedback through emails. Also customer can attach supporting document via mail.

Disadvantage of Emails: There may be delay in responding to customer due to many customer on queue.

Mobile phones: Provide a medium through which businesses can market their products/services in various forms. Customers can access social media apps on their mobile devices and directly message a business account.

Call centers: With the use of V.O.I.P, a business can establish its call center in developing countries for lower costs. The disadvantage is exposure to external factors such as bad weather or power outages that can delay the customer service process, resulting in frustrated or unsatisfied customers.

Instant messaging (Live chat): The advantage of Live chat is that customer can receive quick response to their enquires and complaint and the disadvantage is that customer may not be able to attach supporting document that can aid prompt resolution to their complaint.

2. Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because it makes business processes operate with efficiency.
CRM strategies can be applied to marketing, customer satisfaction, and customer retention.
CRM tools can be used to track customer activity, automate some processes, and provide insight into the targeted effort to maximize resources. All of these are stored in a centralized place for easy access to relevant personnel.

3. In my experience, I have provided feedback to a company after using their self service. The survey was a simple web option I clicked on to rate the Self service.
In reply to First post

by amy nunez -
1. Some electronic options customers have to communicate or give feedback to a company would be Instagram, Facebook, Google reviews, Gmail, and much more! Some advantages this may have are finding out more detailed information about the company and the work they do. You can check their social media for photos, work done, and what they do. As a customer, you can leave a review of the work that was done. A disadvantage would probably be getting a response late or having technical difficulties with your device or internet. A customer might not want to talk to a chat robot, but a human being that can be more empathic and understanding.
2. Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because the main goal is to identify customer problems, provide solutions, and focusing on maintaining relationships with the customers. This also helps the company know more about the customer and their needs and wants without having to ask them all these questions in person.
3. Some ways CRM can impact the customers experience will be faster service and faster solutions to the problem.
In reply to First post

by Stephen Obiri-Ibe -
Some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business, with advantages and disadvantages include

Email: The advantage is that it ensures a written record of communication. The disadvantage is that the customer may not always get a swift response.

Live chat: The advantage is that it enhances customer satisfaction with quick responses since they get to have real-time interaction. The disadvantage is that they customer may not get swift responses on weekends or after business hours.

Social media: The advantage is that it is a platform that almost everyone uses. So, good feedback from a customer can be shared with a wider audience and further promote the business. The disadvantage is that negative feedback can also be shared with a wider audience and spoil the image of the business.

The use of CRM strategies and tools are very important, and companies should use them because they make the business operate with a higher efficiency. They can be used for targeted marketing and sales purposes, improving customer satisfaction, retaining customers, and data analysis. With CRM tools, customer activity can be tracked, some processes can be automated, and all the data are stored in a centralized place for easy access to relevant personnel.

Some ways in which CRM can impact customer experience included personalization which exposes the customer to perfectly curated ads and targeted offers based on their preference, purchase history and behavior. Another one is efficient customer support which helps improve customer satisfaction and build stronger relationships with customers.

I have provided feedback to a business I bought stuff from. I told them how delighted I was with their service and the way I method I used to provide this feedback was by rating them and leaving a review.
In reply to First post

by MARY EFEH -

1: Electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business are: Email,and call centers.

Emails can be automated to keep customers informed of progress of a transaction whether it is shipping goods bought online or of the progress of an insurance claim. Disadvantage is that it may take a longer time for business or organization to respond to a customer’s mail. 

Call centers using similar technology,phone calls can be routed to call centers in any location around the globe. Disadvantage is when there’s a bad weather,or bad signal and that can delay the customer service process, resulting to a frustrated customer or unsatisfied customer. 

2: Companies should strategically approach CRM in line with the business objectives of a company 

Companies should collaborate CRM to a process that combines customer data across the facet of a company. 

Companies should use CRM sales-force automation to manage sales cycles and collect customers sales data. 

