Discussion: Unit 3

Make forum posts: 1

Discussion: Unit 3

Number of replies: 32
  1. When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful? What might you do differently based on this unit's readings?
  2. When communicating over the computer, what tactics have you found useful? What might you add to those based on this unit's readings?
  3. What are your own most effective ways of managing your time? What tips from this unit might help you do it better?
  4. Have you ever worked on a team project, either at work, on the job, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you sugg
In reply to First post

Re: Discussion: Unit 3

by HEAVENLY APIABSEH -

1) "When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful?"    "What might you do differently based on this unit's readings? " 👇👇     

The following techniques which I've found to be useful when speaking via telephone ☎️ are: 

•  It's necessary that one maintains a normal , cordial tone in the voice, so that customers listening would realise our dedication, patience, enthusiasm, and competency that we reflect towards them so as to seek a resolution.                                                   
  • It's necessary also to be prudent in word selection, especially as there're not visual cues; that is one should express outrightly unhurtful words.         
  •   One should also be concise, succinct, straight to the point 👉, and averting hanging on customers- especially when they're frustrated/ obsessed; additionally, one should maintain a normal speech rate 👏 👍 👌 😉 😀 and volume , so as to averting talking to them down.                  

• Since unanticipated/ anticipated issues may occurr with customers attempting to reach  CSWs-such as call transfers, network issues - it's essential that once confronted with frustrated customers, a word of apology be made so as to calm 😀 them. 

• In case of an urgent transfer, an elucidation be made as to why it's necessary; additionally, inform the co-worker/supervisor of the issue, and assure customers the resolution will be imminent  

• Considering back our past experiences of likewise situations /putting our ourselves in the position if another's shoe 👞 👟 🤔 can help us know how to deal with our customers' issues effectively, too.                                                                                                             
  •  When conversing with customers via ☎️ telephone, I've to focus and keenly at them, so as to know what actions to take, in case of any issue.                                                                                         
 2) "When communicating over the computer, what tactics have you found useful? " What might you add to those based on this unit's readings?" 👇                

•   Written messages online should be concise/ succinct for the reader so as to convey essential details.                     
  • Before attempting to send the message, review it after having had a fresh mind, so as to quickly and obviously notice any potential typos.                                          
  • The Internet being a valuable tool could I researching and issue you find unclear.                                                        
  • Using copy templates could help save time ⏲️ from writing ✍️ in scratch and avert typos, ambiguities, etc.                      
  • When emailing 📧 customers, one may include a greeting word- such as "Hello, Hi!" - so as to make the tone of the message cordial.                                                                                                   
  • Communicating online via the computer 🖥 requires minimal/ no distractions at all, so as to focus on writing concisely and succinctly, and as well as getting the attention of customers.   

3) "What are your own most effective ways of managing your time?  "What tips from this unit might help you do it better?"  👇👇

To manage my time ⏲️, I organise a timetable so that it can aid me in getting things done providentially. During the organising, I usually top the most priority that needs to be done, so as to averting getting occupied or focused by one thing , while leaving others behind; after that, I commence adopting the it so as to accomplish my tasks successfully.   

For instance, i do the following-

at 5am I often wake up to do sports first ; 

second,  I do housework and possible cooking 🍳; 

then, I study 📖 📓 ; 

after that, for relaxation/ leisure,  I either watch movies 🎬 🎞 🎥 🎦 📽 or spend time ⏲️ at the library (2hrs or so); etc.

Well, after returning from a day's task, it's usually good 👍 to rest for an hour or so, or apply some fun relaxing activites : 

• Listen to a bar of music 🎶;
  • Going to the gym 🏋️‍♂️ 💪;
  • Read 📚 story books 📚;
  • Go 🚶‍♂️ to the theater 🎥;
  • Cuddle up pets;
  • Do exercises; etc 

4) "Have you ever worked on a team project, either at work, on the job, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you suggest?"👇👇🏽

Well,  yes- a family task,and it was awesome 👌 👏 👍 😍!

