Using Data for Efficiency and Effectiveness
Read this chapter for a discussion of how business organizations make decisions and the role information technology plays in decision making. What is the process that uses technology to make automated decisions? Consider system input, decision-making algorithms, and output. How does an organization track the decisions made by the system?
- describe competing views of how decisions are made within organizations
- describe ways in which data may be used to improve decision making, including:
- controlling business processes
- automating decision making
- supporting complex decisions
- augmenting knowledge
Source: Richard T. Watson, https://s3.amazonaws.com/saylordotorg-resources/wwwresources/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/InformationSystems.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.