3: Maintaining a good customer relationship management is critical to the success of a business 

CRM can impact the customer’s experience by making customers happy fosters positive word of mouth 

CRM can impact customer’s experience by understanding the value of a customer relationship to a business 

4:  I have provided feedback to a company for an online purchase and the method I used to post the online review for the product was an option I clicked on to rate the product and add a public review.

In reply to First post

by Shiela Maree Pino -
1. **Electronic Options for Customer Feedback**:
- Email: Advantages include ease of use, documented communication, and the ability to provide detailed feedback. Disadvantages may include delays in response time and potential for messages to get lost in overflowing inboxes.
- Online Surveys: Advantages include scalability, anonymity for customers, and the ability to gather quantitative data. Disadvantages may include low response rates and limited qualitative insights.
- Social Media: Advantages include wide reach, real-time interaction, and the potential for viral feedback. Disadvantages may include lack of privacy, negative comments going viral, and difficulty in managing multiple platforms.

2. **Use of CRM Strategies and Tools**:
Companies should use CRM (Customer Relationship Management) strategies and tools to enhance customer satisfaction, streamline processes, and drive business growth. CRM systems allow businesses to track customer interactions, analyze data to understand customer behavior, personalize marketing efforts, and improve overall customer service.

3. **Impact of CRM on Customer Experience**:
- Personalized Interactions: CRM enables companies to tailor interactions based on customer preferences and history, leading to a more personalized and satisfying experience.
- Seamless Communication: CRM systems centralize customer data, allowing for seamless communication across multiple touchpoints, leading to improved response times and consistency.
- Proactive Customer Service: With CRM, companies can anticipate customer needs and resolve issues before they escalate, enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty.

4. **Providing Positive Feedback to Companies**:
Yes, I have provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative. For example, I once had an exceptional experience with an airline customer service representative who went above and beyond to resolve a flight issue promptly and courteously. I provided positive feedback by sending an email to the airline's customer service department, praising the representative for their outstanding service and professionalism.
In reply to First post

by Oyedoyin Oladapo -
Some customers use emails, or call help lines, live chats l
Advantages of this is that customers can provide detailed feedback, attach supporting documents, and communicate at their own inconvenience. Some disadvantages of this is it may take time for business to respond, and their may be a lack misunderstanding while responding to the email. Customers use to communicate feedback to a business on live chats. One advantage of this is that customers can receive immediate assistance and provide real time feedback, enhancing the customer experience. Some disadvantages of this is technical issues or delays may frustrate customers, and therefore limitations on the length

The reasons company should use CRM is that it will help them to attend to customer complain and do the needful to solve their issues. However, it will help the company to retain customer and have good customer relationship and progress will be recorded on daily basis.

Ways companies can impact customer experience are not far fetch.
First, paying attention to customers complain and ready to solve the issues Instantly by send forward it to the right appropriate person if the person in charge cannot solve the issues.
Second, Considering of customer complain and effect on overall activities so that there will be no complaints about from any customers.

Any customers complain should be forwarded to all the department involved in order to make good improvements.
In reply to First post

by Bayode Yejide Oluwafunmilola -
1. Electronic Ways to Get Customer Feedback:
- Email: Pros include it being easy to use, keeps records, and allows for detailed feedback. Cons are slow responses and emails getting lost in busy inboxes.
- Online Surveys: Pros are that they can handle many responses, keep customer identities private, and collect a lot of data. Cons are that few people may respond and it provides limited in-depth feedback.
- Social Media: Pros include reaching a large audience, interacting instantly, and feedback can spread widely. Cons are privacy concerns, the risk of negative feedback spreading, and managing different platforms can be hard.

2. Using CRM Strategies and Tools:
Companies should use CRM (Customer Relationship Management) strategies and tools to improve customer satisfaction, make processes more efficient, and help their business grow. CRM systems help businesses keep track of customer interactions, analyze data to better understand customer habits, target marketing more effectively, and enhance customer service.

