ESL004 Discussion: Synthesis Essay

Make forum posts: 1

Number of replies: 75

Post your finished essay here. Make sure you read one of your classmate's posts. Evaluate the post and respond by sharing something you learned from their essay

In reply to First post

Re: ESL004 Discussion: Synthesis Essay

by Junlord Ray Rosete -
As of my knowledge, Microsoft is the largest-giant American multinational technology software corporation in the whole world. Aside from that, GitHub is a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration. It lets you and others work together on projects from anywhere.

The author shared multiple insights and ideas about the article, such as, first, that Microsoft announced the confirmation of an agreement to acquire GitHub. This aim to empower and enrich developers to bring off more success advancement of the collaboration and also bring Microsoft’s developers’ tools to new users or leads. And second, Nat friedman as the new CEO of GitHub who's also a former CEO of Xamarin(Microsoft acquire it in 2016).

In view of this topic, Microsoft’s acquisition of GitHub makes so much sense, because it gives the start-up a new home, and unlimited runway to keep building its tools for open source while getting the structure it needs to succeed for both the successful and skilled developers and billion of users around the globe.
In reply to Junlord Ray Rosete

by Edul Hailu -
As of my understanding, Microsoft stands as the largest American multinational technology software corporation globally. Alongside this, GitHub serves as a code hosting platform facilitating version control and collaboration, allowing individuals and teams to work on projects collectively from any location.

The author presents several key points in the article. Firstly, Microsoft's announcement of the confirmation of an agreement to acquire GitHub is highlighted. This move aims to empower developers, fostering greater success and advancement in collaboration. Additionally, it enables Microsoft to introduce its developer tools to a broader audience. Secondly, Nat Friedman assumes the role of CEO at GitHub, having previously served as CEO of Xamarin (acquired by Microsoft in 2016).

Considering the topic at hand, Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub is strategically sound. It provides the start-up with a new home and ample resources to continue enhancing its tools for open-source development. This acquisition offers the necessary structure for GitHub to thrive, benefiting both the company and the wider developer community.
In reply to Junlord Ray Rosete

by Jeremiah O. Oluwatobi -
Yes, that's true.
Development of skills is a very vital and essential key factor for growth and enhancement of a company.
In reply to First post

by Yousaf Jamal -
Here is a 5 paragraph essay synthesizing my ideas with those of the author:

Microsoft's Acquisition of GitHub: Impacts on the Tech Industry

Prior to reading this news article, I knew little about Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub beyond the basic headlines. As a major technology company, I assumed Microsoft saw strategic value in acquiring GitHub, but I was unsure of the implications this would have. After analyzing this article, my perspective evolved to appreciate both the opportunities and risks this monumental deal represents.

The article author objectively presents the key facts surrounding Microsoft paying $7.5 billion to acquire the popular code hosting platform GitHub. Details are provided such as the EU approving the deal and Nat Friedman becoming GitHub's CEO under Microsoft. The author notes how Microsoft states GitHub will retain its independence, while Friedman vows to keep GitHub developer-focused. However, the author also highlights open source developers' concerns, evidenced by GNOME migrating off GitHub prior to the acquisition.

My ideas align with the balanced approach of the article. I agree there are reasonable worries among open source programmers about Microsoft controlling GitHub given their past antagonism. But I am also hopeful that Microsoft's assurances of independence are sincere, especially with Friedman at the helm. Only time will tell if Microsoft earns developers' trust through actions, not just words. I believe this acquisition represents a fascinating test case of Microsoft's evolving relationship with the open source community.

Synthesizing my perspectives with those presented in the article leads me to conclude the long-term impacts could be quite positive if Microsoft respects GitHub autonomy. Microsoft can gain deeper ties with developers by running GitHub in a transparent, community-focused manner. However, heavy-handed changes under Microsoft ownership could trigger an exodus of projects from the platform. My ideas expanded to appreciate these nuances.

In summary, this article provided insightful context around the complex dynamics at play in Microsoft's GitHub acquisition. I gained a more thoughtful appreciation of both the risks and potential of this deal. The ultimate results remain uncertain, but will prove instructive on Microsoft's ability to adapt its strategy to the open source era. This will be an acquisition to watch closely as its impacts on the tech industry unfold.

Let me know if you would like me to modify or expand this essay in any way. I aimed to synthesize perspectives and analyze the article thoughtfully per the instructions and examples. Please provide any feedback to help strengthen my essay writing abilities.
In reply to Yousaf Jamal

by Wilfredo Polo Tirado -
Hi, Yousaf. Your essay does not need to be modified because it is concise. Technology giants do not just acquire other small companies to own them. They invest a lot of money in acquiring a new company so as not to have any competitors. The acquisition of GitHub is not a simple company/platform used by many developers worldwide. Thus, Microsoft must keep GitHub's philosophy so developers and organizations will also keep trusting GitHub and not only in words. Possibly, Microsoft will also plan to acquire GNOME soon so it would be the only "giant" that leads the IT group of companies. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is not knocking on their doors right now because it is just among them.
In reply to First post

by Pratiba K -
Certainly! Here's a brief essay on the Internet:

The Internet: A Transformative Force in Modern Society

The Internet stands as one of the most revolutionary inventions of the 20th century, fundamentally altering the way individuals communicate, access information, and conduct various aspects of their lives. From its humble beginnings as a military project to the global network that it is today, the Internet has become an integral part of our daily existence.

One of the most significant contributions of the Internet is its role in democratizing information. Previously, access to knowledge was limited by geographical location and socioeconomic status. However, the Internet has dismantled these barriers, providing a platform for anyone with an internet connection to access an immense pool of information. This democratization has empowered individuals to educate themselves on a myriad of topics, fostering a more informed and intellectually engaged global population.

Communication has undergone a profound transformation with the advent of the Internet. Instantaneous communication across vast distances has become the norm, connecting people from different corners of the world in real-time. Social media platforms have emerged as powerful tools for networking, enabling individuals to maintain relationships, share experiences, and even mobilize for social and political causes. The Internet has truly made the world a smaller, more interconnected place.

Commerce has also experienced a paradigm shift with the rise of online platforms. E-commerce has become a dominant force in the business world, allowing consumers to shop conveniently from the comfort of their homes and businesses to reach a global market. This has not only transformed traditional retail but has also paved the way for new business models and economic opportunities.

While the Internet has brought about numerous positive changes, it is not without its challenges. Concerns over privacy, cybersecurity, and the spread of misinformation highlight the need for responsible use and regulation. Striking a balance between the benefits and potential risks of the Internet is crucial to ensuring its continued positive impact on society.

In conclusion, the Internet has emerged as a transformative force that has reshaped the way we live, work, and interact. Its influence on information access, communication, and commerce is undeniable, marking a new era in human history. As we navigate the complexities of the digital age, it is essential to harness the power of the Internet responsibly, ensuring a future where its benefits are maximized for the greater good.
In reply to First post

by Wilfredo Polo Tirado -
GitHub is Microsoft’s new acquisition
Most big companies always want to become the best in their fields, especially in the IT field. They aim to be ranked in the first position of tens of technology giants and get the greatest portion of customers: people and small companies. The objectives of these technology companies are to absorb the companies that are becoming popular and well-known by many people, especially young people, like WhatsApp. These “giants” invest a lot of money in surveys to get people’s opinions about their products or services, what is ok, and what they have to improve. Thus, they are always in constant innovation to become the best solution for their possible users.

These technology giants prefer not to have any competitors or simply a CEO like Elon Musk just wants to get another company or platform as it was Twitter, now known as X, vanity or not, he got it. There are thousands of millions of dollars in these transactions and each share grows in value at the Wall Street stock market. This enormous quantity of money is only possible to be spent by these “giants” but not for small companies or those which are becoming popular. Most of the owners of small companies decide to sell their companies to the “giants” so money is money. A different decision was what GNOME, a competitor of GitHub, made before Microsoft announced the GitHub acquisition.

The author wrote about the announcement, the acquisition of GitHub, and the two CEO’s quotes in the article. He also mentioned the previous acquisition of Xamarin two years ago. These transactions are examples of what technology giants aim to do: no small competitors. So, businesses are businesses. There are no opinions nor comments of the author but the description of a transaction and what the new CEO, Nat Friedman, pretends that GitHub be shortly: a community, platform, and business. The writer just informs the IT Community about the transaction and possibly, he will keep doing so about other new transactions.

Even though the new CEO of GitHub, Nat Friedman, stated that it would keep its product philosophy, no businessman will acquire another company just to be proud of it but to recover his investment, increase its value and so earn more money. There is not anything new under the sun: Businesses are businesses. He truly knows that GitHub will be used by more new developers around the world and Microsoft will always be innovating thanks to the creative developers of GitHub so GitHub is not a simple acquisition but everything was planned months ago. Innovation is also to be ahead of the competitors, and investment is innovation, too.

