Vocabulary Building Discussion

Make forum posts: 1

Vocabulary Building Discussion

Number of replies: 675

Now that you know more about vocabulary strategies, pick a strategy to try today. Give it a try, and then write about it in the discussion forum. Did it work for you? What new words did you learn? Share the strategy you chose to build your vocabulary.

In reply to First post

Re: Vocabulary Building Discussion

by Inayat Ullah -
I will remember and learn everyday.
In reply to Inayat Ullah

by Naveen Kumar -
I will learn and remember it everyday
In reply to Naveen Kumar

by MEHEDI HASAN RIZVE -
There are many words that I have committed to memory and it is not possible to say all of them in this part, and I am completely satisfied with all parts of the test.
In reply to Naveen Kumar

by Amani Thaer -
Thinking about not thinking needs thinking
In reply to Naveen Kumar

by Bushra Doc -
Hello every one!
I hope you are all healthy and happy.
I learned a lot about improving vocabulary in this section. All of the strategies have been helpful and have their merits, but now I'm starting to create my own lexicon to jot down every new word I discover as I read. And then, I review the words and use them in my daily conversation. It helps me a lot to have a set of words and repeat them every day. Also, reading voraciously is another useful strategy for me.
In reply to Naveen Kumar

by Jan Reymarc Gayo -
writing it can also help you memorize
In reply to Jan Reymarc Gayo

by Roseth Labayan -
Using all the senses in learning something can increase the chance for us to better understand a certain topic.
In reply to Jan Reymarc Gayo

by Roseth Labayan -
Our learnings is more effective when we apply it in our everyday activities like conversation with other and so on.
In reply to Inayat Ullah

by Regina Anastasia -
yess same me too it will really helpful if we can use it dayli
In reply to First post

by Jomakhan Safdary -
There are many words that I have committed to memory and it is not possible to say all of them in this part, and I am completely satisfied with all parts of the test.
In reply to First post

by Lyn 369 -
Making speaking skills a priority is important when learning new vocabulary in a language, This includes practicing speaking and using new vocabulary in practical contexts to reinforce their meanings and usages, By applying this strategy, language skills and expression can be improved faster and more effectively.
In reply to Lyn 369

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to First post

by Rihab Ben -
One effective strategy for learning new vocabulary in a language and improving language skills is to practice using the words in practical contexts to reinforce their meanings and usages. This involves seeking out opportunities to speak in the target language and using the new vocabulary in daily conversations. Regular dialogue practice with native speakers or joining language study groups can help improve speaking skills and confidence in using new vocabulary.

It is important to use the new vocabulary in appropriate contexts and in the correct manner to reinforce understanding and proper usage. In addition to speaking practice, broadening vocabulary can also be achieved by reading articles, books, watching movies, and TV shows in the target language.

By applying this strategy, learners can develop a deeper understanding of the language and build fluency and accuracy in their speech. Consistent practice and application of new vocabulary in practical contexts can help learners communicate more effectively and confidently in the target language.
In reply to First post

by Bekzat Arysbayeva -
Reading aloud all the sentences of text is really helps me in learning foreign languages. Therefore, I can practice my language through asking its questions.
In reply to First post

by Sefakor Agordo -
I have learned that I have to use my new words learned or I will lose it.
In reply to Sefakor Agordo

by Nourelhouda Benbrahim -

I enjoy Reading a lot and i find it so usefull top improve my vocabulary everyday 

In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Chan Myae Aung -

Yep, I haven't learned any vocabulary yet because I only just learned how to practice it a few hours ago. But now that I have discovered 'Saylor Academy,' I will try using their vocabulary strategies

In reply to Chan Myae Aung

by Mohammad Zahir Modabber -

Hi 

I hope you healthy, I want to use new vocabulary and improve my language 

Saylor academy is helping me to learn English language 

In reply to First post

by Mukhtar Abdulkadir Sani -

I've tried reading books today. I was able to amass vocabulary words that I can use in my day-to-day conversation.

In reply to First post

by Cendrella Saad -
English is a global language, studying english will improve your skills, help to meet new people, find a good job and its the language of the internet and media industry
In reply to First post

by Mohamad Jdeed -
Actually, I noticed a lot of vocabulary in my dictionary to repeat every day
In reply to First post

by Sindhuja Ananth -
I will practice the vocabularies in usage as per my situations.
In reply to First post

by R. Manju Nath -
I will practice the vocabularies in usage as per my situation
In reply to First post

by Kristine Baluyo -
There are some vocabulary strategies that I have learned in this lesson. Like reading a lot of books, it is the very best way to learn new vocabulary. And I started to read books and try to speak English too, as my new hobby.
In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Donn Msomi -
Write the vocabulary word in Bold in brackets write a definition and read it everyday
In reply to First post

by Faten Hameed -
I will learn new word every day and keep practice to improve my English
In reply to First post

by Kok Gog -
One effective strategy for learning new vocabulary in a language and improving language skills is to practice using the words in practical contexts to reinforce their meanings and usages. This involves seeking out opportunities to speak in the target language and using the new vocabulary in daily conversations. Regular dialogue practice with native speakers or joining language study groups can help improve speaking skills and confidence in using new vocabulary.

It is important to use the new vocabulary in appropriate contexts and in the correct manner to reinforce understanding and proper usage. In addition to speaking practice, broadening vocabulary can also be achieved by reading articles, books, watching movies, and TV shows in the target language.

By applying this strategy, learners can develop a deeper understanding of the language and build fluency and accuracy in their speech. Consistent practice and application of new vocabulary in practical contexts can help learners communicate more effectively and confidently in the target language.
In reply to First post

by Elia Rin -
Being on this course is the strategy itself. You will definitely learn tons of new words. "Voraciously" - the word I've learned yesterday.
In reply to First post

by Alex Ferr -

Well, I listen to songs, do notes and read it everyday. And I speak alone hahaha

In reply to First post

by Pooja Saxena -
First of all, I would like to thank Saylor Academy, where I learned a lot of strategies to increase my vocabulary. I will use these strategies in my daily routine, starting with "use it or lose it" and reading voraciously.
In reply to First post

by Ahmad Zia Jalalzai -
I will apply all the vocabulary strategies in my daily routines and in my next learning periods. that was so sufficient for remembering new words.

best regard Jalalzai
In reply to First post

by Safa Ulde -
Picking a new word, making a note of it, writing it down along with its meaning and trying to use it in my daily conversation. Few of the new words were - serendipity, integrity, exquisite, etc ...
In reply to First post

by James Lowrence Nolasco -
I tried the strategy of following a process. I installed an app on my mobile that shows a new word everyday including its definition. I already placed the widget on my home screen so I could check it as often as I can.

The first word I learned today is "Tenacious". It is an adjective which means persistent or determined.
In reply to First post

by Jesmina Khatun -
I will try to use as much new words as I can in my daily conversation.
In reply to First post

by NABIL SOUIRI -
Actually i have been memorizing words the wrong way before getting to take this course.. but, i realized that the best way to build a vocabulary backround is by knowing it's root and understading it rather than memorizing it .
In reply to First post

by kossi dodzi keglo -
I will dedicate 15 to 30 minutes daily to learn English vocabulary, grammar lessons by listening and reading resources. After, i will respond to quiz to evaluate my learning. Having Fun while learning is very important, so during my free time, i will play words game like crossword etc .
In reply to First post

by Glenda Jimenez -
I will keep on reading books and note new words for further improvement of my vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Enelie Mae Umbac -
Learn One New Word a Day

Yes, it worked. Once everyday is enough than nothing at all.
In reply to First post

by Fherilyn Bea Ituralde -
Learn at least one word everyday. For example, the new words I learned today are; somber which means dull, and demeanor which means behavior. Learning at least one word a day will help us to at least widen our vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Joana Marie Lapig -
Read. Just keep on reading, if you encounter unfamiliar words, search its meaning. And that is how you will be able to learn new things, new words everyday.
In reply to First post

by Lie Santoso -

I learn new word as " voraciously" and "callous ". I will give it a try to my vocabulary mind  by non stop reading and search the contexts meaning afterwards.