3. How CRM Affects Customer Experience:
- Personalized Interaction: CRM helps companies customize their interactions based on what they know about a customer's preferences and past behavior, making experiences more personally relevant and enjoyable.
- Seamless Communication: CRM systems gather all customer info in one place, making it easier to communicate consistently across different service points and improve response times.
- Proactive Customer Service: CRM allows companies to anticipate customer needs and solve problems before they become bigger issues, improving customer happiness and loyalty.

4. Giving Positive Feedback to Companies:
Yes, I have given positive feedback to a company or customer service representative before. For instance, after a customer service representative from an airline quickly and kindly fixed an issue with my flight, I emailed the airline to compliment the rep's excellent service and professionalism.
In reply to First post

by Nkalle Peter -
The electronic options customers used to communicate feedback back are; Social media platforms e.g Internet and Telephone.The advantage for these platforms are;they help easy and fast means of communication and sending messages.The disadvantage of these platforms are;it may cause a break down of connection that may lead to delay of transaction.

Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because it will help in the enhancement and development of the services.

Customer relationship management CRM can impact the customer experience in various ways;1)the interaction towards customers can help to enhance his experience.2) availability with customers sound a great match experience.

Yes,I have provide a company feedback base on work schedule pointing out the discrepancy,work engagement,and making sure correctly,adjusting and satisfying.Also point is the customer feedback and adjustments.
In reply to First post

by Shaqiel VANREENEN -
. Customers can communicate feedback to a business using the following options: Emails, Mobile Devices, call centers, and Instant messaging (Live chat).

The advantages and/or disadvantages of each option:

Emails: Enable customers to stay updated on the progress of transactions. Complaints and inquiries can also be made via email. The recorded data from emails can help a business refine its CRM.
Mobile phones/Devices: Provide a medium through which businesses can market their products/services in various forms. Customers can access social media apps on their mobile devices and directly message a business account.
Call centers: With the use of V.O.I.P., a business can establish its call center in developing countries for lower costs. One disadvantage is the difference in culture or language between the call center representatives and the customer inquiring. Another disadvantage is exposure to external factors such as bad weather or power outages that can delay the customer service process, resulting in frustrated or unsatisfied customers.
Instant messaging: This can be applied via mobile devices on apps and websites. It provides a quick way for customers to inquire about any relevant issue.
CRM strategies can be applied to marketing, customer satisfaction, and customer retention.
CRM tools can be used to track customer activity, automate some processes, and provide insight into the targeted effort to maximize resources. All of these are stored in a centralized place for easy access to relevant personnel.
3. Due to the use of CRM, customers are exposed to a large volume of accurately catered ads. This application of CRM has resulted in privacy concerns for customers because of the way the data used for ads is tracked. It has also led to customers developing ad blindness to the excessive amount of ads (sponsored or organic).

4. In my experience, I have provided feedback to a company for an online course. The method I used to post the online review for the course was a simple web option I clicked on to rate the course and add a public review.
In reply to First post

by Abdon Le Roy Nkada -

Customer can communicate feedback to business through :

- Email

- Call center

- Mobile device

- Intant messages.

Emails are more spaceful to express oneself, download files but are its interactions are delayed.

Call center is triggered by internet, low cost, and enable customers to complain rapidly, Ask for informations, order and provide business with a great range of useful data. But its challenges are cultural differencies and language difference betwen callers and called-customers; weahter conditions that can lead to customer frustrations.

Mobile devices enable customers to access businesses by phone callings or through social media, using internet. Such interactions are more personalized and faster. But are not recorded and share accross the whole organization.

Isntant messages foster complex online transactions, provide more exlpanations to customers from the company and such customized assistance contribute to built trustful relations betwen sellers and customers.

Companies use CRM technologies for their centralized information possibility, the streamline customized expérience offered to the customer, data storage that can enable customer predictable behaviors.