Discussion: Developing Employees

Make forum posts: 1

Discussion: Developing Employees

Number of replies: 17

Reflect on the article you have just read about training and the development of employees.

Often, employees feel that job training is ineffective or unnecessary.

• What experiences have you had with employee training that were beneficial, or, in contrast of little value?

Share your thoughts on these questions below. This is a good opportunity to respond to what others have written and seek feedback on your own contribution to the discussion.

In reply to First post

Re: Discussion: Developing Employees

by Munyama Simoonga -
am in dispute with the assertion that employee training is ineffective, in a practical situation 75% of new employment recruited are not effective enough to care out the fill up job accurately. Employee training should be a must and should be designed in accordance to the company's main goals.
In reply to First post

by Mohammed Ashardeen -
Effective employee training typically involves interactive, hands-on methods that engage participants and encourage practical application of knowledge. When training programs lack relevance or fail to adapt to different learning styles, they often provide limited value to employees.
In reply to First post

by Kamrul Islam Emon -
The employees have different needs in particular. To evaluate them, I need to approach at various angles. But the methods must be the same. Sometimes improper interaction between the employees leave a bitter outcome. A good mindset to be helpful is what I think best for the training.
In reply to First post

by Samriddhi Gouraha -
Employee training can be highly beneficial when it is well-designed, relevant, and interactive. Effective training programs contribute to the professional development of employees, enhance their skills, and align them with the goals of the organization. However, there are instances where training may be perceived as ineffective or unnecessary. Employee training can be highly beneficial when it is well-designed, relevant, and interactive. Effective training programs contribute to the professional development of employees, enhance their skills, and align them with the goals of the organization. However, there are instances where training may be perceived as ineffective or unnecessary.
In reply to First post

by Emilia Dinca -
Employee training can predict the time an employee will remain in the company. Even if it's costly in the long run it is effecient and can cost less.
In reply to First post

by CAPIÑA, MIRASOL G. -
In my professional experience, I have encountered both beneficial and less effective employee training programs. The effectiveness of training often depends on various factors, including the training methods used, the relevance of the content, and the engagement of participants.

Beneficial Experiences:

Interactive Workshops: Training sessions that involve interactive workshops, group activities, and hands-on exercises tend to be more effective. These formats encourage active participation and help employees apply new knowledge directly to their roles.

Customized Content: Tailoring training content to the specific needs of the organization or department enhances its relevance. When employees can see a direct connection between the training material and their daily tasks, it tends to be more beneficial.

Ongoing Development: Training that is part of a continuous development program tends to be more valuable. Regular and ongoing learning opportunities allow employees to stay updated on industry trends and improve their skills over time.

Experiences of Little Value:

Irrelevant Content: Training programs that lack relevance to employees' roles or the organization's goals may be of little value. If the content doesn't address the specific needs of the workforce, it can result in disengagement.

Passive Learning: Programs that rely solely on passive learning methods, such as lectures or lengthy presentations, may not be as effective. Engagement tends to be higher when employees are actively involved in the learning process.

Lack of Follow-Up: Training without a follow-up or reinforcement mechanism may not lead to sustained behavior change. It's crucial to have mechanisms in place to support and reinforce the application of newly acquired skills or knowledge in the workplace.

These experiences highlight the importance of designing and implementing employee training programs thoughtfully, considering the unique needs and characteristics of the workforce. Continuous feedback, assessment, and adaptability are key elements in ensuring that training efforts are beneficial and contribute to the overall development of employees.
In reply to First post

by Doris Repaš -
From what I saw, sometimes employees do not want to learn something for their particular reason. But I think employee training can be effective if we approach from different sides to help employees learn things they need to. And poor interactions with employees can give negatively income.
In reply to Doris Repaš

by Honeylin Marcos -
From What I have learn that it is very important to know who and waht to hire for this has a big impact on the company itself
In reply to First post

by Muhammad Fayyaz Khan -
Reflect on the article you have just read about training and the development of employees.
Often, employees feel that job training is ineffective or unnecessary.

What experiences have you had with employee training that were beneficial, or, in contrast of little value?
Share your thoughts on these questions below. This is a good opportunity to respond to what others have written and seek feedback on your own contribution to the discussion.
In reply to First post

by mosby melanie ramos -
training programs are essential to every organization and employee for them to enhance and be more effective on their job discription.
In reply to First post

by Denny Ferdiyantoro -
I think that training for employees is very important. There are several reasons that make me think it is important. First, sometimes there are some employees who do not have work experience related to their new role, for example a new graduate. Second, sometimes the work culture in one company is different from another company, so providing training will make employees understand the work culture in the company and the roles that must be carried out.
In reply to First post

by Emmanuel Ikegwuonu -

Employee Training is good because it gives a room for improvement in the specific area of career pursuit ;it also an avenue for understanding the ethics that are hidden. 

In reply to First post

by Jasmin Everingham -
I have been on the side of receiving training from a manager and delivering training to employees. In most of my customer service based jobs, there is little to no training apart from hard skills such as POS training (which can be 5 minutes tops!) In Australia, there appears to be the expectation from small business owners that you should hit the ground running and be indistinguishable from a long-term employee on your first day. Owners of small businesses in hospitality are usually very thinly spread and don't have the patience, time or awareness of onboarding. Employers will list the main qualification on job descriptions is an 'experienced customer service representative', and believe this to mean that they can save resources and neglect the other qualities of onboarding. This creates an immense amount of unnecessary anxiety for the new employee and as a result the service standard suffers until the employee feels more comfortable with the rhythm of the business. In observing this, I have created a check list of onboarding steps to follow with every new hire to address all areas of onboarding. With the help of staff feedback on improvements to onboarding procedures, we have had great results with employees hitting expectations more quickly once in their full role.

I'm a big believer in helping employees continue their professional development. The individuals within a company are the most effective resources to generate company revenue (until AI is developed enough to take over the labour force), so investing in them is good for the output of the company and the society at large. It is no wonder that on average, for every $1, large companies spend $0.03 on employee training and development! These companies understand the benefits of well-trained employees for good business.
In reply to First post

by kunromix Yee -
i feel that training in workforce helps entry level employees reduce possible work mistakes and improve work productivity especially when it is paid fully for
In reply to First post

by Cherry Madhavi -
One of the most beneficial training experiences I've had was when I participated in a project management course that focused on agile methodologies. The training combined online modules, in-person workshops, and practical project simulations. What made it particularly effective was its relevance to my job responsibilities and the opportunity to immediately apply what I learned in real-world projects. Additionally, the course included regular assessments and feedback sessions, allowing me to track my progress and address any areas needing improvement. As a result, I not only gained valuable skills but also increased my confidence and efficiency in managing projects.
In reply to First post

by Deleted user -
One of the most beneficial training experiences I've had was when I participated in a project management course that focused on agile methodologies. The training combined online modules, in-person workshops, and practical project simulations. What made it particularly effective was its relevance to my job responsibilities and the opportunity to immediately apply what I learned in real-world projects. Additionally, the course included regular assessments and feedback sessions, allowing me to track my progress and address any areas needing improvement. As a result, I not only gained valuable skills but also increased my confidence and efficiency in managing projects.
In reply to First post

by Niesha Brandon -
During my experiences, Hands-on training and continuous education have always been beneficial as it ensures that employees can grasp information more quickly. In addition, clear and concise feedback is also beneficial and can help employees identify areas that may need improvement.