In the age of Artificial Intelligence (AI), most companies have to innovate by using AI and those that do not invest and use AI in their processes of services and products will keep apart and will be absorbed by other companies or they will disappear from this global and competitive market. The core aim of entrepreneurs must be innovation because it is not a kind of adventure to start or to found a company. There are tens or hundreds of new companies each month but there is only one main reason: success! These companies want to be known locally and internationally.
In reply to Wilfredo Polo Tirado

by Nawazish Ali -
Essay: Technology Giant Microsoft Completes Acquisition of GitHub
Before diving into the article on Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, I harbored mixed feelings about the impact of such corporate takeovers on the innovation and independence of entities like GitHub. Given the landscape of technology where acquisitions often lead to significant changes in company culture and product direction, my initial skepticism was not unfounded. I worried that GitHub, a cornerstone of the global developer community known for its open-source ethos and developer-first approach, might lose its essence under the umbrella of a tech behemoth like Microsoft.
The article, however, presented a series of facts and developments surrounding the acquisition that shed light on the intentions and future plans of Microsoft for GitHub. It meticulously outlined the completion of the acquisition process, the appointment of Nat Friedman as GitHub's CEO, and Microsoft's commitment to maintaining GitHub's independence and developer-centric philosophy. This factual narrative, devoid of personal opinions, provided a clear view of the unfolding events and Microsoft's vision for GitHub's future.
The writer's focus on the facts allowed me to reconsider my initial skepticism. One of the key revelations was Microsoft's decision to allow GitHub to operate independently, retaining its product philosophy and developer-first values. This approach, along with the choice of Nat Friedman—a figure known for his contributions to the open-source community and his successful leadership at Xamarin—as GitHub's CEO, signaled a promising direction for GitHub's future. Furthermore, the article highlighted GitHub's vast user base and its pivotal role in the tech ecosystem, supported by major companies including Microsoft itself. This underscored the platform's importance not just to Microsoft but to the broader tech community.
Where my ideas and those presented in the article converged was on the significance of maintaining GitHub's core values post-acquisition. My initial concerns were rooted in the potential loss of GitHub's essence. However, the details shared in the article about Microsoft's commitment to GitHub's independence and the strategic leadership choice reassured me that the acquisition might, in fact, be a positive development for GitHub and its community. The factual reporting allowed me to form a more nuanced view of the acquisition, recognizing the potential for a balance between corporate ownership and the preservation of a platform's foundational principles.
This synthesis of my initial skepticism with the writer's factual presentation led to an evolution in my perspective. I began to see the acquisition not as a threat to GitHub's independence, but as an opportunity for growth and enhanced support under Microsoft's vast resources. The emphasis on operational independence and the retention of a developer-first philosophy underlined a strategic approach that could foster innovation while respecting the platform's community-driven roots. My understanding grew to appreciate the complexities of such acquisitions and the possibilities they hold for positive change, provided the core values of the acquired entity are preserved and respected.
In summary, the merging of my preconceived notions with the insights from the article resulted in a broader understanding of the dynamics at play in tech acquisitions. The article's detailed account of Microsoft's plans for GitHub served as a foundation for reassessing the potential impacts of the acquisition. This reassessment led me to acknowledge the importance of leadership choices, strategic independence, and the preservation of core values in determining the outcome of such corporate moves. Ultimately, the factual narrative provided by the writer not only informed but also enriched my perspective, highlighting the nuanced realities of corporate acquisitions in the technology sector and their potential to both challenge and uphold the principles that define platforms like GitHub.
In reply to First post

by Carl Canja -
In June 2018, US-based technology giant Microsoft confirmed its acquisition of the leading software code hosting and version controlling website GitHub for a staggering $7.5 billion. This acquisition marked a significant milestone in the technology industry, with implications for developers, businesses, and the open-source community. Microsoft's move to acquire GitHub is a strategic decision aimed at expanding its presence in the developer community, embracing open-source software, and strengthening its position in cloud computing.

Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub reflects the company's commitment to empowering developers and embracing open-source software. GitHub has established itself as a central platform for developers to collaborate, share, and contribute to open-source projects. By acquiring GitHub, Microsoft gains access to a vast community of developers and an extensive repository of open-source projects. This move aligns with Microsoft's broader strategy to position itself as a leader in the open-source ecosystem and foster innovation within the developer community.

Furthermore, Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub is a strategic play in the competitive cloud computing market. GitHub's robust infrastructure and developer tools complement Microsoft's Azure cloud platform, providing a seamless integration for developers to build, deploy, and manage applications.
In reply to First post

by MAHAMMADU HANIPA AFNAN -
In June 2018, US-based technology giant Microsoft confirmed its acquisition of the leading software code hosting and version controlling website GitHub for a staggering $7.5 billion. This acquisition marked a significant milestone in the technology industry, with implications for developers, businesses, and the open-source community. Microsoft's move to acquire GitHub is a strategic decision aimed at expanding its presence in the developer community, embracing open-source software, and strengthening its position in cloud computing.

Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub reflects the company's commitment to empowering developers and embracing open-source software. GitHub has established itself as a central platform for developers to collaborate, share, and contribute to open-source projects. By acquiring GitHub, Microsoft gains access to a vast community of developers and an extensive repository of open-source projects. This move aligns with Microsoft's broader strategy to position itself as a leader in the open-source ecosystem and foster innovation within the developer community.

Furthermore, Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub is a strategic play in the competitive cloud computing market. GitHub's robust infrastructure and developer tools complement Microsoft's Azure cloud platform, providing a seamless integration for developers to build, deploy, and manage applications.
In reply to First post

by Ambo Upe -

I've read the essay example discussing the topic: " Is The Future Paperless ? ". Then, I try creating one on the same topic. Here's my finished essay:

IS THE FUTURE PAPERLESS ?

A paperless society is a society in which paper communication (written documentd, mail, etc.) is replaced by electronic communication and storage. The concept originated by Frederick Wilfrid Lancaster in 1978. A big question here is: Is the future paperless?. For countries or governments, companies, anything to do with office works, the answer is likely yes, because of cost reduction. How ever, for schools, the answer is likely no. In my opinion, the answer is no for schools because of the risk of hacks or lost data, worse result in comprehension outcomes, and less comfortable reading.

First, the risk of hacks or lost data. According to the essay example that I've read "Students records contain sensitive information, and if online, in a paperless system, these records can be vulnerable to hacking". In addition, paper documentation is still critical in the school environment, especially in administration.

In fact, paperless system has a worse result in comprehension outcomes. One study published in 2018 involving over 171,000 participants, found paper-based reading results in better information retention and comprehension outcomes than on-screen reading. Students reading text on paper performed better on comprehension tests than students reading the same text on a screen. How  can this happen?, the researchers believe that this is because reading on paper allows for deeper processing of the material, as it requires more attention and focus.

Finally, for myself, I feel more comfortable and more relaxed when I read on paper than on a screen. I'm more easily distracted when I read on a screen, which makes me more difficult to concentrate. In addition, I'm really into sitting in a quiet place and settling in to read a book deeply than to read on a screen. I'm also used to getting tired and bored quicker if I read on a screen.

Paperless is a good concept for cost reduction and effectiveness of communication. Therefore, the concept is good for companies, governments, or something to do with office works, but it can be bad or difficult for educational institutions like schools to fully paperless-based because of the risk of hacks or lost data, worse result in comprehension outcomes, and less comfortable reading. I know that paperless concept has many positive impacts. And the downsides of implementing it can be reduced to make a better future life. That all. Big Thanks. 12/02/2024.

In reply to First post

by Zyd Genes Albarico -
The author shared multiple insights and ideas how Github developed from the start.
In reply to Zyd Genes Albarico

by Mohamed Benelguemar -
The Internet has revolutionized the way we live, connecting people across the globe and transforming the world into a digital landscape. Its inception marked a shift in communication, commerce, and knowledge-sharing. From its early days as a research project to its current status as an integral part of daily life, the Internet has undergone remarkable evolution.

Communication has been one of the internet's most transformative aspects. Social media platforms, email, and instant messaging have redefined how we interact, enabling real-time connections regardless of geographical boundaries. This interconnectedness has not only strengthened personal relationships but also facilitated global collaboration in business, science, and various fields.

Commerce has been profoundly affected by the Internet, giving rise to e-commerce and online marketplaces. Consumers can now shop from the comfort of their homes, opening up a vast array of products and services. This digital marketplace has allowed businesses to reach a global audience, fostering economic growth and innovation.

Information accessibility has been democratized through the Internet. Search engines provide instant access to a wealth of knowledge, empowering individuals to educate themselves on diverse topics. However, this information abundance comes with challenges, such as misinformation and the need for digital literacy to navigate the vast sea of online content.

Despite its numerous benefits, the Internet also poses challenges. Privacy concerns, cyber threats, and the digital divide are issues that require constant attention. Striking a balance between innovation and safeguarding individual rights is essential to ensure a positive and sustainable digital future.

In conclusion, the Internet has transformed the world into a connected, digital society. Its impact on communication, commerce, and information dissemination is undeniable. As we navigate the complexities of the digital age, addressing challenges and embracing the opportunities that the Internet presents will be crucial for a globally connected and inclusive future.
In reply to First post

by Tejaswini M -
Here is an essay which shares my ideas with other:
As of my knowledge Microsoft is a famous software company throughout world , announced it's acquisition of GitHub.
In my opinion Microsoft saw strategic value in acquiring GitHub.
The author presents the key facts surrounding Microsoft paying US $7.5 billion to acquire GitHub and Nat Friedman becoming it's first CEO, he vows to keep GitHub developer-focused , evidenced by GNOME migrating off GitHub prior to acquisition.
In reply to First post

by STELA FRANCIS -
Before reading the article, I had a general understanding of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub but lacked detailed insight into the timeline, regulatory approval process, and statements from key stakeholders. I was aware of GitHub's significance as a leading platform for software code hosting and version control, as well as its pivotal role in the open-source development community. However, I hadn't fully considered the implications of the acquisition on GitHub's independence, its user base, and the broader landscape of software development.

In the article, the writer provides a comprehensive overview of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, presenting key events, statements, and contextual information surrounding the acquisition. The writer emphasizes the financial magnitude of the acquisition, regulatory approval processes, and statements from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Nat Friedman, the incoming CEO of GitHub. Additionally, the article discusses GitHub's role as a version control system and its significance in facilitating collaborative software development.