-The suggestion I'd like to offer is, after virtually having a day's task- like studying 📚 or going to work - it's essential to relax ,or go for a siesta so that the mind and body refreshens back; otherwise the body might experience health complications, as the renowned saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 

Most importantly- it's good to keep in mind that it's not just about earning an income/living; but  organising one's self in a way that time for tasking and relaxing are arranged, so that everything is in a pure balance.

In reply to First post

by GRAIL APIABSEH -

When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful? 

Well, when  communicating on the telephone, I  usually apply some common sense skills such as:                                         ● communicate in a respected, polite way.                    

● Communicate with a tone that doesn't exhibit voice of superiority.

● Communicate -sometimes blended with suitable non- verbal communication ways; for example when talking on the phone, smile, this makes the customer feel that you have some interest and you're closely giving a listening ear .

● Communicate with a speech rate that matches with that of your customers; additionally, utilise simple succinct language, if possible, use words that are familiar to the customer .

● Communicate with full focus and concentration till the customer is done explaining or complaining what he wanted to say.     I can augment from what I've learnt in this unit to what I constantly apply,  like, seeking permission from customers before placing them on hold,  initiating a transfer and connecting  them with a new service representative ; and thank your customers for their patience and apologise for any delays.

When communicating over the computer, what tactics have you found useful? What might you add to those based on this unit's readings?   

Communicating via the computer is one of my best methods.  When I communicate over my computer, I do the following: 

☆ I make sure my message is clear, succinct and most importantly- brief; moreover,  containing suitable information that I wish to say or share!

☆ I try to make my message more appealing and interesting that even when a customer browses the Internet, he  sees a descriptive subject heading that might be of interest to him.

☆ Before  clicking to submit my message,.... I do a review, proofreading and editing for any typos, inappropriate usage of grammar and irrelevant information etc.     From this unit's reading's,  I can also apply some tactics such as-  utilising a template copy inorder to avoid ambiguities, inappropriate work or typos and misinformation. 

What are your own most effective ways of managing your time? What tips from this unit might help you do it better? 

The way I manage my time,  I do what is called scheduling of activities and prioritising. Scheduling of work: This is basically  planning when and how you want your work should be done,  e.g one can mark dates or do task reminding on phone or computer.  Prioritising: This is deciding which is  to come first; or in other words,  the  most important or urgent ones. I can also add based on this unit's readings- sufficient rest needed every 90mins- this helps keeps workers productivity and workers' maximum efficiency; creating time for relaxation and refreshment of the mind - such as:    • going for a gym, cuddling of pets; drawing or chatting with friends etc.

Have you ever worked on a team project, either at work, on the job, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you suggest? 

Working on a team project is somehow my  favourite job. I have ever worked on a team project where I was called to be the team leader or the Head at my workplace.  It wasn't really an easy task, though achievement  finally came in.  Though team projects might not be everyone's favourite, but it doesn't also mean that it's to be avoided. It rather teaches  how to organise things as a leader and how ideas can either be developed or integrated for the purpose of better results. I don't think I really have much to share ,but here is what I can suggest: being a leader of a team project means foreseeing well in advance any problem that might arise and  suggesting and implementing a solution. Suggesting or accepting ideas from the team and integrating them as one inorder that they work effectively. 

Attachment Amazon Customer Service Center Huntington.jpg
Attachment Central customer service center of Austin Station (20181013192640).jpg
Attachment Customer service center in Jordan in 2019 Black Friday event.jpg
Attachment NYCT Customer Service Center Opens by Appointment Only with COVID Protections (50091056063).jpg
In reply to First post

by Samantha Tait -
1. When talking on the telephone, I have found it useful to let the other person say what they need to say because when both people are talking it is hard to figure out who is going to continue and who is going to listen since you won't have the nonverbal queues like you do in person. When I am working at the front desk at work and there is a lot going on at once instead of answering the phone and telling the caller "please hold" turning that into a question will make them less angry if they have a problem and to also apologize for the hold when returning to the line.

