Discussion: The Big Five Personality Test

Make forum posts: 1

Discussion: The Big Five Personality Test

Number of replies: 10

Reflect on the Big Five Personality Test that you have just explored. What type of personality do you believe defines your individual preferences? Do you feel that your personality style has changed over time based on your experiences? Share your thoughts on these questions in the discussion forum. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to connect with your peers and to receive meaningful feedback of your own.

In reply to First post

Re: Discussion: The Big Five Personality Test

by James Walters -
Personally, I am less concerned with varying degrees of extraversion. I am content not to be involved in constant conversation and interaction outside of the necessary communication required for a job. I will confess though, that working alongside and under people that display a fair amount of agreeableness can make a job significantly more enjoyable. Of the positive traits, I am most concerned with conscientiousness. It is a relatively simple matter to work alongside someone regardless of extraversion or introversion, as well as someone who is open or not. I am not saying that they don't matter at all, just that they are not as significant. Being dependable and considerate naturally streamlines the work around you and makes cooperation and functionality much easier. The lack thereof, I find, detracts significantly from other positive characteristics.
In reply to First post

by Muskan Dagar -

Reflecting on the Big Five Personality Test, I fall between extraversion and introversion. I mostly like to spend my work time alone but I do enjoy work related interactions with others. Coming to agreeableness, I get along with people easily and I consider this important when working in an organization in long term. I am detail oriented and goal-directed but not to the point where I become too rigid. I see being flexible as an important personality trait. Talking about neuroticism, every employee at some point faces stresses at work, and should practice how to deal with them. Being a Post Graduate in Arts, I'm always curious and creative in my approach. 

In reply to First post

by Tony Grimsley -

I tend to call in the extra version category. Because I'm not going, and my expression actually shows what I'm thinking or feeling at time. I am a fast learner and fast. Activate it in a way of positive progress. No, where am I heard of my sleeve. I'm a good communicator that likes to Express what I'm feeling. So there'll be no mistaken what I'm saying..

In reply to First post

by Anna Cotza -
Regarding to the Big Five Personality test, I'm an open-minded, imaginative and creative person. I think that my present attitude is the result of all my experiences, in my work life and in my private life. Facing problems in the job context and in the everyday life has helped me to develop a problem solving attitude and to find solutions: in this sense, my creativity has increased in years.
In reply to First post

by Inaki Villa -
After I reflected on the Big Five Personality Test, I could be defined as an introvert with high agreeableness, a good amount of conscientiousness, a small amount of neuroticism, and a person with a high level of openness. This is because although I do not interact with others much when the moment is needed I can easily connect with them and help them with whatever they need. I can say that I am very goal-oriented and open to many different ideas and ways to get to where I need to be. My traits have for sure changed over time but as of now, this is how I am. I hope to only get better from here.
In reply to First post

by Kathleen Clark -
The personality trait that most defines my individual preference is, by far, conscientiousness. I do consider myself to be a highly organized and dependable employee and person in general. I believe my coworkers would agree with this assessment. I think this is a trait that has gotten stronger with age as I've progressed in my career and level of responsibility both in and outside of the workplace.

I was surprised with my extraversion results, which do not indicate a strong preference as reserved or social. I tend to consider myself more reserved though I am able to manage through a group event when necessary.
In reply to First post

by Rebeca Ramirez -
I fall between extraversion and introversion. I really enjoy being alone but enjoy participating in group events. I always attend network events, but I know I can leave at any time. I am easy to get along and with my years in management, I've been able to connect with people differently according to their personalities. I don't like being in very busy places for long periods of time unless I am occupied.
In reply to First post

by Goitom Desaley -
The Big Five Personality Test, also known as the Five-Factor Model (FFM), is one of the most widely used frameworks for assessing personality traits. It's based on the idea that personality can be described in terms of five broad dimensions: openness to experience, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism (OCEAN). Here's a brief overview and discussion of each dimension:
Openness to Experience: This dimension measures a person's curiosity, creativity, and openness to new ideas and experiences. Individuals high in openness tend to be imaginative, adventurous, and intellectually curious. They enjoy exploring new concepts, ideas, and cultures. On the other hand, those low in openness may prefer routine, familiarity, and tradition.
Conscientiousness: Conscientiousness reflects the degree to which a person is organized, responsible, and dependable. Individuals high in conscientiousness are typically diligent, disciplined, and goal-oriented. They tend to plan ahead, work hard, and strive for achievement. Conversely, individuals low in conscientiousness may struggle with impulsivity, disorganization, and lack of follow-through.
Extraversion: Extraversion refers to the extent to which a person is outgoing, sociable, and energetic. Those high in extraversion are often assertive, talkative, and enthusiastic. They enjoy socializing, meeting new people, and engaging in stimulating activities. In contrast, introverts, who are low in extraversion, may prefer solitude, quiet activities, and deeper conversations with a few close friends.
Agreeableness: Agreeableness measures how compassionate, empathetic, and cooperative a person is. Individuals high in agreeableness are typically warm, trusting, and considerate of others' feelings. They value harmony and seek to maintain positive relationships. Conversely, individuals low in agreeableness may be more skeptical, competitive, and less concerned with others' well-being.
Neuroticism: Neuroticism reflects the tendency to experience negative emotions such as anxiety, depression, and moodiness. Individuals high in neuroticism are more prone to worry, stress, and emotional instability. They may be overly sensitive to criticism and prone to rumination. Conversely, those low in neuroticism tend to be emotionally stable, resilient, and better able to cope with life's challenges.
In reply to First post

by Julie LaRock -
My results surprised me slightly, but mostly they make sense with what I've learned about myself in the recent past. I am at the most ease reverting to being an introvert. I score quite high in conscientiousness and agreeableness. I scored lower than I thought I would on open-mindedness although, I'm not a risk taker - much more rule follower so, I can see where that score comes from. I'd love to learn to be more open minded, and even come in lower on negative emotions. I am working hard to unlearn unhealthy emotional responses, and so my score shows much improvement from years past which is exciting! I find that I am coming out of my shell out of necessity with work and life, and so while I am an introvert at my core, I have had to adapt and embrace a more extroverted lifestyle which has been fun but does tire me out.