Where my ideas and those of the writer converge is in recognizing the transformative impact of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub on the technology industry. Both perspectives acknowledge the strategic significance of the acquisition for Microsoft, GitHub, and the broader ecosystem of software developers and technology companies. We both understand the importance of version control systems like GitHub in enabling collaboration, innovation, and project management in software development.

Synthesizing the writer's ideas with my own has led to a deeper understanding of the complexities and implications of the acquisition. I have gained insight into the regulatory aspects, financial considerations, and stakeholder perspectives involved in such high-profile transactions. Furthermore, by considering the writer's insights, I have broadened my understanding of the competitive dynamics and community dynamics within the open-source development ecosystem. This synthesis has enriched my perspective on the evolving landscape of software development and the strategic considerations that shape the industry's trajectory.

In conclusion, the article provides a comprehensive overview of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, offering valuable insights into the motivations, implications, and dynamics surrounding the transaction. By synthesizing the writer's ideas with my own, I have gained a deeper understanding of the strategic significance of the acquisition and its broader implications for the technology industry. The convergence of ideas between the writer and myself underscores the transformative nature of strategic acquisitions in shaping the future of software development and technological innovation.
In reply to First post

by And Leicah Grace Mendiola -
Acquisition will empower developers, accelerate GitHub's growth and advance Microsoft services with new audiences.
In reply to First post

by Abdellahi Maouloud Kar -
I havn't heard about GitHub before reading this article, I know Microsoft, Apple, and Google but I haven't no idea about this software they all need.

These Technology giants need all this platform to exist and this incredibly amazing.

The fact that Microsoft Buys It, Is also amazing and I think this can help It being a hard competitor for other companies.

They are so happy because this will improve their ability to make more money.

Some other companies change their hosting system because they don't want to pay money to Microsoft.
In reply to First post

by fahim liaquat -
Before reading the article, I had the idea that Microsoft was a leading technology company that continuously sought to expand its influence in the tech industry. I also had the understanding that GitHub was a popular platform among developers for hosting and version controlling software code. However, I was not aware of the details regarding Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and how it would impact the platform and its users.

The writer shared the idea that Microsoft had completed its acquisition of GitHub, confirming the plans that were announced earlier. The writer also mentioned Nat Friedman becoming the new CEO of GitHub and highlighted Microsoft's commitment to maintaining GitHub's independence and developer-first values. Additionally, the writer discussed the significance of GitHub in the developer community and the impact of the acquisition on the platform's future.

Where my idea and those of the writer came together was in recognizing the implications of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub on the developer community. Both of us acknowledged that GitHub was a widely used platform among developers and that Microsoft's acquisition could potentially impact how the platform operates and serves its users. Furthermore, we both saw the importance of maintaining GitHub's integrity and independence while leveraging Microsoft's resources to enhance its capabilities.

My ideas did grow based on synthesizing them with the writer's ideas. The article provided me with a deeper understanding of the motivations behind Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and the potential benefits and concerns associated with it. I gained insights into how the integration of GitHub into Microsoft's ecosystem could lead to improvements in accessibility, reliability, and security for developers. Overall, the article helped me see the acquisition from a more informed and nuanced perspective, enhancing my comprehension of the situation.
In reply to First post

by Dennis Mwangi -

The Internet has completely changed the way we live by bringing people together worldwide and turning the entire world into a global village. With its founding, communication, trade, and knowledge sharing underwent a change. The Internet has come a long way from its beginnings as a research project to as well as a fill storing platform for individauls and companies

Communication has been the epitome of technology revolution. This has introduced social media platforms, email, and instant messaging changing the way we communicate by allowing real-time relationships across borders. In addition to fostering stronger interpersonal relations, technology has brought about several effects on economical and political.

In commerce, technology has made easy to access goods and services globally. While still at home I can purchase products from a different continent and pay for the merchandise which will take a few days for my products to be delivered. All this has been made possible by advances in technology.

In political development, politics has played a significant role shaping how campaigns are run, to how informantion is dessiminated, and how citizens engage with their representatives. From social media platforms to influencing public opinions to data analytics aiding in targeted campaigns.

In conclusion, I believe microsoft has played a significant role in ensuring these technology advances can reach many people around the world for example by making the gifthub accessible to many technology companies.

In reply to First post

by Raj Kumar Ghale -
Never forget who you are and what is essential for you.
The idea of "never forget who you are and what is essential for you" is a powerful reminder to stay true to oneself, to one's values, and to one's goals in life. It is easy to lose track of what is important when we are bombarded with distractions, societal expectations, and peer pressure.
However, staying focused on what truly matters can help us navigate life's challenges and find fulfillment and happiness. In this essay, I will synthesize the importance of knowing oneself and what is essential in life.
In reply to First post

by Shrestha Ashok -
Before reading the article, I had a general understanding of Microsoft's ongoing efforts to engage with the developer community and embrace open-source initiatives. I was aware of GitHub's significance as a leading platform for version control and collaboration among developers across the globe. My preconceived ideas included the potential implications of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, particularly regarding its impact on GitHub's independent ethos, its user base, and the broader open-source ecosystem.

The writer shared details about Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, highlighting key dates and events leading up to the acquisition, such as the initial announcement in June and the approval by the European Union's regulators in October. The article also provided insights into Microsoft's intentions behind the acquisition, as articulated by Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and the newly appointed CEO of GitHub, Nat Friedman. It discussed Friedman's background and his commitment to maintaining GitHub's integrity, independence, and developer-centric approach.

Where my ideas and those of the writer came together was in recognizing the significance of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub within the context of the tech industry and the developer community. We both acknowledged the potential opportunities and challenges associated with this acquisition, such as Microsoft's ability to leverage GitHub's vast user base and expertise while ensuring the preservation of GitHub's core values and principles. Additionally, we both recognized the importance of GitHub as a critical platform for software development, collaboration, and open-source innovation.

Synthesizing my ideas with those of the writer allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of the motivations behind Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and the strategies employed to address concerns within the developer community. It also helped me appreciate the complexities involved in balancing corporate interests with maintaining the trust and support of the open-source community. Overall, the article served as a valuable source of information that enriched my perspective on the evolving dynamics of the tech industry and the role of platforms like GitHub in driving innovation and collaboration among developers.
In reply to First post

by Decoyna, Juanita Kane Sangao. -
Before reading the article about Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, I had some preconceived notions about the role of GitHub in the software development industry and the potential implications of such a significant acquisition. I believed that GitHub was a pivotal platform for collaboration among developers worldwide, facilitating the sharing of code, collaboration on projects, and fostering innovation in the software development community. Additionally, I anticipated that Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub could have far-reaching consequences for both companies and the broader software development ecosystem. I speculated that Microsoft's resources and expertise could enhance GitHub's capabilities and potentially lead to new developments in software development tools and practices.

Upon reading the article, the writer shared insights into the strategic motivations behind Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and provided context on the leadership transition at GitHub with Nat Friedman's appointment as CEO. The writer highlighted Microsoft's commitment to advancing GitHub as a platform loved by developers and emphasized Friedman's vision for GitHub's future, focusing on accessibility, reliability, security, and performance. Furthermore, the writer underscored GitHub's significance in the developer ecosystem, citing its widespread usage by millions of developers worldwide and its adoption by prominent tech companies for open-source projects.

My ideas and those of the writer converged in recognizing the importance of GitHub as a central platform for collaboration and innovation in the software development community. We both acknowledged Microsoft's strategic intent to leverage GitHub's capabilities and expand its influence in the developer ecosystem. Additionally, we shared an understanding of the potential benefits of Nat Friedman's leadership in guiding GitHub's evolution while preserving its core values and developer-centric approach. Both the writer and I recognized GitHub's pivotal role in facilitating collaboration among developers and driving advancements in software development practices.

Synthesizing my ideas with those of the writer led to a deeper understanding of the strategic significance of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and the potential implications for the software development industry. I gained insights into Microsoft's motivations for acquiring GitHub and the leadership's vision for GitHub's future direction under Friedman's stewardship. Additionally, I developed a greater appreciation for GitHub's role as a catalyst for innovation and collaboration in the developer community. Overall, synthesizing my ideas with the writer's perspectives enriched my understanding of the complexities and opportunities inherent in the evolving landscape of software development.
In reply to First post

by Yasir Ahmad Muhammadi -
Genuinely I did not have any idea regarding this topic and it was completely new to me.

The writer shared ideas about the acquisition of GitHub by micro soft and ideas about the CEO of GitHub.
In reply to First post

by Muhammad Nouman -
In a GitHub blog titled "Pull request successfully merged. Starting build...", Nat Friedman said making the platform "accessible to more developers around the world" as well as "[r]eliability, security, and performance" were in "top of mind" for them. He also stated, "GitHub will operate independently as a community, platform, and business" and "will retain its product philosophy", keeping "its developer-first values". He also wrote today was to be his first day as GitHub's CEO.

Friedman was previously the CEO of Xamarin, a software company that allows developers to create native iOS, Android, and Windows phone applications written in the C# programming language. Microsoft acquired Xamarin in 2016.