In reply to First post

by Nura Bishir -
Based on what I have learned, my best vocabulary learning strategy is reading voracious materials and getting competent of using these particular words in content. And today I have learned "on the breadline" when someone is poor.
In reply to First post

by Jade Xhua -
I do read English material everyday such as book,magazines, and fun facts, hahaha fan of the oxford comma. I also write english essays and short story.
In reply to First post

by Nidhi Bagla -
Yes it worked.
New word learnt is discombobulation.
One way to learn new vocabulary words is to look for synonyms, make an association with your own experience, figure out its antonym, and practice the word in a sentence or conversation using your association.
In reply to First post

by Lyca Mae Eronico -
It doesn't matter who you are, but in your own special way your a star.
In reply to First post

by Yusuff Adewale -
I have been able to improve my vocabulary building using word of the day strategy.
Congested
In reply to First post

by Hussnain Muavia -
Making speaking skills a priority is important when learning new vocabulary in a language, This includes practicing speaking and using new vocabulary in practical contexts to reinforce their meanings and usages, By applying this strategy, language skills and expression can be improved faster and more effectively.
In reply to First post

by ERJ H. -
There are a lot to learn, I believe the more you read, the wider your vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Francois van der merwe -
In reply to First post

by Ronny S -
It's not possible to write everything about what I learning and reading but sure I am satisfied and would keep practise to be better.thanks
In reply to First post

by Krysta Binggan -
Learning comes with dedication, and with dedication it requires me to fully integrate it even in my daily life, so I thank salyor.org for this opportunity to learn cost-free.
In reply to First post

by Nazish Fatima -
I love to learn new things and at that time i want to say that i have learned alot of information about the correct useage of vocabulary.i learn English daily and at the very first day of learning English i put my huge Struggle to learn English Step by step.
In reply to Nazish Fatima

by Cielo Raquel Navalta -
Speaking English, watching English movies and using context clues worked for me in improving my English
In reply to First post

by Jimmy Richard Quezada Contreras -
Set specific goals: Determine the number of new words you want to learn each day or week. Make sure the goals are realistic and achievable.

Contextualize the words: Instead of just memorizing isolated words, learn them in meaningful contexts. Read books, articles, and other authentic materials that expose you to a wide range of vocabulary.

Use flashcards or vocabulary apps: Create flashcards or use vocabulary apps like Anki, Quizlet, or Memrise to practice and review the words regularly. Include the word, its definition, example sentences, and any other relevant information.

Practice with word associations: Associate new words with related words or concepts that you already know. This helps in forming connections and enhancing retention.

Engage in active learning: Actively use the new vocabulary in speaking, writing, and listening exercises. Practice using the words in sentences and try to incorporate them into your daily conversations.

Keep a vocabulary journal: Maintain a notebook or digital document where you record new words, their meanings, and example sentences. Review this journal regularly to reinforce your learning.

Use mnemonic techniques: Create mnemonics or visual associations to help remember difficult words. This can involve creating vivid mental images or making connections to personal experiences.

Review and revise regularly: Consistent review is crucial for retaining new vocabulary. Schedule regular revision sessions to reinforce what you've learned and prevent forgetting.

Engage in immersive activities: Surround yourself with English language media, such as movies, TV shows, podcasts, and music. This exposure helps reinforce vocabulary in a natural and engaging way.

Practice with others: Engage in conversations or language exchange activities with native English speakers or fellow learners. This provides opportunities to use the new vocabulary and receive feedback.
In reply to First post

by sheena may luyahan -
Everytime i would encounter difficult or new words i search for its meaning and remember it...
In reply to First post

by Maria Erika Esguerra -
My 'new' favorite English word is erudite, someone with great knowledge in a specific field.
My strategy for building a better foundation in my English vocabulary is to incorporate the English language into my daily activity, it sounds trying hard but it is yet the most effective way for me.
In reply to First post

by Samah Farouk -
I will write any new synonym and repeat every day
In reply to First post

by Kathleen Nicdao -
I will develop a reading habit and try my best to use the new words in conversation.
In reply to First post

by Novahu Medidi -
Yes. It worked for me the strategies I came to know by Saylor.org. I continue to do the same to learn more vocabulary to improve my English.
In reply to First post

by Joshua Y -
I am not able remember all the words i will check through it and make myself correct
In reply to First post

by Selvin S. -
I will remember and learn everyday
In reply to First post

by Miken Sapkota -
Since, i come across alot of new words day by day, what i suggest and what method i use is to note down the new words immediately in a copy and know its meaning by refering the word to either dictionary or google.
In reply to First post

by Language English -

I completed all the tests successfully. If I talk about how I managed to memorize the vocabularies, simply applied the strategy of finding synonym and antonym of the same word, making a sentence on them and using them in a conversation.

In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Gifty Sharon Jacob -
To improve the reading and proper vocabulary as well as focus on grammer learning
In reply to First post

by Thirsa Peram -
I like to learn new vocabulary using flashcards.
Words that I learned
Vicinity=the area near or surrounding a particular place
Magi=wise men
In reply to First post

by srishti ruth -
Whenever I will come across a new word which I don't know and have never heard of, I will write down the word and try to search its meaning. So this way everyday I will learn new words and build my vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Aroma changelin -
I will repeat a word I trying to learn to embed it within my memory.
In reply to First post

by Suiyipeule Liegise -
1. To write down new words I learn than check the meaning in the dictionary later when I get the chance.
2. To use the new words I learned in my day to day conversation.
In reply to First post

by Ranya Rachdi -
It works , i learned whales bleak shore spirit and i choose to memorise the new words in my own dictionnary
In reply to First post

by NoRa BkiBak -
The strategy that I chose to build my vocabulary is Learn One New Word a Day, because it is a very usefull strategy, so that I learnt two new words today: prowess and volor.
In reply to First post

by Mechie Lou Agcopra -
The use of context clues is effective in reading stories. I love reading books and the use of the technique saves my time by no longer looking for the meaning of the unfamiliar word in the dictionary.

Condescendingly
Illustrius
Receptacle
In reply to Mechie Lou Agcopra

by Michael Adeniyi -

I especially love the section on context clues. It has greatly enhanced my reading and improved my understanding of the language.

In reply to First post

by Angelica Embestro -
learning more vocabularies can sharpen your thinking and speaking skills
In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Edgardo Reale -
I will learn a new word everyday and I will try to use it in a conversation.
In reply to First post

by Gyovanna Emily Oliveira -
I've learned better ways to pronunciate words correctly, memorize and how to put it on frases.
In reply to First post

by Natalia Plata -
I learn New words listening to music, and watching te sometimes. Other way that I have is social media.
In reply to First post

by Nawress Mlewhi -
One effective strategy for learning new vocabulary in a language and improving language skills is to practice using the words in practical contexts to reinforce their meanings and usages.
In reply to First post

by Annie Lyn Sumaliling -

Proper using an eight parts of speech and using the punctuation marks correctly will lead to a correct grammar construction.

In reply to First post

Proper using of an eight parts of speech together with using the punctuation correctly will lead to a perfect grammar construction.

In reply to First post

Proper using of an eight parts of speech together with using the punctuation correctly will lead to a perfect grammar construction.

In reply to First post

by Sadia Alawi -

The Voraciously Reading strategy is very useful for me. When I am reading, I face to a lot of new and old words. And this help me to understand the real meaning of the words. Understanding the meaning of a word from sentence is a good way of remembering and learning words. Beside reading, I also listen some english audios or videos. And this help me to pronounce it correctly.

In reply to First post

by Benamara Mourad -
One of the best strategies to build your vocabulary is to write down all the new words on a note book and than try to practice it as possible as you can. I'm sure you will be pleased by the results ;) .
In reply to First post

by judee lerita -
              This has been a fulfilling session on developing word power. Using context clues strategy is truly helpful in unlocking the meaning of unfamiliar words. The words within the paragraph give hint to the sense of the difficult words.

Based on my personal experience, having a personalized dictionary contributed so much to my word bank. More so that I try to use those newly learned words in my day-to-day activities. I do agree that wide readers gain a lot of vocabularies the fact that they encounter various words from the different reading materials. That's why I learned to love reading especially if I have time. 

