Achieving Efficiency and Effectiveness through Systems
This chapter discusses the four components of information systems and the role information technology plays in business. Read it to gain a basic understanding of these two critical topics, then attempt the two case studies and answer the questions that accompany each case.
- understand the differences between information systems and information technology
- be able to identify the four components of information systems
- understand the relationships between the four components of information systems
- understand the reasons for having an information system
- be able to assess the value of information systems from the financial as well as managerial points of view
Source: University of Georgia, https://s3.amazonaws.com/saylordotorg-resources/wwwresources/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/InformationSystems.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.