2. When communicating on the computer such as email, it is important to check over everything before sending to make sure your message is coming off as it is intended to and that there are no spelling or grammar errors.

3. I have found that if I make a list of everything I have to get done and simply go down the list things get done faster and I don't feel so unorganized. Taking small breaks after a while of working can make you work more efficiently.

4. I work as a team every day at work. I was used to working as a team with people before I got this job so it was a small adjustment for me based on the people I was working with. Some suggestions I have is to make sure everyone gets to feel heard on their ideas and do not shoot them down right away think about each idea and work together to pick the best option.
In reply to First post

by Michael Bernardi -
1. Techniques that are useful when talking on the phone are using the right tone when speaking to a customer, speaking at the right speed and not overwhelming the customer, and efficiently figuring out the problem and finding a solution for the customer.

2. Tactics I have found useful in communicating over the computer is making your message clear and easy to understand but not over-complicating or writing an unnecessary amount of words that will overwhelm your reader.

3. Affective ways to manage your time include Prioritizing tasks, Setting goals, practicing time management, and minimizing distractions. All of these skills are effective ways to manage your time.

4. The last project I worked on was in my business management class and some of the skills I learned to effectively complete the project with my classmates were staying on the same page, being open-minded to other ideas, and doing my part to help complete the project to the best of my ability to ensure a good grade for me and my classmates.
In reply to First post

by FAICAL ABASSISSE -
I am committed to delivering exceptional customer service by combining in-depth product knowledge with effective communication skills. I strive to understand and address customer needs promptly, ensuring a positive experience. Additionally, I am adaptable to different communication channels and technologies, facilitating seamless interactions. My focus is on continuous improvement and learning to enhance my ability to meet customer expectations.
In reply to First post

by Churchill Eze -

1. When conversing over the phone, using words like "okay" or "alright" proved to be effective in assuring the listener that I was being attentive. This type of method is referred to as paralanguage, according to the unit's readings.
  2. Some basic tips I've applied when communicating via video call on a PC are to sit upright at arm's length from the monitor and ensure the lighting in the room is suitable for video clarity.
  3. To manage my time better, I try to organize daily tasks to be done in a practical routine. One tip from the unit that saves time is to use a template for customer service emails. Since customer inquiries are common, the template can allow a worker to quickly edit it to address each unique customer inquiry promptly.
  4. When I worked on a team for a school project, I found that sharing responsibility and communicating progressively about each completed task resulted in efficient teamwork. I would suggest that team members keep each other up to date on their progress with their respective tasks. Doing so helps prevent confusion and misunderstanding.

In reply to First post

by Adeola Iyiola -

1. Communication on phone is also a crucial part in the work of customer service worker, talking to someone patiently and the tone of your voice must be so well pleasing so as to assure the customers that you're attending to them well.

2. When communicating on computer it's important to be conscious of typos to avoid mistake and interpretation of words, it's also important to be concise, clear so the customer will be able to relate with well.

3. As a worker it's essentially schedule how the day will be spent and how well you will be productive in other to set time for relaxation to avoid atrocities in the work place.

4. I've once worked together with a team which it went smoothly cause there was cooperation between us and the team leader makes us feel like we are family that can't be separated which also build a good outcome of our job. Working with teams is one of the best job.

In reply to First post

by Khya Baldwin -
When talking on the telephone, I get a bit nervous before hand, but I just write down what I’m going to say beside me.

I find when managing my time that the most effective way to do this is to create a routine for myself and stick to it.
In reply to First post

by Agape C. Bright -

1. When talking on the phone, some techniques I've found useful includes;

Speaking with a tone that does not give my listener the wrong interpretation of what I mean.

Speaking in a tone that matches my listener, e.g speaking like my listener.

Maintaining a respectful tone and a normal speech speed, not too fast, not too slow.

2. Use of polite words, since my listener does not have a face-face contact with me, it will be best for me that I speak politely.