With the vocabulary building exercises I have today, there are additional new words in my notes for sure! Some of them are as follows: stoic which means not showing pain or emotion, anathema that has a meaning of hated, and inadvertently that is similar with unintentionally. Certainly, there are more unknown words that are yet to discover as I progress in this course.
In reply to First post

by Carla Pereverzeva-Orlova -
I read texts and write down new words and then I look at examples of using these words in movies. I also learn them in different apps.
In reply to First post

by Lhynzar Via Huelar -
Learning new word each day and using them to practice will help me widen my vocabulary.
In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Francine Latoga -
Weeellll fortunately my new favorite word is ✨Voraciously✨
In reply to First post

by Rolando Rollin Galindes -
It matters to check "parthenogenesis", a word reflected in one activity. Google search results: a. on "parthenogenesis etymology" reflects this: "mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek parthenos ‘virgin’ + genesis ‘creation’ (o origin); and, b. on "parthenogenesis meaning" reflects this: "a reproductive strategy that involves development of a female (rarely a male) gamete (sex cell) without fertilization..." A long text, yet very informative. Thank you for the guidance.
In reply to First post

by MD Khaliduzzaman -
all these given strategies are much more helpful. I am learning through daily life experiences.
In reply to First post

by Maria Martinez -
Wednesday, July 9, 2023.

After reading about the ten vocabulary strategies, I’m trying to apply all that I can, for example I’m reading more news on English and when I found a new word, I try to understand it by context, then I translate it to my first language, doing that, is almost sure that I can understand the meaning of this word, to make sure my understanding I look up on my mind for the antonym and synonyms of the word.

A new thing that I’m doing is that I subscribed to Marriam-Webster to receive every day “ the word of the day”, once I have readed it I write down the word and its meaning, then I stop to think on it to apply on everyday situations or persons of my life.
For example:
Loquacious: someone described as loquacious might also be called wordy ( prone to using more words than considered necessary when talking) or garrulous (tending to talk a lot). 🤔 “I know someone like that”.
In reply to First post

by Zeah Joyce Ignacio -
I search new words everyday then I use it in conversations and written communication.
In reply to First post

by ACHRAF CHAOUKI -
There is a lot of strategies to learn languages if you practice, i think is 90% you'll be able to understand all about this languages
In reply to First post

by ACHRAF CHAOUKI -
There is a lot of strategies to learn languages if you practice, i think is 90% you'll be able to understand all about this languages
In reply to First post

by George Osei Bonsu -
It has been awesome! Context clue has been working perfectly.
Meticulous, meaning, giving attention to details.
In reply to First post

by Giang Hung Tien -
Prioritizing speaking skills is crucial when acquiring new vocabulary in a language. This involves actively engaging in conversations and incorporating newly learned words into real-life situations to solidify their meanings and usage. By adopting this approach, language proficiency and fluency can be enhanced more rapidly and efficiently.
In reply to First post

by Adam Hassan Elmi -
i have learned many strategies but I will strictly choose the context clues
In reply to First post

by David Peters -
I am very thrilled and excited to build my vocabulary
In reply to First post

by kawtar Imzilne -
I will try to find out more new every day to enrich my English knowledge
In reply to First post

by Jawi Sundari -
I think among the strategies that have been learned, the use it or lose it strategy is one of the most effective ways for me to build up my vocabulary skills. it forces me to think fast and produce words in English by practicing it by both written or verbally in my daily speaking activity.
In reply to Jawi Sundari

by Achir Chaima -
Obviously, I agree with you it's the best strategy to improve our skills.
In reply to First post

by Illuminati Stgo -
The strategy I will used is from what I learned in this course that is proven effective, such as taking notes, expanding my vocabulary through online from what the author of this couse has recommended, write my own crosswords and also having my own personal lexicon or dictionary, writing new words meanings from my understanding and perspective.
In reply to First post

by Rawan Ameen -
There are numerous words and strategies to improve more and more.There are many words that I have committed to memory and it is not possible to say all of them in this part, and I am completely satisfied with all parts of the test. That is why I am completely happy for it.
In reply to First post

by rana tarek -
the practice and acquire vocabulary from reading are the most to be perfect in the language
In reply to First post

by Dezairinne Dominise -
You will easily understand the difficult unfamiliar words just by looking at context clues. It helps a lot.
In reply to First post

by Venus Cayabyab -
Yes. I will apply all the knowledge I gained by using the new words in a conversation.
In reply to First post

by Apeksha Garse -
I'm learning 5 words per day and trying to speak it with my family and friends.
In reply to First post

by MAAMAR Sidahmed -
I read every day , it's the best way of learning English and every language
In reply to First post

by Rogine Macatangay -
Every time I will encounter new words , ill make sure to get put it on the notes and finds its meaning and use thisnas a practice.
In reply to First post

by Alicia Jane Torres -
Building your vocabulary needs courage, courage to learn new words to broaden your vocabulary
In reply to First post

by Ahmed Abo ElEnien -
In reply to First post

by Tharushi Rasanga -
I used to listen English songs and write down the words which i notice. And after I check the lyrics and find so many new words from them. And figure out their meaning by checking Dictionary.
In reply to First post

by Rizza Villarete -
I think the best vocabulary strategy, is to use the words with an usual conversation, just practice, use the words and remember it.
In reply to First post

by antonette maluping -
I would pick new words, know the meaning, and then use it in my conversation with others to familiarise myself and hopefully the person I am speaking to
In reply to First post

by Kayexery Licup -
I would love to try the vocabulary strategy of linking the words into something meaningful. You will be more likely to remember a new word if it is used in a context or conversation you find interesting.
In reply to First post

by Sahil sania -
Making speaking skills a priority is important when learning new vocabulary in a language, This includes practicing speaking and using new vocabulary in practical contexts to reinforce their meanings and usages, By applying this strategy, language skills and expression can be improved faster and more effectively
In reply to First post

by Omar alkhouja -
Now that you know more about vocabulary strategies, pick a strategy to try today. Give it a try, and then write about it in the discussion forum. Did it work for you? What new words did you learn? Share the strategy you chose to build your vocabulary
In reply to First post

by Smail Sadki -
To improve our speaking skills we should improve our lexicon and take full leverage of it.We should use google dictionary or oxford dictionary.
In reply to First post

by hadj ahmed -

Vocabulary strategies help me very well to learn vocabularies that can use in several discussions. the SQ4R and synonym, antonym and the meaning of the sentence give me opportunity to use different sentence to explain myself efficiencely.

In reply to First post

by Mohammed Loukili -
I learn the Word: Each day, make it a habit to learn and understand the meaning, pronunciation, and usage of the chosen word
In reply to First post

by Momina Shahzadi -
In reply to First post

by ABIDA SHAFI -
Yes its working.There are many more words i have learn and also memorized by using your vocabulary strategy.
In reply to First post

by issmahane bey -
there are sevral ways to study more words but the best strategie for me is to study one word and understand the meaning of it in the day
In reply to First post

by Madelyn Gorobat -
I've learned the importance of clues when reading particular book.
In reply to First post

by abir sng -

Write down any new word for you

In reply to First post

by Maryam Elfelah -
My strategy is to write , remember and use it for discussion to improve my skills
In reply to First post

by CHERLY ADTOON -
I learned something new today. I have even created a lexicon to use and practice new words.
In reply to First post

by Asmaa Embaby -
I have tried many strategies and they all were useful
In reply to First post

by CHIOMA CHINELO -

I have picked the strategy of creating word bank or word cast to help me increase my lexicon. And i will imbibe the act ofqord practice.

In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Eugenia SilvadeAzevedo -
This course has done me good, even though I didn't pass, I got 6.80, I am proud of myself anyways. I will retake the test in couple of days from now; Wish me Luck!
Congratulations to all of you out there for trying to improve your skills and for coming this far.
We can do this!
In reply to First post

by Ibtissam ESSADIK -
My sstrategy will be : more practice and I have to use new words learned in speaking or I will lose it.
In reply to First post

by Eyerusalem Tadiyos -
It"was very interesting and I practice every day, I will share you soon.
In reply to First post

by Frida Arquinego -
I'm going to start gathering words I don't understand to expand my vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Nissrin Kaidi -
Make friend with dictionary help me to improve my vocabulary . So that when I read a book or an information and I don't now the mean of a word , I back to my dictionary to now the real mean of this word with his synonyms . After that I writ this word in a note book , and I use it in my daily life .
In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by CHERRY ANN DURIN -
Do something out of ordinary.
My takeaway Includes reading new words to improve my skill and use it in my conversation with others.
In reply to First post

by Kenza Bouguettoucha -
Hi,
Today's course was so usefull , I learned many difficult words in the activities .
I choose the "use it or lose it " strategy and I will apply it with my friends .
In reply to First post

by Tawah Joan Yeye -
I will keep learning new words and reading everyday to help me not to forget my vocabulary
In reply to First post

by Mursal sattari -
From what I have learned about reading different vocabulary reading strategies. My learning vocabulary strategy is by playing games this way I learn and remember new words.
In reply to First post

by Basma Elbichri -
I will choose the first one because reading more help to expand the vocabulary .
In reply to First post

by Claudia Sánchez León -
When I will come across a new word which I don't know, I will write search its meaning and I will try to use in sentences for include in my vocabulary.
In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by San Thawdar Moe -
quiddler game make me interested and can improve my vocabulary as much as I play with fun.
In reply to First post

by maryann ashaolu -
Reading Voraciously is the best bet to increasing your vocabulary. It has helped me alot!
In reply to First post

by Ann Bajande -
I wanted to share my experience with the "Sentence Context" strategy for building vocabulary. I started by selecting a novel that I've been wanting to read, and I've been going through it slowly, paying close attention to words I'm not familiar with.