According to Friedman's blog, GitHub is used by more than 31 million developers worldwide. Technology giants including companies like Airbnb, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft itself have been using GitHub for their open-source projects. However, on May 31, days before Microsoft announced plans for GitHub acquisition, desktop environment software GNOME completed moving from GitHub to GitLab, another software code sharing, hosting, and version control providing website, a competitor of GitHub.
In reply to Muhammad Nouman

by Nawazish Ali -
Leadership Transition: Begin by recognizing Nat Friedman's prior experience as CEO of Xamarin and how it positions him to understand the needs of software developers. This background, combined with the leadership at GitHub, suggests a continuity in focusing on developers' needs and expanding the platform's accessibility.

Commitment to Core Values: Highlight Friedman's emphasis on maintaining GitHub's "developer-first values" and the promise to keep GitHub operating independently. This reassures the community that despite any corporate ownership, GitHub aims to prioritize its role as a facilitator for developers worldwide.

Importance of Reliability, Security, and Performance: Acknowledge the recognition of these fundamental aspects as top priorities for GitHub under Friedman's leadership. These elements are crucial for maintaining trust and efficiency for developers relying on GitHub for their projects.

GitHub's Role in the Developer Community: Reflect on the mention of GitHub being used by over 31 million developers, including major technology companies. This underscores the platform's importance in the ecosystem of software development and open-source projects. Discuss how maintaining and enhancing GitHub's service quality can have a far-reaching impact on the tech industry.

The Move by GNOME to GitLab: Address the context of competition and choice in the ecosystem, as illustrated by GNOME's migration to GitLab. This can be an opportunity to explore the dynamics of platform choice for open-source projects and what GitHub's strategies under Friedman's leadership might mean for retaining and attracting users in a competitive environment.

Future Prospects: Conclude with a forward-looking perspective. Discuss the potential implications of GitHub's commitments on the future of software development, open-source collaboration, and the platform's role within the larger tech ecosystem. Consider how Friedman's leadership could drive innovations and improvements in service that benefit developers worldwide.
In reply to First post

by Giacomo Schiavolin -
Before reading the article, I had preconceived notions about Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, seeing it as a strategic move to bolster its position in the developer community and open-source ecosystem. I anticipated that the transition in leadership, particularly with Nat Friedman taking the helm at GitHub, would focus on maintaining the platform's integrity and developer-centric ethos. Additionally, I acknowledged the competitive landscape GitHub operates in, expecting the article to touch upon rival platforms like GitLab and the broader implications of the acquisition for the technology industry.

The writer's ideas align closely with my initial thoughts, providing a comprehensive overview of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and its implications. The writer emphasized Microsoft's strategic motives, highlighting the significance of GitHub's community and developer-focused approach. They also underscored Nat Friedman's appointment as GitHub's CEO and his commitment to preserving the platform's independence and core values. Furthermore, the writer addressed the competitive landscape by mentioning GitLab as a notable competitor and acknowledged GitHub's global impact on software development practices.

Where the writer's ideas and mine converge is in recognizing the strategic importance of GitHub to Microsoft and the broader technology industry. We both understand GitHub's pivotal role as a hub for developers and the challenges and opportunities presented by its acquisition by Microsoft. Additionally, we share the understanding that GitHub's community and developer-centric ethos must be preserved to ensure its continued success and relevance.

Synthesizing the writer's ideas with my own has indeed led to a deeper understanding of the implications of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub. By considering the perspectives presented in the article, I gained insights into Nat Friedman's vision for GitHub's future and the potential impacts on the competitive landscape. Furthermore, the article prompted me to reflect on the broader implications of the acquisition for open-source development and collaboration within the technology industry. Overall, synthesizing my ideas with those of the writer has enriched my understanding of the topic and provided a more nuanced perspective on Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub.
In reply to First post

by Gideon Leo Wafula Simiyu -
One thing I learned from the essay is the importance of synthesizing different perspectives to gain a deeper understanding of complex topics. By integrating their own ideas with those presented in the article, the writer was able to provide a more comprehensive analysis of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and its implications. This approach underscores the value of considering multiple viewpoints when examining significant events or developments in the tech industry.
In reply to First post

by Sittie Aidah Para -
Synthesis is enumeration of information or partings things in order to easy understand it
In reply to First post

by Omar Sayed -
Certainly! Here's a brief essay on the Internet:

The Internet: A Transformative Force in Modern Society

The Internet stands as one of the most revolutionary inventions of the 20th century, fundamentally altering the way individuals communicate, access information, and conduct various aspects of their lives. From its humble beginnings as a military project to the global network that it is today, the Internet has become an integral part of our daily existence.

One of the most significant contributions of the Internet is its role in democratizing information. Previously, access to knowledge was limited by geographical location and socioeconomic status. However, the Internet has dismantled these barriers, providing a platform for anyone with an internet connection to access an immense pool of information. This democratization has empowered individuals to educate themselves on a myriad of topics, fostering a more informed and intellectually engaged global population.

Communication has undergone a profound transformation with the advent of the Internet. Instantaneous communication across vast distances has become the norm, connecting people from different corners of the world in real-time. Social media platforms have emerged as powerful tools for networking, enabling individuals to maintain relationships, share experiences, and even mobilize for social and political causes. The Internet has truly made the world a smaller, more interconnected place.

Commerce has also experienced a paradigm shift with the rise of online platforms. E-commerce has become a dominant force in the business world, allowing consumers to shop conveniently from the comfort of their homes and businesses to reach a global market. This has not only transformed traditional retail but has also paved the way for new business models and economic opportunities.

While the Internet has brought about numerous positive changes, it is not without its challenges. Concerns over privacy, cybersecurity, and the spread of misinformation highlight the need for responsible use and regulation. Striking a balance between the benefits and potential risks of the Internet is crucial to ensuring its continued positive impact on society.

In conclusion, the Internet has emerged as a transformative force that has reshaped the way we live, work, and interact. Its influence on information access, communication, and commerce is undeniable, marking a new era in human history. As we navigate the complexities of the digital age, it is essential to harness the power of the Internet responsibly, ensuring a future where its benefits are maximized for the greater good.
In reply to First post

by Zeeshan Khan -
Before reading the article, my understanding was that Microsoft’s acquisition of GitHub was a significant move in the tech industry, aimed at bolstering Microsoft’s offerings and presence in the developer community. I anticipated that this acquisition would lead to strategic growth and possibly influence the direction of open-source software development.

The writer of the article presented a factual account of the acquisition, detailing the official announcements from Microsoft, the role of Nat Friedman as the new CEO of GitHub, and the implications for GitHub’s operation and philosophy1. The article emphasized GitHub’s intention to remain an independent platform while benefiting from the resources and support of Microsoft. It also highlighted GitHub’s widespread use by developers and major technology companies, underscoring its importance in the global tech ecosystem.

The convergence of my ideas and the writer’s presentation occurs in the recognition of the acquisition’s significance. Both perspectives acknowledge the potential for Microsoft to enhance GitHub’s capabilities while maintaining its core values and independence. The writer’s focus on the facts of the acquisition complements my broader view of its strategic importance.

Synthesizing my ideas with the writer’s detailed account has deepened my understanding of the acquisition. It has provided a clearer picture of the practical aspects of the deal, such as the financial terms and regulatory approvals, as well as the strategic intentions behind it. This merger of ideas has led to a more nuanced view of how such corporate decisions can shape the landscape of technology and innovation.

In conclusion, the article serves as a valuable source of information that, when combined with broader industry insights, offers a comprehensive view of Microsoft’s acquisition of GitHub. It illustrates the complexities and multifaceted nature of such business moves and their far-reaching implications for the future of technology and software development. The synthesis of different perspectives on this topic enriches the discourse and contributes to a more informed understanding of the tech world’s dynamics.
In reply to First post

by Ankit Singh -
I appreciate your thorough analysis of the article discussing Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub. You succinctly summarized the key points, such as Microsoft's aim to empower developers and bring its tools to new users through this acquisition, as well as the appointment of Nat Friedman as GitHub's new CEO.

One aspect that stood out to me in your response is your perspective on how Microsoft's acquisition provides GitHub with a "new home" and "unlimited runway" to continue developing tools for open-source projects. This viewpoint highlights the potential benefits of the acquisition for both GitHub and the broader developer community.

Your analysis also emphasizes the strategic significance of this acquisition for Microsoft in expanding its reach and influence in the technology industry. By acquiring GitHub, Microsoft not only gains access to a valuable platform for collaboration and version control but also demonstrates its commitment to supporting the open-source community.

Overall, your post provides valuable insights into the implications of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and highlights the potential synergies between the two companies. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic.
In reply to First post

by Kiran Rafiq -
As of my knowledge, Microsoft is the largest-giant American multinational technology software corporation in the whole world. Aside from that, GitHub is a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration. It lets you and others work together on projects from anywhere.

The author shared multiple insights and ideas about the article, such as, first, that Microsoft announced the confirmation of an agreement to acquire GitHub. This aim to empower and enrich developers to bring off more success advancement of the collaboration and also bring Microsoft’s developers’ tools to new users or leads. And second, Nat friedman as the new CEO of GitHub who's also a former CEO of Xamarin(Microsoft acquire it in 2016).

In view of this topic, Microsoft’s acquisition of GitHub makes so much sense, because it gives the start-up a new home, and unlimited runway to keep building its tools for open source while getting the structure it needs to succeed for both the successful and skilled developers and billion of users around the globe.
In reply to First post

by Edul Hailu -
As of my understanding, Microsoft stands as the largest American multinational technology software corporation globally. Alongside this, GitHub serves as a code hosting platform facilitating version control and collaboration, allowing individuals and teams to work on projects collectively from any location.