In case of any need to transfer a customer to another CSW or department, asking for their permission to do so and also briefing the CSW on the customer's issue is useful.

3. To manage my time, I make a timetable, more like a "to-do-list" so that it can aid me in getting things done accordingly and on time. During the organising, I usually top the most priority that needs to be done, so as to averting getting occupied or focused by one thing. Basically my to-do-list is in order of importance and this helps me accomplish tasks efficiently.

4. When I worked on a team for, I found out that sharing responsibility and communicating progressively about each completed task resulted in efficient teamwork.

In reply to First post

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to First post

by Khya Baldwin -
When talking on the telephone, I have found that using clear and concise language is essential to ensure effective communication.

As far as managing my times I like to create a to do list for each day.
In reply to First post

by MARY EFEH -

1: When talking on the telephone, the techniques I’ve found useful is that it is necessary that one’s voice and the voice of a customer become the essential medium of communication  

It is good to set my vocabulary level to match that of a customer 

One should speak at a proper rate of speed and volume with a tone that conveys commitment and competency 

2: When communicating over the computer, I found it’s useful that my email should cover one or two critical topics. I must convey important detail while maintaining a cordial tone

Be sure to use a descriptive subject heading just so the intent of my message is clear 

Also check my message for clarity and most importantly typographical errors before sending out a message or post. For instance this unit discussion is a typical example of checking out your message for errors before posting I believe mistakes are bound to happen while typing and to avoid that,it needs a thorough review and I implement doing this all the time  

3: How I manage my time,I do what needs to be done,by making sure I work on the right things I sometimes write them out or make a schedule on how I want to manage my time and taking a break after a long day can make it work out well too. 

In reply to First post

by Amr Hanafy Abd Elmaged Saleh Abu-zeid -
-When speaking on the phone, what techniques have you found useful? What could you do differently based on the readings from this unit?
Listen carefully to the customer, try to sympathize with his discomfort, and ensure that his problem is solved immediately, and we will contact him very soon.
-When communicating via computer, what techniques have you found useful? What can you add to these based on the readings for this unit?
Responding quickly if the task is completed or if a commodity is offered to the customer by presenting its benefits to the customer
-What are the most effective ways to manage your time? What tips from this module might help you do this better?
Sleeping early reduces family problems, strengthens the mind and immunity, then leads to concentration, tolerance of work pressures, completion of work in a good time, and preserves energy to do other things after work.
- Have you ever worked on a group project, whether at work, at work, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you suggest-
Yes, but if you work with great enthusiasm, you will be given additional work from other people, and there will be great pressure that may result in serious mistakes and great responsibility... I advise balance in work and assistance when needed, and the work is distributed through the supervisor to determine responsibility, and I do not advise refusing any additional work or assistance. A co-worker, but after completing your basic work and with the knowledge of the supervisor
In reply to First post

by Ahmed Shah -

When talking on the telephone, active listening and clear communication are essential techniques. From this unit's readings, I would emphasize the importance of using positive language and mirroring the caller's tone to build rapport.

When communicating over the computer, clear and concise writing is key. In addition to that, incorporating empathy and emotional intelligence into written communication can enhance understanding and collaboration. From this unit's readings, I might add strategies for managing virtual meetings effectively, such as setting clear agendas and utilizing collaborative tools.

My most effective ways of managing time include prioritizing tasks, setting deadlines, and using productivity tools. From this unit's readings, I could incorporate techniques for overcoming procrastination and optimizing time management, such as the Pomodoro Technique or time-blocking.

I have worked on numerous team projects, both at work and in family settings. Overall, the experiences have been positive, as effective communication and collaboration were key. I would suggest emphasizing clear roles and responsibilities, fostering open communication, and celebrating milestones to ensure successful teamwork.

In reply to First post

by Oyedoyin Oladapo -
Some of the techniques l found useful is to smile while receiving phone call from a customer, relax and calm spirit and pay attention to details, do not interrupt and empathize with the customer.