One of the words I encountered was "ephemeral." I guessed that it had something to do with being short-lived or fleeting based on the context of the sentence. After checking the definition, I was pleased to see that my guess was correct. I created my own sentence using the word to practice using it in context.

I've been reviewing the words I've learned each day, and I'm finding that I'm more aware of these words when I come across them in other readings. I'm excited to see how my vocabulary continues to grow using this strategy.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and the words you've discovered!
In reply to First post

by Studious Cheetah -
I use a specific excel worksheet where I can place all new vocabularies I've encountered. Each day, I will go back and try to memorize all the words there. As for now, I'm comfortable with this strategy. I hope this will still work in the long run.
In reply to First post

by yazide elba -

Please,  is this sentence correct ?

" it was used " 

I dound it in the book : BC  Reads : Adult Literacy Fundamental English - Reader 3 

In story  : the shooting of Ginger Goodwin p.10

In reply to First post

by yazide elba -

I searched in all forms of the conjugation in Englisg , I didn't find this form 

In reply to First post

by Jennifer Mirandilla -
I learn a lot about the techniques on how to build and understand the term and vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by yazide elba -

1- I did learn about mobile apps some things which me develope 

My vocabulary 

2- webquest improves my English because I use news words 

3- newspaper - game - application- story - documentary 

In reply to First post

by Samsudin . -
I will study and memorize vocabulary in my free time
In reply to First post

by salmaa fdaly -
I try to speak english and read more everyday.
In reply to First post

by Ziyad Ouali -
One effective strategy to build your vocabulary is the "Word of the Day" approach. Here's how you can implement it:

Select a Source: Choose a reputable dictionary, thesaurus, or vocabulary-building website that provides a "Word of the Day" feature. Many websites and apps offer this service.

Consistency: Commit to checking the "Word of the Day" every day. Consistency is key to internalizing new words.

Understand and Use: When you encounter the new word, take time to read its definition, synonyms, antonyms, and example sentences. Try to understand its usage contextually.

Create Associations: Form associations with the word by connecting it to your existing knowledge or experiences. This helps in better retention.

Use the Word: Incorporate the new word into your writing and conversations. This practice reinforces your memory and helps you become more comfortable using the word naturally.

Review: Periodically review past words to ensure they're still in your memory. Repetition aids long-term retention.

Keep a Vocabulary Journal: Maintain a notebook or digital document where you jot down the words you've learned, their meanings, and example sentences. This serves as a handy reference.
In reply to Ziyad Ouali

by Christian Montehermoso -
Word of the day. It is very effective.
Word Bank. Here, have a notebook and prepare reading materials then let the student write those unfamiliar words that they have read or saw in the text and let them search the definition of that word and after that write 2 or 3 sentences using that unfamiliar word.
In reply to First post

by Patt Doenha -
I have choosing the reading to improve my vocabulary. I have perceived how much it is useful for me. So each day I have earning more confidence in English Language, still that it seems too hard to learn.
In reply to First post

by Adeel Shah -
I read alot of sentences, and i also start to communicate so reading and communication is best way of strategy for learning new vocabulary in a language. Also by practice on new words we can improve our new language skills.
In reply to First post

by Jhonna luz Jovenal -
I started by selecting a word from a reliable source. I chose an online dictionary that offers a "Word of the Day" feature. The word for the day was "Sesquipedalian," which means having long words or characterized by long words. This was a word I had vaguely heard before but never really understood its meaning.
In reply to First post

by Evjareen Orezar -
There are many words and lesson I have learned and make sure to use on my day to day.
In reply to First post

by Jasmeen Kaur -
I tried to communicate with different individuals and it helped me gain knowledge .
In reply to First post

by Michelle Ann Bulos -
Practice, read and comprehend. There's no gain, if there's no pain. Fighting! Learning English is fun. 💪
In reply to First post

by Houria Benmoumou -

Strategy : Use it or lose it 

I gonna use the new word i learned,

The five things i should to follow are : 

Write it 

Say it aloud 

Create a sentence 

Use it in a conversation 

And discuss it with my friends 

In reply to First post

by Chanchal Daga -
In this vocabulary strategy,I learn many things and searching also new word
In reply to First post

by Yyyy 1246 -
I will remember and learn it every day
In reply to First post

by Aniza Adulacion -

Reading as part of your daily habit is a good way to improve and expand your vocabulary. 

In reply to First post

by Shanzay Shah -
I learn alot of new works using vocabulary strategies. It's help me alot to understand the content.
In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Ahmed Ali -
Sure! I wrote about it in the discussion forum and it was helpful. I learned new words like "strategy" and "vocabulary". To build my vocabulary, I chose to read books and articles, use vocabulary apps, and practice with flashcards. It's been a fun and effective way to expand my word bank! How about you? What strategy did you choose to build your vocabulary?
In reply to First post

by Rawaa Msahli -
Yes I like this strategie but however I try to used to my new words
In reply to First post

by Iqra naveedkhan -
I will use read voraciously make friends with dictionary and use it or lose it
In reply to First post

by Iris Villamor -

I'm having fun to learn  fast enough about my vocabulary 

In reply to First post

by Meryem Ennajhi -
use it or lose it
it is important to use new vocabulary everyday in our conversations with others
In reply to First post

by Linn Yee Yee Linn -
In my case, I don't learn vocabularies. I read short stories and learn words from reading. I guess, it works for me then use my conversation not to forget.
In reply to First post

by ABDELALI LEBBAR -
I focus on learning the meaning of new words in context, and I use a variety of resources to practice using them
In reply to First post

by Airen Albolote -
I'm playing Duolingo App, Scrabble, Text twist and talking or chatting in English language everyday. :)
In reply to First post

by Faisal Shaikh -
I will practice my learnt vocabulary every day
In reply to First post

by rej olivar -
I make sure to always use available resources like dictionary, internet, and thesaurus in searching and learning.
In reply to First post

by Hannah Pondar -
It is important to use new vocabulary everyday in our conversations with others. Practice, read and comprehend. I’ll going to use what I have learned to my day to day conversation to expand my vocabulary skills. Learning is fun!
In reply to First post

by Fanta Swaray -
I will learn and remember new words every day
In reply to First post

by Nadia Yangues -
Wells, My strategy to learn new English words is reading. I always see unknown words in my readigns so I try to discern them according to the context. If I can't do it, I look up the meaning i'm the dictionary
In reply to First post

by kousika .S -
The strategy that I have learned through this course helped me to explore more vocabularies and I have also learning many new words everyday.
In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by annapurna velguenkar -
Listening carefully, understanding the word , applying it in daily conversation and using the word as often as possible.
In reply to First post

by Tayyba Nawaz -
I will learn and remember new words everyday.
This is the one of the best platform to learn and practice.
In reply to First post

by Jelaine Villadolid -
I will, from now on, list new words that I see o hear and know their meaning then apply it on normal conversation.
In reply to First post

by ALOK MISHRA -
I will read voraciously and will try to learn new words daily.
In reply to First post

by Anil Boro -
Read, Listen, Speak And Write.
*Create Antonyms and Synonyms word lists.
*Write down new words.
It's all about practice..... Practice makes a man perfect.
In reply to First post

by Mah Noor -
There are many words that I have learnt and it is impossible to say all of them in this part, and I am completely satisfied with all parts of the activities.
In reply to First post