The author presents several key points in the article. Firstly, Microsoft's announcement of the confirmation of an agreement to acquire GitHub is highlighted. This move aims to empower developers, fostering greater success and advancement in collaboration. Additionally, it enables Microsoft to introduce its developer tools to a broader audience. Secondly, Nat Friedman assumes the role of CEO at GitHub, having previously served as CEO of Xamarin (acquired by Microsoft in 2016).

Considering the topic at hand, Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub is strategically sound. It provides the start-up with a new home and ample resources to continue enhancing its tools for open-source development. This acquisition offers the necessary structure for GitHub to thrive, benefiting both the company and the wider developer community.
In reply to First post

by Maham Rehman -
As of my knowledge,Microsoft confirmed its acquisition of software code hosting and version controlling.
Technology giants including companies like Airbnb, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft itself have been using GitHub for their open-source projects.

Communication has been the epitome of technology revolution. This has introduced social media platforms, email, and instant messaging changing the way we communicate by allowing real-time relationships across borders. In addition to fostering stronger interpersonal relations, technology has brought about several effects on economical and political.

Where the writer's ideas and mine converge is in recognizing the strategic importance of GitHub to Microsoft and the broader technology industry. We both understand GitHub's pivotal role as a hub for developers and the challenges and opportunities presented by its acquisition by Microsoft
In reply to First post

by Nyan Min Htet -
Before reading the article about Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, my understanding of the platform was primarily as a haven for open-source software development. I knew developers used it to store and share code, collaborate on projects, and track changes. However, I wasn't aware of the specific functionalities or the massive scale of GitHub's user base.
The article by Microsoft confirmed my initial impression by highlighting GitHub's role in open-source projects. By mentioning tech giants like Google and Facebook utilizing the platform, the writer emphasized its significance in the software development landscape. This aligns with my understanding of open-source software's collaborative and transparent nature, where GitHub provides a central stage for developers to share and improve upon code.
One interesting point of convergence between my initial ideas and the author's perspective is the focus on developers. The article mentions Nat Friedman, the new CEO of GitHub, specifically emphasizing "developer-first values" as a core principle. This aligns with my belief that a developer-centric approach has been a key factor in GitHub's success.
However, the article goes beyond my initial understanding by delving into the acquisition itself and its implications. The writer provides details about the acquisition price and the regulatory hurdles Microsoft had to overcome. This aspect of the story was entirely new to me and sparked further questions about the potential impact on GitHub's future.
By synthesizing these new details with my existing knowledge, my ideas about the future of GitHub have evolved. The article raises a crucial point – how will Microsoft balance its developer-first approach with its own business goals? While GitHub thrives on fostering a community-driven environment, Microsoft is a for-profit company with its own financial objectives. It will be interesting to see how these potentially conflicting priorities are addressed in the long run.
Another aspect that piqued my curiosity is the mention of GNOME migrating to GitLab, a competitor of GitHub. This raises a question – could this be a trend signifying a potential user exodus under Microsoft's ownership? While the article doesn't address this directly, it compels me to consider the possibility of developers seeking alternative platforms if they perceive a shift in GitHub's priorities.
In conclusion, the article served as a springboard for expanding my understanding of the GitHub acquisition. While the writer focused on reporting the event itself, the details presented sparked further questions and ignited new ideas about the platform's future. The article confirmed my initial understanding of GitHub's significance in open-source development and its focus on developers. However, by introducing the acquisition details and mentioning the GNOME migration, it prompted me to consider the potential challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for GitHub under Microsoft's umbrella. This synthesis of my pre-existing ideas with the information presented in the article has opened doors for further exploration and a more nuanced understanding of the evolving landscape of software development platforms.
In reply to First post

by Aswanth M -
As per my former knowledge,The Microsoft's best-known software products are the Windows line of operating systems, and thay are considered one of the Big Five American information technology companies.
Githubis a developer platform that allows developers to create, store, manage and share their code. The author shared his insights about the Microsoft's confirmation about the Acquisition of github.
In reply to First post

by Leonel Domingo -
Based on what we've discussed, it's clear that Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub is a significant move in the tech industry. By acquiring GitHub, Microsoft aims to empower developers and expand its reach in the developer community. With Nat Friedman, former CEO of Xamarin, leading GitHub as its new CEO, there's a strong leadership in place to drive the platform forward.

I believe this acquisition makes a lot of sense for Microsoft. It provides GitHub with a new home and the resources it needs to continue building tools for open-source development while also benefiting from the structure and support of a large corporation like Microsoft.

Moving forward, I'm interested to see how this acquisition will impact the developer community and open-source software development as a whole. It will also be important to keep an eye on any reactions or responses from stakeholders and how Microsoft integrates GitHub into its broader strategy in the technology industry. Overall, it's an exciting development that has the potential to shape the future of software development worldwide.
In reply to First post

by Sweden Sajonia -
As humans, we often seek out the familiar and comfortable. We tend to stick to what we know and avoid stepping out of our comfort zones. However, it is through taking risks and facing challenges that we truly grow and develop as individuals. This is something I have learned through my own experiences, particularly through my decision to study abroad.

Growing up, I had always been taught to prioritize stability and security. The idea of leaving my home country and living in a foreign place for an extended period of time was daunting. I was afraid of the unknown and unsure if I would be able to adapt to a new culture and way of life. However, I knew deep down that studying abroad would be a valuable and life-changing experience, so I took a leap of faith and applied for a program in Spain.

The first few weeks in Spain were challenging. I struggled with homesickness and felt overwhelmed by the language barrier. However, as I pushed myself to immerse in the culture and interact with locals, I began to feel more comfortable and confident. I made new friends from all over the world and learned to communicate in Spanish. I also had the opportunity to travel and explore different cities and countries, which broadened my perspective and taught me to be open-minded.

Living and studying in a foreign country also taught me to be independent and self-reliant. I had to navigate a new city, manage my finances, and handle any issues that came up on my own. These experiences not only helped me develop practical skills, but also boosted my self-confidence and resilience.

One of the most valuable lessons I learned from studying abroad was the importance of being adaptable. I had to learn to adapt to a new culture, new people, and a new way of life. This skill has been invaluable in all aspects of my life, as I have become more flexible and open to change. I have also learned to embrace diversity and appreciate different perspectives, which has made me a more well-rounded and empathetic individual.

Overall, studying abroad was a challenging and rewarding experience that taught me the importance of taking risks and stepping out of my comfort zone. It allowed me to grow and develop in ways that I never thought possible. I encourage others to do the same and push themselves to try new things and take on challenges, as it is through these experiences that we truly learn and evolve as individuals.
Response:

I really enjoyed reading your essay, especially because I can relate to your experience of studying abroad. I completely agree with you that taking risks and facing challenges can lead to personal growth and development. Your essay was well-structured and your personal experiences were effectively used to support your argument.

One thing I learned from your essay is the importance of being adaptable. I think this is a crucial skill to have, especially in today's globalized world. Studying abroad definitely teaches us to be adaptable and open-minded, and I am glad that you highlighted this aspect in your essay.

Overall, I think your essay effectively conveys the message of the importance of stepping out of our comfort zones and taking risks. It was a pleasure to read and I hope it inspires others to do the same. Great job!
In reply to First post

by Chamodya Dassanayaka -

In reply to First post

by Gellian Fallasgon -

In reply to First post

by ZOGO Lorenz Solène Kocou -
Saylor Academy

ESL004: Advanced English as a Second Language
Dashboard
My courses
ESL004: Advanced English as a Second Language
Sections
Unit 3: Reading to Write

Back to 'Unit 3: Reading to Write'
To do: Make forum posts: 1
Display mode
Display replies flat, with oldest first
Monday, 29 January 2024, 2:00 PM
Number of replies: 40
Post your finished essay here. Make sure you read one of your classmate's posts. Evaluate the post and respond by sharing something you learned from their essay

Picture of Junlord Ray Rosete
by Junlord Ray Rosete - Tuesday, 30 January 2024, 9:02 AM
As of my knowledge, Microsoft is the largest-giant American multinational technology software corporation in the whole world. Aside from that, GitHub is a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration.

The author shared multiple insights and ideas about the article, such as, first, that Microsoft announced the confirmation of an agreement to acquire GitHub. This aim to empower and enrich developers to bring off more success advancement of the collaboration and also bring Microsoft’s developers’ tools to new users or leads.

In reply to First post

by dosso djoman -
In recent years, the tech industry has witnessed numerous mergers and acquisitions, reshaping the landscape of software development and collaboration platforms. One such significant acquisition was Microsoft's purchase of GitHub, a leading platform for software development and version control. This essay aims to explore the implications of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, considering both the opportunities and challenges it presents for developers, businesses, and the broader software ecosystem.

Opportunities for Collaboration and Innovation:
Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub represents an opportunity for enhanced collaboration and innovation within the software development community. By integrating GitHub's robust version control and project management tools with Microsoft's extensive suite of developer services, such as Azure and Visual Studio, developers gain access to a comprehensive ecosystem for building, testing, and deploying applications. This integration fosters greater efficiency and synergy in the development process, enabling teams to collaborate seamlessly across projects and organizations.

Increased Support and Resources:
Another benefit of Microsoft's acquisition is the infusion of resources and support to further enhance GitHub's capabilities and scalability. Microsoft's financial backing and technological expertise empower GitHub to innovate and expand its offerings, addressing the evolving needs of developers and businesses. Additionally, Microsoft's commitment to open-source initiatives and community engagement aligns with GitHub's ethos, ensuring continued support for the platform's vibrant developer community and open-source projects.