Some of the tactic found useful is to use nonverbal cue like Humm, verbal cues like l'm getting your point ,ma. Oh, it would be done, l'm sorry for what happened, use of humor, good gesture and high level of assertiveness.

The most effective of using my time is to plan for every activities and alloted time each task.

I have worked with a team on a project, we followed instructions given and l help everyone to complete their task since the overall achievement is for everybody. It is a team work, therefore, one must able to help the weak one and relate with each member based on their level of understanding and strength.

What l can suggest is that, any thing called team work should be done with common vision, complementary one another and unity should be displayed.
In reply to First post

by Virginia Michael -
1. When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful? What might you do differently based on this unit's readings? It is very important to maintain a normal , cordial tone in the voice, also smile so that customers listening would realize our dedication, patience, enthusiasm, and competency that we reflect towards them so as to seek a resolution.

2. When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful? What might you do differently based on this unit's readings? It is very important to take a pause and preview your message before sending it in order to correct some typo error and avoid some grammatical error. The use of Templates can also help save time and improve productivity.

3. What are your own most effective ways of managing your time? What tips from this unit might help you do it better? It is very important to rest especially after the days task and try as much as possible not to go home with all the worries and frustration from customer or even a team member or colleague

4. Have you ever worked on a team project, either at work, on the job, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you sugg
I have worked on a family task and it was successful and I have also worked with my team members which was a very lovely experience. I suggestion that we have enough rest after the days task and always do what makes you happy.
In reply to First post

by Ambrasha Mask -
We must keep in mind, when speaking on the phone, we typically lack visual cues. We must rely on the tone of voice and word connections to provide cues. I have witnessed firsthand how these cues can easily be distorted and misinterpreted. The techniques I have found useful when talking on the phone are as follows:
1. I ensure my voice sounds calm and friendly to convey warmth and concern. This also allows the projection of dedication with enthusiasm and competency.
2. Using a clear, normal volume, with short words and sentences lessens the chance of making a call more stressful than it may already be.
3. I always obtain the customers' permission before placing them on hold or transferring them.
4. I make sure I check back in with the customer holding with updates or just to let them know I am still here.
5. During a transfer I wait to speak to the new representative to provide them a summary of the customers' needs or concerns. I ensure the customer and new rep are introduced, the customer is thanked, and reassure them that the issue will be resolved.

The tactics I found useful when communicating over the computer are as follows:
1. I ensure the correspondence is brief and clear. The correspondence still conveys any important details and maintains a cordial tone.
2. I have found that utilizing template copies when available helps tremendously with cutting out extra work, mistakes, and misinformation.
Based on this unit's reading I will be adding:
1. Descriptive subject headings will be utilized to ensure the clarity of my message's intent and make searching for the e-mails easier later on.
2. I will keep future emails or online postings short, covering one to two critical topics, and use a separate message to cover more than that if necessary.

I must admit that I struggle with effectively managing my time. I have mastered time management regarding the professional aspect of my life, but the personal side struggles. I must protect my peace and energy at work. I am the go-to for everything it seems. It has harmed my physical and mental well-being. Ultimately, creating time for relaxation and other activities just for me would be a major help to rejuvenate and keep a healthy perspective on work and life.

The last team project I worked on was home-based. We were recently doing a spring cleaning, which consisted of myself and four children. The project was a failure. What was supposed to take maybe a week is still unfinished at week three. My suggestions for future projects such as the one I discussed are as follows:
1. Clearly define duties, interim mileposts, and expected end goals.
2. Bruce Tuckman's standard process for team development could have provided better direction for the team. Team assembly, inventory of collective skill base taken, and team direction defined should have taken place during the forming phase. The storming phase is where territories are staked, conflicting personalities are observed, and differing visions are argued. The norming phase is where the team details could have been agreed upon and a group norm is established.
In reply to First post

by Soukaina Farhoun -
When talking on the telephone, I've found it useful to speak clearly and politely, actively listen to the caller's concerns, and maintain a calm demeanor. However, based on this unit's readings, I might further emphasize the importance of using positive language, expressing empathy, and confirming understanding by summarizing the conversation or asking clarifying questions.