by Jobielou Maxilom -
I will listen attentively and write it in my notebook and study
In reply to First post

by Brian Michael Briones -
One of the strategies I have used today is using the newly found word in conversing with others. This strategy has helped me retain more of the newly learned words.
In reply to First post

by Wahib Ajaz -
I will remember and learn everyday.
In reply to First post

by Chamun Ali -
Always read , pick the new words study them to learn, learn to use dictionary, always recite new words to improve vocabulary
In reply to First post

by kelly sabb -
The strategy I use was context clues it helped me to better understand words that were unfamiliar.
In reply to First post

by Herminigildo Laput Jr Laput -
I knew countless of words and registered in my mind that I couldn't even mention it all here. But one thing for sure, it helped me a lot and I am contented of the activities provided.
In reply to First post

by Carlos Galvis -
Read more to learn new words and have more knowledge.
In reply to First post

by Aikins Ruth Araba -
I have learned how to find the meaning of keywords and how to use keywords.
In reply to First post

by Aikins Ruth Araba -
I read a text and came by word and I used the use it or lose it strategy and I am now used to the word. The word aura.
In reply to First post

by Adeel Shah -
My name is Adeel Shah. I am from Pakistan. I learn about all the parts of speech and clear my concept about them. Then I clear my concept about present, past and future tenses. Now for new vocabulary I don't have any difficulty. So, practice and usage of new words in daily routine we can improve our language skills.
In reply to First post

by Phoebe Wells -
Today, I learned the word anathema by using an antonym strategy among types of context clues. For example, I don't mind washing dishes once in awhile, but doing it all the time is anathema. I will continue to be a voracious reader, write down new words, and incorporate them into conversations if applicable.
In reply to First post

by Gabriel Tonkudza Tshabango -
In addition to regularly watching & listening to online content in English I will also pick up new words in conversations, look up their meanings and generate sentences that utilize them. For instance, I picked up the word "unscrupulous" in an email exchange which is synonymous with unethical. In fact, I'm able to remember its definition because of the synonym.
In reply to First post

by Vishal Garud -
every day 3 words learn it. & practice with sentenses
In reply to First post

by AMANI JOACHIM ASSOI -
Vocabulary building strategies play a huge role in improving my English. With strategy like context clues my comprehension skill is boosted and I can read more than one paragraph without using dictionnary. I can understand the meaning of word by using the context clues.
In reply to First post

by Jonalyn Delos Santos -
I used to remember new words and try to use it in a sentence. Sometimes, I tried to look for its synonyms then make a sentence using it.
In reply to First post

by Ryan Dela Torre -
In reply to First post

by Jehiah Alvarez -
I will repeatedly look after it so that I can familiarize it and learn it from day-to-day. The word "subtle" speaks about difficult way of analyzing or so delicate.
In reply to First post

by Sahadat Hossain -
I am learning vocabulary but gradually forgetting everything cannot remember and cannot use in my daily conversation. 
In reply to First post

by wasilat abimbola -
To learn five words a day and use them in conversation regularly....
In reply to First post

by Auden Arias -
this lecture serves as the basic knowledge in english
In reply to First post

by Tamador Bushra Salim salih -

I have started the strategy of creating my own lexicon and really it’s a very  useful method  and also I am planning to start the reading extensively and voraciously so that I will create a strong vocabulary which will help me to practice English as a native speaker. 

In reply to First post

by Aga Salazar -
Now I am more confident that I can understand the sentence unambiguously.
In reply to First post

by Hay Mar Myint -
Thanks so much. It's really great idea to read articles.
In reply to Hay Mar Myint

by Hannatu Nura -
I appreciate the session. It was well-explained
In reply to First post

by Meryeme MAAROUF -
Learning is life-long process that never stops.
There are ample vocabulary strategies that we can opt for to learn new vocabulary such as "READING VORACIOUSLY" and "USE IT OR LOSE IT" Which are my favourites strategies as they pave the way for me to learn new words and enlarge my lexicon.
these strategies work better for me.
In reply to First post

by Afjal Hossain -
Strategy: Reading Extensively in a Specific Genre
Reading extensively in a specific genre is a strategy I highly recommend for anyone looking to build their vocabulary. It not only exposes you to new words but also provides a richer context for understanding and using them. This strategy can be applied to any genre or topic of interest, making the process of vocabulary building both enjoyable and effective.
In reply to First post

by Nang Kham Seng Lao -
I really enjoy this section . I will remember and try to apply the strategies I have learned everyday.
In reply to First post

by Safae Torka -
it's so important to use new words and learn more day by day for more comprehension and discussion
In reply to First post

by Rechres Thompson -
In learning English it is necessary to use the unfamiliar words so that, we can easily rememember. Additionally, to enhance our speaking skills we have to read English magazines, movies and listen English audios.
In reply to First post

by Retche Dahug -
I will remember all the things that I learned here.
In reply to First post

by shelia Misley -
Usually when I learn new words I use then in my conversation I enjoy learning new vocabulary
In reply to First post

by Iftikhar Ahmed -
the ten points strategy is amazing... I think one can increase his vocabulary bank by using these simple rules...
In reply to First post

by shrey ranjan kumar -
I read a lot of sentences every day to learn new vocabulary. and i need to practice everyday
In reply to First post

by DEVADARSHAN SELVANAYAGAM -
There are several vocabulary methods available to us for learning new words, like "READING VORACIOUSLY" and "USE IT OR LOSE IT." These are two of my favorite tactics since they help me expand my vocabulary and acquire new terms.
These tactics are more effective for me.
In reply to DEVADARSHAN SELVANAYAGAM

by Lubelle Desnacido -
I'm going to apply the method I had learned from this lesson.
In reply to First post

by Ira Yvonne -
I will remember vocabulary and learn every day.
In reply to First post

by Deepanshu Negi -
ON DAILY BASIS I WILL LEARN NEW WORDS AND CONSTRUCT SENTENCES OF THEM.
In reply to First post

by salah marwa -
yes i have learned so many new words , i will work harder .
In reply to First post

by Blen Ermias -

I will read books to bbuild my vocabulary. 

In reply to First post

by nannwel oo -
Vocabulary strategy worked for me. I learnt new prefix words. I choose reading new articles to build my vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Naw Htee Ehmoo -
All these vocabulary strategies worked for me. I learned one new word today from merriam-website. I learnt the word 'werewolf'. I had the chance to learn the pronunciation, example sentences and its background.
In reply to First post

by Lindy Jane Marabe -
I will continue to learn and improve English language by Reading and Practicing newly encountered words.
In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Kerly Benitez Carriel -
I usually write the words, and try to use it on my daily conversations. There are several new words that i have learned such: fog, clue, fulish, threasur, loyal,burglar, accompushments, allow, dubbet, whether, enough, frontman, due to, stay away... and others..
In reply to First post

by Indika Peiris -
write the new words I found everyday and remember and practice.
In reply to First post

by Orange Mw -
make a notebook for new vocabularies and then review them.
In reply to First post

by Imane Abdeddine -
The strategy I chose is extensive reading. I downloaded the book and will try to learn and memorize a maximum list of vocabulary items
In reply to First post

by Marichu Ong -
Learning new vocabulary words will depend on one's eagerness and passion. Reading has always been my strategy for learning new words and using them regularly when time and occasion allow. The art of listening well to good speakers is another way to master unfamiliar words.
In reply to First post

by SADNA NASEER -
A learned new word "contemporary" today. I immediately wrote it down in my note book and looked up its meaning when I came home. Now I tried to use it every time in my sentence.
hehehehe
In reply to First post

by Cherry Mae Burce -
The strategy that helped me in advancing my vocabulary was the usage of new found words and then applying it in conversations with other people. Through that, I will be able to recognize the words and use them effectively.
In reply to First post

by Lakpriya Kuruppu -
This is what I summarized 

1. Always read according to your understanding level.
2. Use a dictionary.
3. Use your new words in daily life.
4. Learn new words everyday.
5. Try to understand the root of the word so you can access understand more words.
6. Maintain personal word list /dictionary.
7. Refer to more resources using online free platforms. Download vocabulary development books/download apps.
8. Try to read different field so you can know each field related vocabulary. 