Addressing Concerns and Preserving Independence:
Despite the potential benefits, Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub has raised concerns among some developers regarding the platform's independence and commitment to open-source principles. However, Microsoft has taken steps to assuage these concerns by reaffirming GitHub's autonomy and maintaining its status as an open platform for all developers, regardless of their affiliation with Microsoft. Moreover, Microsoft's track record of supporting and contributing to open-source projects lends credibility to its commitment to preserving GitHub's integrity and fostering a diverse and inclusive developer ecosystem.

In conclusion, Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub has significant implications for the software development community, offering opportunities for collaboration, innovation, and resource enhancement. While concerns about GitHub's independence remain, Microsoft's efforts to uphold open-source values and support the platform's continued growth demonstrate a commitment to fostering a thriving developer community. As the integration between Microsoft and GitHub continues to evolve, it is essential for stakeholders to monitor developments closely and advocate for the preservation of GitHub's core principles while leveraging the combined strengths of both entities to drive positive outcomes for developers and businesses alike.
In reply to First post

by Ace Christian Mangalindan -

Since its founding in 1975, Microsoft has been at the forefront of the tech industry, revolutionizing personal computing with its Windows operating system. From Windows 1.0 to Windows 10 and beyond, Microsoft's commitment to innovation has propelled it to become a global technology powerhouse.

Beyond operating systems, Microsoft's suite of productivity tools, including Office and Teams, has transformed how businesses operate and individuals collaborate. The company's entry into hardware with products like the Xbox gaming console and the Surface lineup has further diversified its offerings, captivating consumers worldwide.

Moreover, Microsoft's investment in cloud computing through Azure has positioned it as a leader in the digital transformation of businesses, offering scalable solutions for organizations of all sizes. Its commitment to accessibility, sustainability, and social responsibility, exemplified through initiatives like Microsoft Philanthropies, underscores its dedication to using technology for positive change.

Under the leadership of CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft has embraced a culture of innovation and inclusivity, driving advancements in artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and mixed reality. As technology continues to evolve, Microsoft remains at the forefront, shaping the future of the tech industry and empowering individuals and organizations to achieve more.

In reply to First post

by Rini Fitriani -
The Tech World Shaken by Microsoft's Acquisition of GitHub

In June 2018, the technology world was rocked by the announcement that Microsoft had acquired GitHub, the largest host of source code and collaborative software development platform, for a staggering $7.5 billion in stock. This landmark deal marked a new era for Microsoft, demonstrating its shift toward embracing open source software and appealing to developers.

GitHub, founded in 2008, quickly became the go-to platform for developers and companies to host and collaborate on coding projects. Its user base grew to over 28 million developers across the globe, with companies like Google, Facebook, and Amazon all utilizing GitHub for managing code repositories. GitHub's immense popularity stemmed from its version control system, which allowed multiple developers to simultaneously work on the same codebase effortlessly.

For Microsoft, a company once firmly opposed to open source software and famously denouncing it as a "cancer" in 2001, the acquisition signaled a complete turnaround in strategy and philosophy. Under CEO Satya Nadella's leadership since 2014, Microsoft has been consciously rebranding itself as a company that embraces open source and prioritizes working with developers.

The GitHub deal fits perfectly into Microsoft's new "developer toolbox" vision. With over 28 million developers now under the Microsoft umbrella, the company gains access to a vast talent pool and the opportunity to steer innovations in various fields, including cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and internet of things. GitHub also bolsters Microsoft's cloud services like Azure by making it more attractive to developers building cloud-based applications.

However, the acquisition was met with skepticism by some developers who feared Microsoft might make GitHub products proprietary or change its policies to favor Microsoft's interests. There were concerns about preserving GitHub's open culture and neutrality. Addressing these worries, Microsoft promised to operate GitHub as an open platform and vowed to respect developers' interests.

Despite the initial backlash, industry experts believe Microsoft's acquisition could unlock new opportunities by combining GitHub's collaborative model with Microsoft's robust cloud infrastructure and developer tools. If executed well, the deal could fuel increased open source engagement and innovation across multiple domains.

In essence, Microsoft's landmark purchase of GitHub underscores the company's commitment to open source and its recognition of the pivotal role developers play in today's tech landscape. As Microsoft navigates GitHub's integration while preserving its core values, the deal's long-term impacts on open source dynamics and developer ecosystems remain to be seen.
In reply to First post

by Cheikh Sow -
I am going to talk about the inputs of social media in our society.
Social medias (S.M) is the most rapid growth technology this last decades. From MSN messenger to X (ex Twitter). They are now unmissable in our daily habits. If they have benefits for population, they also brought some bad practices which must be considered.
Firstly, S.M's have contributed to connect people around a world. That makes people socialize and share their own culture to others. This fact indeed is a good way to promote tolerance in the world.
Secondly, S.M's had help to democratize informations in our society. Before the development of social media people had fews pipelines to get to the news. That's means they didn't get the information instantly. But now, at the same instant that things happen, you can get the information no matter your location in the globe.
According to this two points below S.M's are very beneficial to the society. However, people must aware of the dark side of S.M to fully enjoy it.
At first, S.M's are very common use to spread fake news. For having like and view we are tempted to share information that are not checked or confirmed. The rapid spread of fake news attest thereof.
Also, call to hatred took tremendous proportion thanks to SM. Today people use tools of SM to attack minority communities by threatening and intimidating them.
Meanwhile, SM are now important in our life but people must be educated about the manner of using them to use it in a good way.
In reply to First post

by Lahai S Swaray -
The first point I see is that , GitHub will remain a separate entity from Microsoft,with  it own management,board,and headquarters.
This means that GitHub team will continue to run platform and make decisions about its direction.

The author also seems to suggest that GitHub's commitment to the principles will help it to continue to thrive and grow , even under Microsoft ownership.I also noticed that the author point outs that these principles have guided GitHub since it's interception,and that they are baked into the DNA of the company.
This suggest that GitHub's commitment to these principles is deeply ingrained and unlikely to be change.
In reply to First post

by Abu Bakar Siddique -
It is absolute learning process
In reply to Abu Bakar Siddique

by Eric Raherilala -

Absolutely! Learning about the impact of modern agricultural and baking practices on our health is an ongoing process. It's essential to stay informed and make choices that promote our well-being and the sustainability of our food systems."

In reply to First post

by May Thu Khine -

Before reading the article, I have read the articles mentioned, Microsoft purchasing Git Hub is such a disaster for developers.Microsoft company always had a bad reputation in the open-source communities. Since the early days, the company being seen as the evil corporation for several reasons.One of them is, when an uninterruptive upgrade pops up, important meetings have to be adjourned and rearranged. This kind of arrogance has been making people to have bad impression on Microsoft for many years.Thus, developers start to concern about the independence, which is the GitHub's biggest strength. The Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub raised concerns among developers that Microsoft involvement would affect GitHub's generous of sharing software code and open-source projects.

The writer described the future projects and ideas in the article about how Microsoft company would support and maintain GitHub's quality, and also mentioned GitHub's values.GitHub's New CEO said that,  Microsoft want to make the website accessible around the world.In addition, after the acquisition of GitHub, he will keep customer first values and will operate independent community as always.GitHub's was used by 31 million developers worldwide and gigantic social media platforms use  GitHub for their open-source projects and these statistic actors show it's net-worth.

In my point of view, the facts mentioned above points the writer's idea of  how Microsoft would get benefits by purchasing GitHub. By Microsoft purchasing of Git-Hub, the company will be able communicate and collaborate 31million developers around the world.Form that they can get income through the GitHub website and also could be able to get potential customers for the future projects.Besides, by controlling GitHub which is used by giant social media platforms for open-source projects, Microsoft would stay influential in the IT business.

By synthesizing them, I can finally realize that the negative thoughts of the developers who is using GitHub, could be the results of deduction based on the past of Microsoft company's strategies and after reading this article, I can guess that they may change their way to get more profits from the customers across the globe.

In reply to First post

by Amatur Rahman -
Milestones along the way by Sayyid Qutb guide us about the Muslim world, a muslim society on Quranic grounds.
It states us how we have lost the revolutionary spirit. The success of first group of Muslims is that they put instructions into action while ours end on academic discussions. Our whole environment, ppl beliefs, ideas,habits, rules and laws is Jahilliya.
In reply to First post

by Blessing koko -
Microsoft has a dominant position in the market since most of the PC must run MS software. They have to defend this advantage and they do so by suppressing competitors. Suppressing can also mean acquiring and drastically changing them.

The writer does not express any idea in a direct way but lets the reader think that Microsoft has purchased GitHub, one of the most adopted platform for code sharing, repository and versioning, to completely change its nature.

My ideas are similar to the writer’s ideas because both think that, beside the announcements of Microsoft about leaving GitHub's full freedom, the choice of the CEO, the purchase by stocks, and the fact that a famous open source foundation has left GitHub before the acquisition make us understand that Microsoft is simply adsorbing a potential competitor by transforming it in a piece of Itself.