When communicating over the computer, I've found it helpful to use clear and concise language, organize my thoughts before typing, and proofread my messages before sending. To enhance these tactics, I might add the use of appropriate tone and language tailored to the recipient, as well as incorporating active listening techniques even in written communication.

In managing my time effectively, I prioritize tasks, set specific goals and deadlines, and utilize tools like calendars and to-do lists. To improve, I could implement techniques such as time blocking, minimizing distractions, and regularly reviewing and adjusting my schedule based on progress and priorities.

Regarding team projects, I've had both successful and challenging experiences. In some instances, clear communication, collaboration, and delegation of tasks led to successful outcomes, while in others, conflicts or lack of coordination hindered progress. To improve team projects, I suggest establishing clear roles and responsibilities, fostering open communication, and addressing conflicts promptly and constructively.
In reply to First post

by amy nunez -
1. When talking on the telephone some techniques that I’ve found useful are having a cordial tone in the voice, practicing patience through the phone, not rushing customers to get to the point when they’re trying to give you as much information as possible. Do not yell, scream, or be unpolite. Always be respectful and as useful as can be. When being confronted with difficult customers, always remain calm and be understanding.

2. When communicating over the computer, I found that it saves more paper and keeps your desk clutter free. Not only that, but when communicating through phone you get to help the customer with their problem while they’re talking to you. I feel like when a customer is face-to-face with you, you should give them your undivided attention and they should not feel ignored while you’re trying to resolve the issue. Meanwhile via computer, the customer does not look at you and you have a better chance of helping and leading them while resolving the issue. Always make sure everything is checked and spelled correctly handling anything via computer.

3. To organize my time, I use a calendar and my alarm on my phone to help me. I always write out my “To Do’s” for the week and I keep my alarms and reminders on my phone to help me be on track. I think that taking a minute from working can make me less stressful or overwhelm and helps me be more efficient.

4. I’ve personally have worked on a team project. This project was done at school with some classmates. I would say that it made me realize that I like to work alone. I like to do my work my way and how I think it’s best for me to do it. In a team project, you have all these ideas from different people, and you need to consider these ideas in a team project. Although I will say, it isn’t that bad to work with teammates because you have the chance to correct any mistakes or doing the job 10X better.
In reply to First post

by Stephen Obiri-Ibe -
Speaking on the phone is quite different from face-to-face as you can’t use gestures. The techniques I have used and found helpful when talking on the phone includes using a polite tone with simple and short sentences so the customer can understand better, If I need to put them on to another representative, I always explain why I need to do that and take permission from them before I do it.

When communicating over the telephone, the tactics I have found helpful includes starting with friendly greetings like hello, hi etc, proofreading messages before sending, having concise messages that coherently convey essential details, saving time by using copy templates which also helps avert typos.

Managing my time is something that I still work on as sometimes things don’t really work out according to schedule. Asides the professional part where I spend time at work, I try to maximize my free time when I’m not working so I can let go off some stress and balance work and personal life. I have a schedule and a to-do list which helps me carry out activities as planned.

Yes, I have worked on team projects and the last one went well, it was successful although we weren’t sure we would complete it at the start because duties weren’t divided, and tasks weren’t assigned. Apparently, most team members felt that had other things to do and scheduling a time for meetings and doing the project was stressful, but everyone had to put in the work to get the project ready just in time although some team members multitasked on the project just to get it done. For future projects, I would recommend first dividing duties, assigning tasks and fixing clear deadlines as we progress so everyone knows what is expected of them at every point in time. Collective effort from team members so other team members don’t do much more work than they should have.
In reply to First post

by Shiela Maree Pino -
When talking on the telephone, I've found it useful to speak clearly and politely, actively listen to the caller, and maintain a professional tone. However, based on this unit's readings, I might also focus more on using positive language, empathizing with the caller's situation, and providing reassurance when addressing their concerns.