Play and have fun..
Many people don't like to read or memorize things. Also this generation use more 
technical tools and do all their daily works through their phones,laptops.
When it comes to studying, people love to learn in a fun way.Therefore  people 
can download apps related to vocabulary building and try it. There are so many  
fun games, crossword games available in play store. The most important thing is they 
don't have to arrange specific time to study  and they can study wherever  they are or
whenever  they are available.
In reply to First post

by Kiruthika K -
I tried to build my vocabulary over many years but faced failure in multiple attempts, I Never tried the trick that I had learned from Saylor before. I found it very useful. Let me explain the procedure, I began reading news articles and noted down the new words then translated them into my national language, and then wrote down the Synonyms and Antonyms of the same. Finally, I attempted to write a sentence by using new words and started implementing in daily basis conversations with friends.
In reply to First post

by yuri sanchez -
I learned to sharing words talking in person with my family and my boyfriend , Reading Books too and watching music videos in english of pop music.
In reply to First post

by Thushan Indika -
Being able to travel with great understanding is a great feature of this course
In reply to First post

by Maraflor Balagtas -
Vocabulary strategies really help me a lot to know new and unfamiliar words. Just like what happened yesterday, I read a story on Wattpad using the English language. I encountered unfamiliar words there, which is why I cannot fully understand the context. What did I do? I applied the strategies using the context clues of words and the synonyms. That's why I understand and love the story because of its very beautiful ending. Until now, those unfamiliar words have remained in my mind, and by doing so, I can also use and apply them in real-life communication.
In reply to First post

by HAJOOS Ali -
In reply to First post

by Min Thant Htut -
Ok, thank you for sharing the advice and I will mark that but the only thing I deal is some vocabularies are too advanced for me. But I hope I can speak english like in native speaker.
In reply to First post

by El marhani Sara -
The strategy that I chose to build my vocabulary is learning one new word a day, because it is a very usefull strategy.
In reply to First post

by Huda Sallam -
To learn a new word everyday and make sentences, to read stories that I feel interested reading them. I
In reply to First post

by rayane mouniri -
I build my vocabulary using videos and movies when i hear a new word i go search for it and what its means
In reply to First post

by YASSINE OUDA -
Reading aloud and everyday, then using some new words to create 2 or 3 sentences.
In reply to First post

by Yolana Terah Juwono Jauw -
In my strategy to expand my vocabulary, I will read as much as I can and try to delve into the words (look at the synonyms) while making sentences with them.
In reply to First post

by salma rafiq -
I will learn English by listening and reading everyday, and also by using the strategy to building vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Abd Elhadi -
to have a good vocabulary you must have a daily practice and learning new words
so i'll to have my program for learning more
In reply to First post

by Anas Houssni -
In reply to First post

by Joshua Sy -
I will remember it all, and learn everyday.
In reply to First post

by Pawan Sharma -
I learn new word every day and use it on different sentences.
In reply to First post

by Rodel Mahinay -
I learn alot of new words and build up my vocabulary at its finest. I usually do a searching process to analyze the specific meaning of the words. Using it in a sentence, makes it understandable.
In reply to First post

by Niama Rida -
i will remember and learn everyday
In reply to First post

by Palak Joshi -
Today, I'll focus on incorporating new words into my daily conversations. I aim to use at least three words I've recently learned while chatting or discussing various topics. Afterward, I'll share my experience on the discussion forum, detailing the words used and the overall effectiveness of this strategy in expanding my vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Widzaella Aritus -
I learned so much things about vocabulary strategies in this unit. And I learned many words as such as dilapidated, Anathema, Practice, Freely, etc.
I will practice everyday to keep my English much better.
In reply to First post

by Nancy Hassan -
I should practice on every new vocabulary listen or read
In reply to First post

by Rukhsar Raoofi -
In my opinion knowing the suffixes and prefixes is a great way to learn new words and I will try to use this strategy.  
In reply to First post

by Safaa Mohamed -
To build my repertoire of vocabulary, I use strategies such as reading voraciously, doing vocabulary tests, games & puzzles, creating word glossary and subscribing to Learner’s Dictionary to receive one word daily by e-mail. This way I can apply the “3 RS”, Remember, Ruse & Recycle in boosting my vocabulary. Remembering what I read and talking about it with others can do wonders.
In reply to First post

by Safiullah Saed -
Answer toTask 4 of WebQuest:
1. Mobile apps can be more useful in short term, nor in long term. We must manage them for our children correctly.
2. I learnt new information about applications.
3.complimentary, scavenger,
collaborative, inclusion, incorporated, astounding.
In reply to First post

by Safiullah Saed -
Yes context clues worked for me, also word parts(affixes).the new words I learned are: complimentary, scavenger,
collaborative, inclusion, incorporated, and astounding.
In reply to First post

by Online Learning Journey -
Hi everyone! I'm Chloey from Malaysia.

Vocabulary strategies works well for me. Apply the new words I've learned in my daily conversations. I suggest not hesitating to speak—make as many mistakes as you need. Always learn from those mistakes and speak with confidence.
In reply to First post

by Hannah Glaze Erbito -
One effective strategy to build your vocabulary is through reading extensively. Reading exposes you to a wide range of words and contexts, helping you learn new words and understand their usage.
In reply to First post

by Mary Jane Par-ogan -
No Pain, No gain. All we need is to familiarize the key terms learned regarding vocabulary and use it in daily coversation.
In reply to First post

by Lemon Block -
Today I am going to actually use the words in an every day situation,I used to have a word box an made an own dictionary thanks to the lectures I had,but I could not remember any of them because I did not use them
In reply to First post

by Shailesh Jha -
I keep all these in my mind and practising everyday
In reply to First post

by Lydia PR -
Yes, the context clue strategy is the best. it works for me. guessing meanings of unfamiliar words becomes quite easier through context clues strategies. special thanks to the saylor team.
In reply to First post

by Shraddha Shri -
I learn the word by continuously using it in sentence whenever possible.
In reply to First post

by Hanzala Shahid -
I will try to learn one new word every day. Today I learned the word breakfast meaning that it is about breaking the fast which we are having all the night
In reply to First post

by Ikechukwu Obaji -
My strategy for learning new words to write down unfamiliar words in my diary and look up in the dictionary later.
I was able to write down the following words while reading a entitled: Overcoming Crises by Myles Munroe:
1. Bahamian
2. collaborate
3. trauma
4. Midianities
5. torrential
6. precipitated
7. sugarcoat
8. maximize
9. economize
10. diligent.
I felt really cool when I looked their meanings in the dictionary.
In reply to First post

by Maksym Bondarenko -
Hallo! Besides of actually learning foreign language, I also prefer to occupied all my browsers content at the same language too. It's can be news, songs, films and, of course, Audiobooks.
In reply to First post

by AMIT YADAV -
I chose the "Word Association" strategy to build my vocabulary. I connected new words with familiar ones, creating mental links for better retention. It worked well, enhancing my word recall and understanding. I discovered nuanced meanings and improved my language skills through this effective and enjoyable strategy.
In reply to First post

by Salwa Haboubi -
I find that learn one word and at least one of its synonim and one of its antonym and make it in a sentence trying to use as possible as i can it may works better for me
In reply to First post

by Deepika Suthar -

I learned that we should learn one word daily from our daily life, from the conversation and movies,etc.

In reply to First post

by bina zahoor -
Awesome
I learn ,read, vocabulary daily.t will try in my conversation
In reply to bina zahoor

by Mathews Nyimbili -
The most effective way that helps me improving my vocabulary is reading a lot of Newspaper articles and watching educational.
In reply to First post

by Disha Dingankar -
recalling all the new words which I have learnt in a day and finding their meaning and doing the same thing every day this will help to improve my vocabulary
In reply to First post

by Vina Marie Catindoy -
Writing down unfamiliar words and looking up their meanings is a very helpful strategy to improve my vocabulary bank.
In reply to First post

by Gloria Chanel -
I will start the strategy of learning new words everyday. Even if it will be one word, doesn't matter, it will improves your language. And using the new words I've learned in conversations, writings, and replacing them with the old Synonym words that I used to use.
In reply to First post

by Lovelyn Dayo -
I am very happy to learn these things and will surely share it lively to others.
In reply to First post

by Aimran Userone -
I'm so happy each day I find myself know more than five words I'm sure one day I will be like native speakers ..!
In reply to First post

by Elizabeth Escaño -
I will continue reading extensively, and often. It not only helps build my vocabulary, it also widens my view of the world through different perspectives.
In reply to First post

by Yenifer Mckenney -
reading, writing the meaning of the new word and use them when speaking is very helpful to improve my english
In reply to First post

by Lucho Begi -

I learn how to find a definition of a new word by looking at the surrounding phrases in the paragraph, looking it up in a dictionary and looking it up in a thesaurus.