My ideas were enforced by reading the article because it is a collection of facts that clearly suggest that the idea is plausible.
In reply to First post

by Akeem Hassan -
Most big companies always want to become the best in their fields, especially in the IT field. They aim to be ranked in the first position of tens of technology giants and get the greatest portion of customers: people and small companies. The objectives of these technology companies are to absorb the companies that are becoming popular and well-known by many people, especially young people, like WhatsApp. These “giants” invest a lot of money in surveys to get people’s opinions about their products or services, what is ok, and what they have to improve. Thus, they are always in constant innovation to become the best solution for their possible users.
My ideas align with the balanced approach of the article. I agree there are reasonable worries among open source programmers about Microsoft controlling GitHub given their past antagonism. But I am also hopeful that Microsoft's assurances of independence are sincere, especially with Friedman at the helm.
However z having this kind of rivalry helps the developers to have options in choosing the software for their work.
Also, the competition will help better the computer world rather than monopolizing the market.
In reply to First post

by Marnie Perez -
To me technology is not an easy concept to understand. I have heard about GitHub but I wasn’t familiar with what’s is for until I read the information. Writing an essay about a subject like that was very complicated for me and I gave up. If you have ideas you can share with me, I would really appreciate it. In the meantime I will read some of the posts to learn more. Thank you.
In reply to First post

by Cassandra Mae Gatdula -
Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub marks a pivotal moment in the technology industry, prompting discussions about the future of open-source development and corporate consolidation. Before delving into the article, my initial thoughts revolved around the potential impact of this acquisition on GitHub's community of developers and the broader ecosystem of open-source software. I anticipated learning more about the motivations behind Microsoft's decision to acquire GitHub and how the leadership transition would unfold.

Upon reading the article, the writer adeptly navigated through the timeline of events surrounding the acquisition, providing valuable insights into Microsoft's strategic vision and GitHub's response to the transition. The article outlined key details such as the announcement of Nat Friedman as GitHub's new CEO and the commitment to maintaining GitHub's independence and developer-first values. Through quotes from prominent figures like Satya Nadella and Nat Friedman, the article effectively conveyed the perspectives of key stakeholders involved in the acquisition.

Where my ideas and those of the writer converge is in recognizing GitHub's central role in facilitating collaboration and innovation within the developer community. Both the writer and I share an appreciation for GitHub's significance as a platform for open-source projects and the importance of preserving its unique identity amidst the acquisition. Additionally, the emphasis on GitHub's commitment to operating independently and retaining its core values resonates with my belief in the importance of maintaining organizational culture during periods of change.

Synthesizing my ideas with those presented in the article has enriched my understanding of the complexities involved in corporate acquisitions and the implications for stakeholders involved. While I initially viewed the acquisition as a strategic move by Microsoft to strengthen its developer tools and services, the article provided deeper insights into the strategic considerations and challenges inherent in integrating GitHub into Microsoft's ecosystem. Furthermore, learning about Nat Friedman's background and his leadership approach has highlighted the critical role of leadership in shaping organizational culture and guiding strategic decisions during periods of transition.

In conclusion, the article offers a comprehensive overview of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and its implications for the developer community. By aligning my initial thoughts with the insights presented in the article, I have gained a deeper understanding of the motivations behind the acquisition and the strategies employed to ensure GitHub's continued success as a platform for open-source collaboration.
In reply to First post

by R. Gokilalakshmi -
Based on my understanding, Microsoft is the largest-giant American multinational technology software corporation in the whole world.

Likewise, GitHub is a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration.

The writer shared multiple thoughts and ideas about that, It helps me to acquire more about GitHub. This aim to enrich developers to bring off more success advancement.

In my view of this topic, Microsoft’s acquisition of GitHub makes so much sense, because it gives a new and unlimited opportunities as well as benefits to all over the world.And it aims to develop the software as updated and increase the amount of users around the globe.
In reply to First post

by Prabuddha Bhattacharyya -
Before reading the article on Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, I had preexisting ideas about the evolving landscape of technology acquisitions and their implications on the developer community. I understood that major corporations like Microsoft often seek to expand their market influence and technological capabilities through strategic acquisitions of popular platforms. My initial perspective was cautious, wondering how such acquisitions might impact the independence and user experience of these platforms, especially in the context of open-source communities.

Upon reading the article, the writer presented a detailed account of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, providing insights into the motivations behind the move and the responses from key figures like Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and GitHub's new CEO Nat Friedman. The article highlighted Nat Friedman's assurances about GitHub's continued independence and commitment to its developer-centric values under Microsoft's ownership. The writer also underscored GitHub's pivotal role within the global developer community, emphasizing its widespread adoption and significance as a hub for open-source collaboration.

Where my ideas and those of the writer converge is in recognizing the strategic importance of GitHub to both Microsoft and the broader developer ecosystem. We share the understanding that GitHub's success is deeply intertwined with its ability to serve the needs of millions of developers worldwide. Both the writer and I acknowledge the potential challenges and opportunities presented by such acquisitions, particularly in terms of maintaining GitHub's identity and user trust while leveraging Microsoft's resources to enhance the platform's capabilities.

Synthesizing the writer's ideas with my own has expanded my perspective on the topic. I now appreciate more deeply the complexities involved in corporate acquisitions within the technology sector, especially when it comes to platforms that play a central role in supporting open-source projects. The article prompted me to consider more deeply the delicate balance between corporate interests and community values in the context of platform stewardship. It also highlighted the importance of transparency and clear communication from platform leadership to address concerns and maintain user confidence during times of significant change.

In conclusion, the article on Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub has enriched my understanding of the dynamics shaping the technology industry. It provided valuable insights into the motivations behind corporate acquisitions and the challenges of maintaining platform integrity amidst shifting ownership. By synthesizing the writer's perspective with my own ideas, I have gained a more nuanced view of the interplay between business strategy, community engagement, and technological innovation within the context of major industry developments. This synthesis has deepened my appreciation for the multifaceted considerations involved in managing and evolving platforms like GitHub in an increasingly interconnected digital landscape.
In reply to First post

by Thaw Linn Htut -
Technological Giant, Microsoft, introduced a new platform GitHub.
In reply to First post

by Zhansaya Kalikatbek -
Microsoft, the leading American multinational technology software corporation worldwide, recently confirmed its acquisition of GitHub, a renowned code hosting platform facilitating version control and collaboration. This move is aimed at bolstering collaboration among developers and expanding the reach of Microsoft's developer tools to a broader audience. Nat Friedman, former CEO of Xamarin (acquired by Microsoft in 2016), now leads GitHub as its CEO. This acquisition aligns with Microsoft's strategy to provide a supportive environment for startups like GitHub to thrive while enhancing tools for open source development, benefiting skilled developers and billions of users globally.

In reply to First post

by Poorvi Parashar -

In reply to First post

by Purnika Sijwali -
Synthesis essays are a great way to showcase your ability to analyze multiple sources and form a cohesive argument. They require you to critically examine various viewpoints on a particular topic and then synthesize those perspectives into a unified discussion.

To excel in writing a synthesis essay, consider the following tips:

1. **Understand the Prompt:** Before you start researching and writing, make sure you fully understand the prompt. Identify the main theme or question you need to address and the sources you'll be working with.

2. **Research and Gather Sources:** Collect a diverse range of sources that provide different perspectives on the topic. These could include scholarly articles, books, essays, and even multimedia sources like videos or podcasts.

3. **Analyze the Sources:** Once you have your sources, critically evaluate each one. Look for common themes, contrasting viewpoints, and key arguments. Take notes on important information and quotes that you can use in your essay.

4. **Develop a Thesis Statement:** Based on your analysis of the sources, develop a clear thesis statement that presents your main argument or perspective on the topic. Your thesis should guide the direction of your essay and provide a roadmap for your readers.

5. **Organize Your Essay:** Structure your essay in a way that allows for a logical flow of ideas. You might choose to organize your essay by theme, by source, or through a combination of both. Make sure each paragraph contributes to your overall argument and connects back to your thesis.

6. **Incorporate Source Material:** Integrate quotes, statistics, and examples from your sources to support your arguments. Be sure to properly cite your sources according to the required citation style (e.g., APA, MLA).

7. **Provide Analysis:** Don't just summarize the sources; provide critical analysis and interpretation. Explain how each source contributes to your argument and evaluate the credibility and relevance of the information presented.

8. **Address Counterarguments:** Acknowledge opposing viewpoints and counterarguments in your essay. This shows that you've considered multiple perspectives and strengthens your own argument.

9. **Revise and Edit:** Once you've written a draft, take the time to revise and edit your essay. Check for clarity, coherence, and consistency in your arguments. Pay attention to grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.

10. **Seek Feedback:** Before submitting your essay, consider getting feedback from peers, teachers, or writing tutors. They can offer valuable insights and suggestions for improving your essay.

By following these tips and approaches, you can effectively tackle a synthesis essay and craft a compelling argument that synthesizes multiple sources into a coherent whole.
In reply to First post

by Juliana Kim Encarnado -
Before reading the Microsoft-GitHub acquisition article, I had notions about tech acquisitions and their effects on the developer community. I was cautious about how such moves might affect platform independence and user experience. The article detailed Microsoft's acquisition, highlighting GitHub's commitment to its developer-centric values and its pivotal role in the developer community under Microsoft.

The writer and I agreed on GitHub's strategic importance to Microsoft and the developer ecosystem. We recognized that GitHub's success lies in meeting the needs of developers worldwide and acknowledged the challenges and opportunities of such acquisitions. The article expanded my perspective on corporate acquisitions in the tech sector, particularly those central to open-source projects. It made me consider the balance between corporate interests and community values and the importance of clear communication from platform leadership.

In conclusion, the article deepened my understanding of the dynamics in the tech industry, offering insights into corporate acquisitions and platform integrity amidst ownership changes. By combining the writer's perspective with mine, I gained a more nuanced view of the interplay between business strategy, community engagement, and technological innovation. This synthesis increased my appreciation for managing platforms like GitHub in a digitally interconnected world.
In reply to First post

by Andrea Ambrosino -
Before reading the article, I know that Microsoft is a technology giant. It is one of the world's most important multinational IT companies.

The writer reports the news that in October 2018, Microsoft acquired the software code hosting and version controlling website GitHub for a price of 7.5 billion US dollars.

