Discussion: Company Culture

Make forum posts: 1

Discussion: Company Culture

Number of replies: 8

Reflect on the article about company culture that you have just read. Consider a company you have worked for, or one that you are familiar with, in which the culture was a positive one. What were the aspects of this culture that made your experience positive? On the flip side, have you ever experienced a negative company culture? How did you deal with this negative environment?

Share your thoughts on these questions in the course discussion forum. Read the responses that other students have posted and post your own comments. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to connect with your peers and to receive meaningful feedback of your own.

In reply to First post

Re: Discussion: Company Culture

by Amber McKennerney -
I work in a non profit field so culture is a very important one as everyone comes from a different background.
In reply to First post

by Muskan Dagar -

Since I'm a fresher, I've not had any direct company culture experience. However, based on my reading, I think a company must act and behave in a way that is congruent with its principles. There should be an environment where employees are an intricate component to the company's success.

In reply to First post

by Anna Cotza -
Corporate culture is a very important element in my organization, it represents an element of cohesion and a drive towards achieving common objectives.
In reply to First post

by Inaki Villa -
Employee satisfaction is increased by a positive company culture, which encourages open communication, a shared mission, work-life balance, and recognition. On the other hand, demotivation can result from a negative culture. We may counter this negativity by asking for help and expressing our opinions to others.
In reply to First post

by Kathleen Clark -
I have been very involved in attempts to change the long standing negative culture at my organization which has embraced conflict avoidance, jealousy, gossip, and a focus on production with little concern for attention to detail or quality. It has been an interesting process because, though our employees have expressed displeasure with those components of the culture, especially long term employees tend to put forth much resistance to efforts to change and improve the culture.
In reply to First post

by Rebeca Ramirez -
It was a great article. The company I work at now is a great example of a positive culture. Management can determine the culture a financial center will have based on the relationship it builds with its team.
In reply to First post

by Goitom Desaley -
Company culture refers to the values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that characterize an organization. It's essentially the personality of a company and encompasses everything from how decisions are made to how employees interact with each other and with customers.