In reply to First post

by Doris Morales -
I see new word, I look for it´s meaning I write it and memorize it
In reply to First post

by Aliza Shah -
I will learn a new word everyday and i will also make a lexicon list for memorizing those words.
In reply to First post

by estel quintelo -
I have watched a new series in English and learned the word "scholarship"
In reply to First post

by BARIT SAHAI DHANA B -
I will repeatedly read the word and understand the synonyms of the word.It helps me to memorize all the words easily
In reply to First post

by Awais Ahmed -

One effective strategy to try is "word association." Pick a word you want to remember, then connect it to related words, concepts, or images. Create mental links between these associations, making it easier to recall the original word. After trying this strategy, share your experience and the new words you learned in the discussion forum.

In reply to First post

by Nejat Aynae -

When I read a new word, I search for the synonym of the word. It helps me to understand what it means and remember it.

In reply to First post

by Imane 2017 -
To learn new words, I used google traduction every time when I found a word that I didn't understand
In reply to First post

by MAHAMMADU HANIPA AFNAN -
That's my habit.i learn a new word in every day. It's help to improve my English skills 
In reply to First post

by David Fernando Ardila González -
In the last few days I've been practicing on play and using new vocabulary in self-sentences, trying to keep them fresh and reminding them constantly. It works very good for me, as I can communicate more confidently and concise.
In reply to First post

by cylia henni -

of 

henni 

cylia

i really learned a lot thank you

In reply to First post

by Aiza Shabir -

New Learning method unlocked: Read a lot, learn and pay more attention to new words, try to understand it from context clues( if not any) then search it, use it in your daily talk, practice it more often.

In reply to First post

by Jocelyn Bulanadi -

There are lots of new vocabulary words I learned these past few days and it would be difficult to put them all here. But, the strategy that works for me is continuously reading any articles and searching up the meaning of the words I stumbled upon in the internet.

In reply to First post

by Erika Ann Ortiz -
Choose a Starting Word: Pick a word you want to learn or understand better. It could be a word you encountered recently or one you've been meaning to learn.Brainstorm Associations: Write down or think about words and concepts related to your starting word. These could be synonyms, antonyms, related terms, or words that evoke similar images or emotions.Explore Connections: Use a thesaurus or online resources to explore the associations you brainstormed. Look up definitions, synonyms, and example sentences for each word. This will help you deepen your understanding of each term and how it relates to your starting word.
In reply to First post

by YOUNESS DAHY -

so actually i chose same stategie to improve my language (english) 

i think it will succed 

now about the new vocabuler ... actually i write all the new words in my note and usually in your units or lessons i learn a lot of new words and sentences 

In reply to First post

by Tech Brothers -
Not yet, but i am trying my best to memorize new words.
To make my vocabulary strong, I am reading Books and different Articles.
In reply to First post

by Syeda bareera Batool -

I have start writing the new words and from now onwards i will use them in my conversation Inshallah.

In reply to First post

by Felizia Bernardo -
Now that Im learning new words or new vocabulary. It may take a while to learn more but it helps a lot
In reply to First post

by Richard Yiga -
I will look for new words, note them down and keep revising them till i understand them
In reply to First post

by Sander Silva -

The new words I learned today were amazingly helpful such as suffix which means the last letters of a letter formation to create a new word.

In reply to First post

In reply to First post

by Maria Carolin Chung -
Writing down notes for me has always been an effective tool not only for remembering what I read but also for listing down words I learned for the day.
In reply to First post

by Katrina Jane Uclaray -
Today, I tried the "Word Journal" strategy to boost my vocabulary. I noted unfamiliar words, looked up their meanings. It was effective and increased my word awareness.
In reply to First post

by Rania Elkasmi -
Reading is a part of my routine, and use the new word in my daily life, this is the strategy I work on to build my vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Iñola, Laiden M. -
I will try to read often and make lexicon to improve my skills. Using etymology is a great help too.
In reply to First post

by Sana Zafar -

These vocabulary learning strategies helps a lot in new word learning process 

In reply to First post

by Anju Chaudhary -
In reply to First post

by Dalia R -

Read a lot every day, diversity- read about something new and unfamiliar.

In reply to First post

by Amadou Boukary Abdoul kader -
Hello everyone, I hope you are going well. I learned a lot of the vocabulary words in this section and i need to be regular in my learning so as not to forget and progress quickly
In reply to First post

by Amna Naseer -

I will learn and practice every single day.

In reply to First post

by Hadia Riaz Ahmed -
Whenever I learn a new word, I just simply try to keep that in my mind or write it in my notepad, look for its meaning in dictionary and use it in my writing and conversation.
In reply to First post

by Sarjun Miswar -
I tried the strategy of following a process. I installed an app on my mobile that shows a new word everyday including its definition. I already placed the widget on my home screen so I could check it as often as I can.

The first word I learned today is "Tenacious". It is an adjective which means persistent or determined.
In reply to First post

by Alayza Marie Vales -

Today the word I learned is ironic. Ironic characterize by irony. Synonyms is derisive and  sarcastic. Antonym for sincere.

'His mouth curved in ironic smile.' - example sentence.

In reply to First post

by Ricardo De leon -

Our learnings is more effective when we apply it in our everyday activities like conversation with other and so on.

In reply to First post

by John Elijah Bien -

I quite enjoyed having my very limited linguistic faculties be augmented by such entertaining vocabulary-building exercises. Very well done to both parties.

In reply to First post

by Samir Samir -
Hello every one ! I want to Say that understanding the meaning of a word by khnowing its etymologie and History IS very helpfull to remember it.
In reply to First post

by Ebrahim Humed -
Hello every one!
I hope you are all healthy and happy.
I learned a lot about improving vocabulary in this section. All of the strategies have been helpful and have their merits, but now I'm starting to create my own lexicon to jot down every new word I discover as I read. And then, I review the words and use them in my daily conversation. It helps me a lot to have a set of words and repeat them every day. Also, reading voraciously is another useful strategy for me.
In reply to First post

by Fatima Parveen -

Vocabulary building is the process of learning new words. It's a key part of learning a new language, as it helps people understand what they read and hear, and communicate better.

Here are some tips for building vocabulary:
  • Read: Reading is a major part of vocabulary building. Reading widely and often is important for long-term vocabulary development. 
  • Learn in chunks: Learn words in chunks and scripts. 
  • Create word associations: Associate words with meanings, such as "gargantuan" meaning "very large". 
  • Take tests: Taking vocabulary quizzes can help you retain new words. 
  • Create groups: Group words together by meaning to identify patterns that can help you incorporate them into your speech. 
  • Practice: Use new words in conversation.

In reply to Fatima Parveen

by EDMUNDO COLE -
Gathering any reading materials can help to familiarize words new to us.
In reply to Fatima Parveen

by EDMUNDO COLE -
reading news, books or any reading material can help to expand your word vocabulary.
In reply to First post

by Medhavi Kumbhar -
king speaking skills a priority is important when learning new vocabulary in a language, This includes practicing speaking and using new vocabulary in practical contexts to reinforce their meanings and usages, By applying this strategy, language skills and expression can be improved faster and more effectively.
In reply to First post

by EDMUNDO COLE -

Learning the different type of speech has increase my knowledge in writing an English words, sentences and paragraph.

In reply to First post

by nurani cahyaning -
In reply to First post

by Esha Munir -
whenever i see a new word i wil look for its meaning and then will try to remember it
In reply to First post

by Vinny Janis Ninoska Granados Herrera -

I started a personal lexicon. It has been really helpful for me because there are some words that I already have looked up in the dictionary, but I keep forgetting their meaning. The personal lexicon allows me to review the new words, and remember them the next time I find them in a text.

