Unit 5 Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Describe the idea behind public key cryptography.
- Apply the RSA cryptography system to a practical problem.
- Test whether a large integer is prime via the naive method and probabilistic testing.
- Describe Euclid's algorithm and prove the Chinese Reminder Theorem.
- Describe the Legendre and Jacobi symbols.
- Define a subgroup.
- Explain the Pollard p-1 algorithm and Pollard Rho algorithm.
- Explain the Shanks' Square Forms Factorization algorithm.
- Explain the Solovay-Strassen test.
- Define strong pseudoprime.
- Explain the Miller-Rabin Prime test.
Last modified: Friday, July 15, 2016, 1:58 PM