When communicating over the computer, I've found it helpful to be concise in my messages, use appropriate tone and language, and respond promptly. To enhance my communication based on this unit's readings, I might also pay more attention to nonverbal cues in written communication, such as using emoticons or emojis to convey tone, and ensuring that my messages are culturally sensitive and inclusive.

In terms of managing my time, I find that creating to-do lists, prioritizing tasks, and setting deadlines are effective strategies. To improve my time management skills further, I could implement techniques like the Pomodoro Technique, where I work in focused intervals with short breaks in between, and practice saying no to tasks that are not essential or urgent.

Regarding team projects, I've worked on several at work and within my family. Overall, they have been successful, but there were challenges along the way, such as coordinating schedules, communicating effectively, and managing different opinions and personalities. To improve future team projects, I would suggest establishing clear goals and roles from the outset, fostering open communication and collaboration, and addressing conflicts promptly and constructively.
In reply to First post

by Bayode Yejide Oluwafunmilola -
When talking on the telephone, I've learned that it's important to listen attentively, since there are no visual cues. I try to speak politely and clearly, using simple words and adjusting my words to match the customer's pace and tone. Based on this unit's readings, I would also focus on giving small verbal acknowledgements to reassure the customer that I'm engaged in the conversation.

For computer communications, I aim to keep texts clear and concise, avoiding long messages to prevent overwhelming the reader.

Regarding time management, I use to-do lists and the Pomodoro technique, which helps me stay focused and efficient.

I have worked on team projects and often find myself taking the lead. To ensure everyone participates, I distribute tasks fairly, making sure everyone is working on something they're good at.
In reply to First post

by Abdon Le Roy Nkada -

1) When talking on phone, what techniques have you found useful ? What might you do differently based on this unit reading ?

When phoning, i present my company's name, my service 's name and mine,

In a normal, cordial tone in voice,

I apologize for a frustrated customer,

Listening my customer issue,

Remain calme, empathetic, and speak clearly, word choosing and in the polite manner,

I am concise and problem-solving focused,

I prevent my customer in case of urgent transfert, prevent my supervisor and assure the customer that the supervisor is aware,

Cordially thanks the customer at the end for his patience.

2) When communication over the computer, what tactics have you found useful ? What might you add to those base on this unit ?

I clear and check my ideas before writing through reasearches,

Write an appealing object,

I use greeting words,

I am writing concise, succinct and brief messages,

I use short sentences and word,

And just a subject per message.

3) What are your own most effective ways of managing your time ? What tips from this unit might help you do better ?

I use time table,

My activities are gathered according to thier importance and priorités,

I give myself relaxation and leisure Time.

4) Have you ever worked on team project either at work, on the job or just a family task?

We first set up the goal,

Designate team leader,

Share every one's rôle,

Prepare team policies and normes.

In reply to First post

by Senniesha Santos -
1) "When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful?" "What might you do differently based on this unit's readings? "

It's necessary that one maintains a normal , cordial tone in the voice, so that customers listening would realise our dedication, patience, enthusiasm, and competency that we reflect towards them so as to seek a resolution.
It's necessary also to be prudent in word selection, especially as there're not visual cues; that is one should express outrightly unhurtful words.
One should also be concise, succinct, straight to the point , and averting hanging on customers- especially when they're frustrated/ obsessed; additionally, one should maintain a normal speech rate and volume , so as to averting talking to them down.
Since unanticipated/ anticipated issues may occurr with customers attempting to reach CSWs-such as call transfers, network issues - it's essential that once confronted with frustrated customers, a word of apology be made so as to calm them.
In case of an urgent transfer, an elucidation be made as to why it's necessary; additionally, inform the co-worker/supervisor of the issue, and assure customers the resolution will be imminent
Considering back our past experiences of likewise situations /putting our ourselves in the position if another's shoe can help us know how to deal with our customers' issues effectively, too.
When conversing with customers via telephone, I've to focus and keenly at them, so as to know what actions to take, in case of any issue.
2) "When communicating over the computer, what tactics have you found useful? " What might you add to those based on this unit's readings?"
Written messages online should be concise/ succinct for the reader so as to convey essential details.
Before attempting to send the message, review it after having had a fresh mind, so as to quickly and obviously notice any potential typos.
The Internet being a valuable tool could I researching and issue you find unclear.
Using copy templates could help save time from writing in scratch and avert typos, ambiguities, etc.
When emailing customers, one may include a greeting word- such as "Hello, Hi!" - so as to make the tone of the message cordial.
Communicating online via the computer requires minimal/ no distractions at all, so as to focus on writing concisely and succinctly, and as well as getting the attention of customers.