In reply to First post

by mohannad mohannadd -
my vocabulary strategies are reading voraciously and watch and listen more and more videos
In reply to First post

by Sabillaard Putri -

hello everyone, hope you are staying healthy. I used this website because it was for campus assignments, but it turned out that this website really helped me to develop in learning English

In reply to First post

by Luci Perry -
I enjoyed this lesson very much. The tips they give to learn and how to retain the new words has been very helpful. I'll come back to it often.
In reply to First post

by Shaista Ara -
Hi, I learnt a handful of vocabularies. I would like to choose dictionary to build a strong vocabulary .
In reply to First post

by Arasian Princess -
I will learn 10 new words everyday and use it during in my converstations with my friends daily.
In reply to First post

by Franklin Cafirma -
Play and have fun. This strategy will work for me because I believe that it is easier to remember something if you enjoy doing it. So, enhancing one's vocabulary is not that hard if you really enjoy doing it.
In reply to First post

by Syrine Claire Clemente -

I learned about the strategy of using context clues to know the meaning of a new word. Today, I found out what the word interem meant by using that reading strategy.

In reply to First post

by Justlie Castillo -
I will write and memorize at least 1 or 2 different words a day and try to understand each meaning.
In reply to First post

by Vanesa Dondonilla -
All the lesson and Activities I encounter here Saylor learning materials is very helpful. Thank you and more power.
In reply to First post

by Zin eddine moh Zendaoui -

Tried extensive reading today, discovered "ephemeral" and "ubiquitous" - effective strategy for expanding vocabulary!

In reply to First post

by Chantal Padagdag -
the effective way for me to remember new words is use it or lose it because using a new vocabulary in conversation is better to understand and remembering it. 
In reply to First post

by Myo Min Myat -
Of course!This is so work!I learned a lot of vocabularies.They are very handy in natural. I tend to practice in Speaking them in living.
In reply to First post

by Myo Min Myat -
I always work this course.It make me improve more strategy. I got more vocabularies.I tend to use them in natural life.I tend to choose to build my vocabularies strategy.
In reply to First post

by Temare Alemnew -
I like this strategy ( use it or lose it) and I decided to use it everyday.
In reply to First post

by mohamed abdela -
I really got good words i hope improve for my English practice and also how to i get When i Read vocabulary
In reply to First post

by Shiela Maree Pino -

It sounds like a great idea to engage with vocabulary-building strategies! One strategy I'd like to try today is using context clues to infer the meanings of unfamiliar words. I often encounter new words while reading, so instead of immediately looking them up in a dictionary, I'll try to determine their meanings based on the context of the sentence or paragraph.

After trying this strategy, I'll share my experience in the discussion forum. I'll mention if it worked for me, how successful I was in understanding the new words using context clues, and any new words I learned in the process. Sharing this strategy might also encourage others to try it out and share their experiences too!

In reply to First post

by zikra Khafi -
I will try to learn hard every day to build my own dictionary. wish me luck everyone 
In reply to First post

by Atia Parvin -
Trying to develop my vocabulary every day and trying to practice that in daily life.
In reply to First post

by Ko Htut -
I will learn and remember it everyday.
In reply to First post

by Ei Ei Phyo -
Repetition is the best way to learn about new words.
In reply to First post

by Zefanias Alvaro Mobiua -
I will read more English books, articles and watch movies without subtitles in my main language.
In reply to First post

by Navya Bhardwaj -
I learned about different vocabularies which I didn't knew. Explored new concept.
In reply to First post

by Manan Arora -

I learned very much about vocalbulary and english language today from this Saylor's course and I will encourage my classmates and friends to check out this course which also let us do hands on practice which makes learning fun and easy

In reply to First post

by Md. Abul Hossain -
In reply to First post

by Jhun Luyd Madrigal -
I learn in this lesson about the importance of vocabulary, this plays a crucial role for effective communication, enabling individuals to express their thoughts and ideas clearly. A strong vocabulary enhances comprehension, allowing individuals to understand and interpret written and spoken language with ease. Additionally, a diverse vocabulary is essential for academic success, as it facilitates better reading, writing, and critical thinking skills.
In reply to First post

by Oshadhi Ilmi -
I learn lot of new words from my studies.I take notes of every new words and review them.And also I try to use them in daily conversations.I always write them down and try to memorise them.
In reply to First post

by Oshadhi Ilmi -
I learn lot of new words from my studies.I take notes of every new words and review them.And also I try to use them in daily conversations.I always write them down and try to memorise them.
In reply to First post

by Elsa Nuevo -
I will try to find and learn new words everyday.
In reply to First post

by Yuvraj Mishra -
vocabulary strategies, pick a strategy to try today. Give it a try, and then write about it in the discussion forum. Did it work for you? What new words did you learn?
In reply to First post

by Angela Magaña -

1. Read and underline new words

2.-Create sentences with this new vocabulary

In reply to First post

by Reign Sandal -
Read as much as i can. Record every unkown words . And it could provide your own lexicon. CHAD ACOCABULARY IS SO FUN
In reply to First post

by Dushyant Bhardwaj -

The various techniques like reading voraciously, learn one new a day, understanding the true meaning of the words helped me a lot. The new words i learnt such as melancholy, abundant, scarcity, serene, tranquil, philanthropy etc.

In reply to First post

by samuele fanti -
Every day i read the books, i form and repeat sentences with new words out loud, learning to memorize them
In reply to First post

by pavan ch -
In reply to First post

by Aditya Chinnawar -
I learned a lot about improving vocabulary in this section. I review the words and use them in my daily conversation.
In reply to First post

by Julie Ann Malavega -
There are many words that I have committed to memory and it is not possible to say all of them in this part, and I am completely satisfied with all parts of the test
In reply to First post

by PATRICK CHIMUDINDU ONOH -
Today, I decided to try the strategy of using context clues to infer the meaning of unfamiliar words while reading. I came across a word I didn't know while reading an article about astrophysics. The word was "nebula." Using context clues from the surrounding sentences, I inferred that a nebula is a cloud of gas and dust in outer space. The article mentioned that stars are born within nebulae, which helped me understand that it refers to a celestial formation where new stars are formed. This strategy worked well for me, as I was able to understand the meaning of "nebula" without having to look it up in a dictionary. It also helped me stay engaged with the reading without getting sidetracked by stopping to look up every unfamiliar word.
In reply to First post

by Gwen Chudleigh -

Hi everyone!

I've always loved reading stories, especially fiction.

That's why the "Read Voraciously" and "Make Friends with the Dictionary" strategies were perfect for me when learning English.

Whenever I come across a new word, like "disseminate," I look it up to understand the story better.

Recently, I found the word "listlessness" while searching for another word for synonyms for "boredom".

In reply to First post

by Sampriti Bisht -
In reply to First post

by aqsa suri -
I will learn and practice everyday 
In reply to First post

by Htwe Aung -
Now I am learning English follow the strategy of this unit. This is useful for my learning vocabularies.
In reply to First post

by Noorulbasar Nazari -

I will learn voraciously, give more time to reading and learn new words from using leads formula.

In reply to First post

by Prof.Dr. Mahdi Al Jubori -
In reply to Prof.Dr. Mahdi Al Jubori

by Casis Guez Staël MASSALA MAGANGA -
In reply to First post

by Naveena Janet B -
The best way leads us to the quote "Practice makes Perfection", so that is we've got to do.
In reply to First post

by SHARMILA K.S -
Change the negative sentence and aborginal , direct, indirect speech and relaled videos
In reply to First post

by TETY FREJUS BEUGRE -
Okay, I create my own dictionary where I put in the new words that I learn. Every day, I revise them to remember its.
Today, the new word that learned was *guess*.
In reply to First post

by Renuka K -
I am really satisfied these all an activities and tests.
In reply to First post

by Tulasi S -
• Yes, this vocabulary strategies work for me.
•Lot of new words I can learn
• It is useful for us
In reply to First post

by Angel Mae Rela -

There's always a room for improvement. It's not a new strategy but it works best for me. Analyzing each word or sentence for determine its meaning and remember it. 

In reply to First post

by Kashish _ -
Hello everyone!
I learned a lot about improving my vocabulary in this section. All of the strategies have been helpful for me and now, I will make it a habit to write down every new word as I read or listen. And then I will review the words and use them in my daily conversation. Also reading insatiably is another useful strategy for me.
In reply to First post

by Xahra Bello -

Hello everyone,hope you are doing well

I picked creating lexicon:

So as I create my own lexicon,I jot down any new word I discover as I read. And then, review the word's and use them in my daily conversation.And yes it's helpful I really like it.

Also reading voraciously is another strategy for me