The new Chief Executive Officer of GitHub, Nat Friedman, announced that GitHub would have retained its product philosophy and developer-first values. He was previously the CEO of Xamarin, a software company acquired by Microsoft in 2016.

On May 31, the desktop environment software GNOME moved from GitHub to GitLab, another software code sharing, hosting, and version control providing website, a competitor of GitHub.
What the writer states come together with my idea of the Microsoft's greatness. Moreover, it paves the way to further considerations. I think that these are manoeuvres aimed at disadvantage the competition. Some softwares could be afraid about this operation and its consequences and they preferred to move to other competitors. So Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub seems to be strategic.
In reply to First post

by Garmylo Pdang -
As Microsoft grows into a giant techno industry, it is well understood that after sometimes, the whole of the tech industry will fall under its acquisition. One of the best example is that of GitHub itself, a reputed leading techno company which is the leading software code hosting and version controlling techno giant. This acquisition doesn't come as something that is surprising. It shows the strength of Microsoft to excel amongst its competitors, it shows its seriousness in taking the technological advancements into the next level, and by acquiring GitHub, and by choosing Nat Friedman as the CEO, Microsoft shows that it means business, however even after having been acquired GitHub doesn't want to throw away its value, and its philosophy. So this acquisition is not in a way to change how GitHub would be functioning (technical) rather its strategical.
In reply to First post

by Asif Ali -
before reading the article, I knew that Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub was a big step for the software sector, with the goal of strengthening Microsoft's position in the developer community. I knew that GitHub was used by developers all around the world and that it was a great place to collaborate on open-source projects. I also knew that the purchase may have an impact on GitHub's independence and its dedication to upholding its developer-first principles.
Regarding Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, the author expresses similar views, highlighting the merger's strategic importance and the ramifications for both businesses and the larger developer community. The author gives a thorough rundown of the purchase chronology that includes remarks from important players including Satya Nadella and Nat Friedman as well as Microsoft's announcement and regulatory clearance. The author also emphasises GitHub's significance for big IT firms like Apple, Google, Facebook, Airbnb, and Microsoft as well as its appeal to developers.

I agree to the ideas of the writer in recognizing the strategic importance of the acquisition for Microsoft and GitHub. We both acknowledge the potential benefits of the acquisition in terms of advancing GitHub's platform and expanding its accessibility to developers worldwide. Furthermore, we share a common understanding of GitHub's central role in facilitating collaboration and innovation within the developer community, as well as the importance of preserving GitHub's independence and core values amidst the acquisition.

similarly, Synthesizing my ideas with those of the writer has enriched my understanding of the acquisition and its implications. By incorporating the writer's insights into the article, I gained a more comprehensive perspective on the motivations behind Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and the strategies employed to ensure a smooth transition. Additionally, the writer's coverage of GitHub's usage among major technology companies provided context for understanding GitHub's broader impact within the industry. Overall, synthesizing my ideas with those of the writer has deepened my appreciation for the significance of the acquisition and its implications for the future of software development and collaboration.
In reply to First post

by Esha Munir -
s of my knowledge, Microsoft is the largest-giant American multinational technology software corporation in the whole world. Aside from that, GitHub is a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration. It lets you and others work together on projects from anywhere.

In reply to First post

by momar fall -

In reply to First post

by Elena Galatanu -

In reply to First post

by Adewale Buari -
This writing is about Microsoft and how they started off from basic ideas to create the technology to using computer to make their company successful in the business field of technology.
Microsoft owner, Bill Gates, is the head master that created the technology to operate the computers. Without education, he made his own way to become a more successful man by using his own ideas and creation to master the bases of technology. Because of his work, Microsoft is the one of the top companies that is successful due to their computers and other gadgets they created. Microsoft has influenced technology in so many ways that it has taken over the technical stock market. In the market, they are top tier when it comes to their technology products that they created through the past years. In this essay, what I am researching is about how Microsoft started, when did they get their success, how did they get their success, what products did they work with to create their company, who started the company, and where did it first originally started from. Microsoft Corporation 3
In reply to First post

by Maria Rosaria Macrillò -
Microsoft acquired GitHub, used by many developers and large companies. I am also familiar with it. Focused on open-source development, it is important to bring new audiences, CEO Satya Nadella said, “we strengthen our commitment to developer freedom, openness and innovation.” GitHub has important purposes: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. With the creation of a collaborative community to make a difference and to create the future of software.
In reply to First post

by WIN THUZAR KHAING -
Before reading the article about Microsoft acquired GitHub, I had a general understanding of Microsoft's significant presence in the technology industry and its ongoing efforts to expand its portfolio through acquisitions. I also had some knowledge about GitHub as a popular platform for software developers to collaborate on projects and manage code repositories. My perspective was primarily focused on the potential implications of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub for the developer community and the future direction of the platform.

The writer shared details about Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, including the timeline of events leading up to the completion of the deal. They highlighted key points such as the announcement of the acquisition in June 2018, the approval from European Union regulators in October 2018, and the appointment of Nat Friedman as GitHub's new CEO. The writer also included statements from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Nat Friedman regarding their vision for GitHub under Microsoft's ownership, emphasizing their commitment to maintaining GitHub's independence and developer-centric approach.

Where my idea and the writer's ideas come together is in our mutual interest in understanding the implications of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub. Both the writer and I recognize the significance of this acquisition for the developer community and the broader technology industry. We share an interest in exploring how Microsoft's ownership may impact GitHub's platform, user base, and ecosystem of open-source projects. Additionally, we both acknowledge the importance of GitHub as a valuable resource for developers worldwide and the need to ensure its continued success and accessibility.

Reading the writer's ideas has expanded my understanding of the acquisition process and the rationale behind Microsoft's decision to acquire GitHub. The writer's inclusion of statements from key stakeholders, such as Satya Nadella and Nat Friedman, provides insights into Microsoft's strategic goals and the vision for GitHub's future. Additionally, learning about GitHub's extensive user base and its role in facilitating collaboration among developers has deepened my appreciation for the platform's impact on the technology community.

In conclusion, the article sheds light on Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub and its implications for the developer community. By synthesizing my ideas with the writer's insights, I have gained a more comprehensive understanding of the motivations behind the acquisition and the potential opportunities and challenges ahead for GitHub under Microsoft's ownership. Moving forward, I will continue to monitor developments in the technology industry and the evolution of GitHub as a vital platform for software development and collaboration.
In reply to First post

by Maylon Enrique Bovea Toscano -
On Friday, US-based innovation monster Microsoft affirmed its securing of computer program code facilitating and adaptation controlling site GitHub. The declaration was made by Microsoft by means of their official web journal, which too said Nat Friedman was to ended up modern Chief Official Officer of GitHub.

Microsoft had reported plans to procure GitHub for a cost of 7.5 billion US dollars (USD) on June 4. On October 19, the European Union's controllers endorsed the securing. Concurring to the June declaration, Microsoft was to pay the sum in stock.

After Microsoft made the declaration, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella tweeted, saying, "I'm excited to welcome GitHub to Microsoft. Together, we'll proceed to progress GitHub as a stage adored by engineers and trusted by organizations."

In a GitHub web journal titled "Drag ask effectively combined. Beginning construct...", Nat Friedman said making the stage "open to more designers around the world" as well as "[r]eliability, security, and execution" were in "best of intellect" for them. He moreover expressed, "GitHub will work freely as a community, stage, and trade" and "will hold its item reasoning", keeping "its developer-first values". He too composed nowadays was to be his to begin with day as GitHub's CEO.

Friedman was already the CEO of Xamarin, a software company that permits engineers to form local iOS, Android, and Windows phone applications composed within the C# programming dialect. Microsoft obtained Xamarin in 2016.

Agreeing to Friedman's web journal, GitHub is utilized by more than 31 million engineers around the world. Innovation monsters counting companies like Airbnb, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft itself have been utilizing GitHub for their open-source ventures. In any case, on May 31, days some time recently Microsoft declared plans for GitHub securing, desktop environment program Little person completed moving from GitHub to GitLab, another program code sharing, facilitating, and form control giving site, a competitor of GitHub.
In reply to First post

by Anu Priyankaa V -
Today, we announced an agreement to acquire GitHub, the world’s leading software development platform. I want to share what this acquisition will mean for our industry and for developers.

The era of the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge is upon us. Computing is becoming embedded in the world, with every part of our daily life and work and every aspect of our society and economy being transformed by digital technology.

Developers are the builders of this new era, writing the world’s code. And GitHub is their home.

As every industry – from precision medicine to precision agriculture, from personalized education to personalized banking – is being impacted by technology, the developer community will only grow in numbers and importance. Developer workflows will drive and influence business processes and functions across the organization – from marketing, sales and service, to IT and HR. And value creation and growth across every industry will increasingly be determined by the choices developers make.
In reply to First post

by Anu Priyankaa V -
Today, we announced an agreement to acquire GitHub, the world’s leading software development platform. I want to share what this acquisition will mean for our industry and for developers.

The era of the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge is upon us. Computing is becoming embedded in the world, with every part of our daily life and work and every aspect of our society and economy being transformed by digital technology.

Developers are the builders of this new era, writing the world’s code. And GitHub is their home.

As every industry – from precision medicine to precision agriculture, from personalized education to personalized banking – is being impacted by technology, the developer community will only grow in numbers and importance. Developer workflows will drive and influence business processes and functions across the organization – from marketing, sales and service, to IT and HR. And value creation and growth across every industry will increasingly be determined by the choices developers make.