3) "What are your own most effective ways of managing your time? "What tips from this unit might help you do it better?"

I manage my time by organizing my work and schedule to do most urgent and important things to the least urgent ones.

4) "Have you ever worked on a team project, either at work, on the job, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you suggest?"

I have worked on a group project and It is very important when different minds join together to come up with an excellent solution to any situation or planning. All of the teams that I've worked, I always ask the other what can contribute or what are their suggestions and then we combine everything and make improvements where it is needed and then the result always comes out great
In reply to First post

by gabriela fabris -
useful tips:
1. Using the right tone and speed, paralanguage
2. Before attempting to send the message, review it after having had a fresh mind
3. Prioritizing activities, scheduling, making a list
4. Be open to other opinions and ideas
In reply to First post

by Peter Alferieff -
1. I think its very useful to confirm that I'm listening to the other party, especially if they are doing most of the talking. This is easy to do; a simple "uh-huh" or "yeah" will do the trick. Using a lively tone which shows some interest is also useful. If the other other party perceives me as bored due to my tone, they may assume I'm not interested and therefore not doing a good job at serving them.
2. In terms of emails, I always double check them for errors such as spelling or grammar. I also write in a simple matter and explain the situation in a way that anyone can understand. I do this to make sure there is no confusion or misunderstandings. I also spend time deciding on the write tone for the email. For example, the the tone may be friendly and cordial but with a serious undertone.
3. I like to write things which need to be done on a calendar. I've found that without doing this, I will always forget something.
4. I have worked on various team projects. If goals are not set and responsibilities are not agreed upon prior to starting the project, there are often problems. One person, doesn't do enough or another becomes too bossy and attempts to takeover. Agreeing on who does what first solves this problem.
In reply to First post

by Donye' Dickens -
1. When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful? What might you do differently based on this unit's readings?
When talking on the telephone, having empathy, active listen2ing, clear communications, and problem solving just to name a few are techniques that I have found useful. Some things I would do differently based on the unit’s reading is the hold time when talking to a customer, doing more of a follow up. Meaning when you get off the phone with the customer, make sure that the problem/ issue was resolved.
2. When communicating over the computer, what tactics have you found useful? What might you add to those based on this unit's readings?
When communicating over the computer, some tactics I have found to be useful is making sure that you proofread, have clarity, and making sure that you are paying attention to what is at hand. To add on what we read in this unit, I will say making sure that there is feedback, to give those improvements to make sure what is being put out is correct or to see is there something that can be different.
3. What are your own most effective ways of managing your time? What tips from this unit might help you do it better?
My effect way that I manage my time is that I don’t to be honest. As a parent my schedule fluctuates all the time when it comes to sports, academics and just down time. Trying to keep him on a regimen for bed time can be hard. But doing some trial and errors definitely help me to make sure he is in bed by 9:30pm. I think being strict on the time managing would help a lot and not just freelancing it.
4. Have you ever worked on a team project, either at work, on the job, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you suggest
Yes, I have worked on a team project before. I have many experiences and each one has been different. I love when I have a group and where everyone does their part. I have experienced where I was in a group project and only half of the team did the job and others ended up slacking. It’s hard because when it comes to it being graded for school, you want to make sure that everyone does a good job and get the grade that is deserved.