2.1 Discussion

Make forum posts: 1

2.1 Discussion

Number of replies: 2

After you have studied all four viewpoints, attempt to identify which of these views is closest to your own beliefs. Or, explain why these views are not close to any of your beliefs. This can often be hard to do, and while we may think that our ethics regarding the environment rest in one place, they can often be very different when we truly analyze our behavior.

In reply to First post

Re: 2.1 Discussion

by Kyla Mae Capal -
In considering various environmental ethics, I find myself leaning towards an ecocentric perspective. While anthropocentrism prioritizes human interests, biocentrism emphasizes the intrinsic value of individual living entities, and deep ecology advocates for a holistic interconnectedness, ecocentrism strikes a balance that resonates with my values. The focus on entire ecosystems aligns with my belief in the importance of preserving the health and balance of nature as a whole. Recognizing that ecosystems provide essential services and support for all life, including humans, appeals to my sense of responsibility towards the broader environment. This approach feels more comprehensive, addressing not only the well-being of individual species but also the intricate interdependencies that sustain life on Earth.
In reply to First post

Re: 2.1 Discussion

by Jessica Ross -
I have always believed that everything has life and a beat to them. From humans down to plants and molds. I have believed that if you kill or destroy something it needs to be for a good reason such as food or shelter. The environmental ethic that mirrors these feelings is ecocentrism. This is the belief that all things have value. I do not believe that humans are above all.